Blacktail Deer Plateau Insert cool title here
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
All Welcome 
Sylvas lingered near the river that flowed through the middle of the land, all the while his pale hazle eyes were cautiously observing the vast terrain as torn ears pivoted a top his head, listening to the gentle sound of the running waters beside him. 

It was beautiful here, the mercenary couldn't deny that and even though Sylvas had been slightly reluctant to leave the cuesta, he could already feel himself settling down here, in the plateau.

Lost in his thoughts, the scarred male shifted himself on large paws, a single ear flicking backward as the brute turned to gaze in the direction of the outskirts. And for a brief moment, Sylvas peered at the spot where he and the others had first arrived - only a few moons back and throughout most of the journey, Syl knew he had been quiet and distant to those around him. Even now, the distance still continued..

He grumbled some, looking away from the fringes and back to the woodland that was located just opposite of the running river from where he stood. Licking his muzzle, the mercenary stared silently ahead, his leathery nostrils flaring as he began to sniff at the cold air, the aromas that filled the plateau, being carried to him by the chilly Autumn breeze that swept sharply through the terrain.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema had been looking around the territory for herbs or plants she had never seen before, or if she had seen them never knew what they were. Her knowledge of plants was greater then the average wolf she thought, but for her to become a good medic for this pack she would need to expand her horizons and challenge herself. 

The herbs and flowers that grew in the more grassier areas she knew very well. Those that grew near water were alittle more difficult. Lilly pads and reeds she knew but things like watermint seemed to go over her head.

To further her knowledge she decided to find the stream that flowed threw the plateau, but upon finding it she found something alittle more interesting. A pack member that she had never seen before.  A male who had darker coloration compared to her, but was made up of the same palet. She was still relativly new to the pack and it was a goal of hers to introduce herself to all of the members. They stood on opposite sides of the stream. "Hello there. You probably havne't heard of me yet. My name is Pema."
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The mercenary may have been lost in a whirl of emotions, but they didn't stop him from hearing the light paw-steps of another approaching, even over the sound of the fast flowing water to one side. Unable to help it, the dark fur about his neck began to bristle slightly as he kept his gaze ahead, an unkept tail swaying behind as he eventually turned to gaze to the source - ears arching forward as an unfamiliar voice spoke out to him in greeting.

Still, the mercenary remained silent, his pale eyes studying the unknown female briefly before allowing his head to bow down in his own form of greeting. Eventually the brute forced a smile, "I believe you're right, Pema." He said as he offered a friendly wag of his tail, "I'm Sylvas." He added with a smile, giving the woman another polite dip of his head.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
At first there was only silence between the two, but as Sylvas bowed his head in greeting and agreed to Pema's statement he introduced himself. The name was familiar, as only a few day's prior Grayday had mentioned him in the line up off the pack. He didn't say much about him other then he had a son named Kieran round her age. "Father to Kieran right? Grayday had mentioned it earlier." she asked wanting to make sure she was rememboring correctly.

But looking at his face she could see the scar comming from his jaw. She assumed it was from fighting from where it was on the body but she couldn't be sure. "What kind of things do you do for the pack?" she asked wanting to know what skills others in the pack had. If her assumptions were correct, there could come a time where she would need to help Sylvas with an injury, as she worked towards becomming an offical medic for the pack.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The scarred brute watched the female quietly, his torn ears flicking forward as her voice sounded over the trickling waters once more - this time going on to mention his son, Kieran. At this point, Sylvas' full attention was on the lighter hued girl, "That's correct." He replied smoothly as his head tilted to the side some, "I take it you've met my boy then?" The merc asked curiously, his brown hued fur rippling in the cold breeze that seemed to be gradually picking up.

"I'm a warrior by trade.." Sylvas said with a more genuine smile to Pema's question, bushy tail giving a small flick behind him as he adverted his eyes away from the girl for a second to gaze around at the packlands. "My main goal is to protect those in the pack, but aside from that, I am also trying to further my hunting skills." He sighed softly as he looked back to Pema with a half smile,  "How 'bout yourself?" Syl asked with a interested tilt of his head.

Sorry about my posts if they get short, they've all been done through my mobile lol
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema watched as Sylvas's ears twitched as she spoke over the sound of rushing water and how he seemed to be focused on other things. When she mentioned his son is attention became much more focused on her. Her recolection had been correct and he asked if she had ever meet Kieran. "No I actually haven't seen him yet. Though it's on my agenda to meet him at some point." she stated. 

Her assumptions about his trade had ben correct as he explained that he was a warrior with gardian goals. Both of which were under the mercenary trade so they worked will together. His smiled seemed to how how much pride he had in doing his work. Looking back at his scar on his jaw she wondered what or who might have caused it. He also mentioned increasing his hunting skills, which is something Pema was trying to do as well. "I've been focusing on more medic realated things at the moment, but plan on increasing my skills in hunting and the other trades as well." she smiled and her tail swayed side to side.
The length is fine. Mine are similar
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The male listened with intrigue as Pema spoke and as she did, the brute allowed his head to nod in understanding as she explained that she hadn't met the boy yet, but it was on her list of things to do.

"I see." Sylvas said with a sway of his own tail, "I imagine that Gray has already told you that he's round your age as well then?" The scarred man asked as he peered to the girl with a curious, raised brow. Knowing his silver friend, he probably had informed the girl already, but there was no harm in asking for himself now was there?

And as their conversation moved on to the talk of trades, Sylvas' posture straightened some as he heard Pema mentioned that she was focusing on becoming a medic, but aside from that she also wanted to further her other skills - hunting and such. All were needed, but the merc knew a medic was something greatly needed and Sylvas was aware that Heartha was a caregiver of sorts and that she had some knowledge when it came to herbs, but in her current condition - the male thought it unlikely that she would be able to preform such a task if it were ever needed. 

"Visualize your goal and go for it, I say." The brute said with a wide, scarred grin, allowing his tail to give an enthusiastic wag to the girl, "Plus, I'm sure that one day I'll need your medical assistance." Syl stated with a light hearted laugh.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Sylvas nodded along with what Pema was saying even over the sound of the water between them. She examined it's depth. No deeper then a leg length she thought to herself. It seemed a bit weird that the two were continuing their conversation with it between them. It would be much easier to hear eachother if one of them simply crossed over. 

Sylvas remarked that his son and Pema were around the same age. It always seemed odd how others thought to mention how one would be similar in age to another. The assumption was that those of similar ages might have similar interests, but in Pema's experience even though she enjoyed the company of younger wolves and similar age to her, she enjoyed wolves that were older then her sometimes more. They had more to teach her and more experience to learn from. She always aspired to become someone like that to another. "Yes, he did mention that." she smiled anyway.

As he spoke of visualizing goal she though again to the stream between them. Maybe she could jump over it. After all it wasn't a river just a stream a few yards wide. He also made a connection that Pema had made earlier, that he may need her services in the future. Before continuing their conversation Pema took a few steps back to gain some speed before running a ways and jumping to the other side of the stream. Her back paws landing just shy of the other end and make alittle splash. Once over she had a big smile on her face and her tail wagged. "Went for it." she said with a small laugh in reference to his earlier statement of going for it. "Hopefully not, but if you ever do just let me know." she stated in responce to Sylvas's possible need of her medic skills in the future.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The scarred man merely smiled when Pema replied, the girl having confirmed his recent query and Syl simply gave the girl another nod of his head. Though as he continued to observe her, his pale eyes peered down to the stream between them, the darker male allowing his gaze to follow Pema's own till they both gradually looked back to one another once more. After falling silent, Sylvas couldn't ignore that her attention had been occasionally stolen from their conversation by the rushing waters that separated them and it wasn't until the young female suddenly jumped over the gap, that Sylvas gained his proof and quickly shifted himself to the side, giving Pema more room as she landed next to him. A torn ear flicked forward as the sound of her paws made contact with the moist earth, his head lifting some as he looked to her with a wide, wolfish grin of his own, her words and fervor had caused the man to let out an amused chuckle, echoing along with her own as it escaped into the air, ”Touche.” He said eventually as the laughing stopped, his tail giving a gentle wag behind him.

Syl tilted his head to the side some as she went on to answer his earlier statement of possibly needing her medical aid in the future and the brute smirked, ”Yes, hopefully not, but y'never know what lurks around the next corner of life.” The mercenary said with a slow sway of his tail, pale eyes averting away from Pema to quickly observe the area about them, ”I was considering doing a bit of patrolling around the Plataeau..” He began as he stared out across the land, gradually bringing his attention back to Pema, ”Though my stomach is currently pulling at my leg for a meal.” He added with a light chuckle, ”What do you think?” He then questioned, giving her a curious look as he fell silent.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Sylvas also found humor in Pema's leap over the water as they laughed together over it. He then remarked about the unpredictabiltiy that was life. No one was truely safe from harm and Pema though that it must be the real reason a pack would need a medic. After all if you could simply avoid all possible damger wouldn't you choose that path. Then again that would be too much fun.

He went on to talk about how he had planned to go on a border patrol, but that he was also hungry. Being asked her thoughs Pema suggested that, "Well the borders not going anywhere, your hungry and we both are looking to improve our hunting skills. Why don't we do that. At least for now." she would have also been up for accompanying him on a border patrol, but with all things considered she suggested the hunting.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The brute smirked broadly as Pema replied to his question and her honest response genuinely amused the mercenary to the point that he couldn't help but let out another small chuckle, "Good point." He laughed lightly again, bushy tail wagging behind him as he shifted himself momentarily on the spot, gazing around the plateau with his pale eyes, scanning the land for an idea on where to start their quest for food.

"Hmm." Sylvas started, head turning as he glanced around to the thick tall grasses in the distance and then to the birch forest located to the opposite side of where they stood, "Is there anything specific you want to catch?" The brute asked politely, offering  the choice to Pema first.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
What did she want to catch? Or better yet what didn't she want to hunt after. Fishing seemed like a solo hunting trip rather then something that would require two able bodies. She was hesitant to go after the deer. Even though they may not have looked very dangerious, those hooves and antlers were nothing to mess with strength and speed behind them. It would be easier to hunt deer with another person by her side, but she was still hesitant. 

Not wanting to limit Sylvas as to what he could and cound't try to go after she left it open to him. "Nothing imparticular. We can just head out and see what crosses our paths. Otherwise I'm ok with trying to track down something special for you." she smiled. Some wolves had favorite foods, but being realativly new to the area and the variety of prey, she hadn't had the chance to narrow it down. 

If he decided to go after the deer, Pema though that at the very least it would be good to have sort of a challenge to further her hunting skills.

223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Peering over the wide exspanse of land, Sylvas pondered on Pema's answer and allowed his head to give a firm nod, "That sounds like a good idea." He replied with a gentle sway of his tail, amused at the girl's last chosen words, "I'm not entirely sure what's hiding in these lands, but I did spot a lone stag venturing up river." Sylvas said as he glanced back to Pema. The brute knew the stag would offer more of a meal to the pair and that there would also be enough to add to their cache for winter.

Licking his muzzle, Syl slowly shifted his paws, gradually turning to face the lighter colored female properly, "Must've been a good while a go that I saw him, but if we can track and bring the buck down, we can share the rest with the others too." The mercenary suggested with a smile, "Shall we?" Syl asked smoothly, taking a step forward as he kept his amber gaze on her.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic

It seemed as though their hunting venture was off to a good start. They ended up landing on a somewhat inbetween disicion. Sylas had seen a lone male deer awhile ago, but also was unsure of what else really resided on the plateau. Pema figured she could embrace the hunt of deer, seeing as how their home was named for their abundance in the area. It would most likely become a highly saught out food source of the pack, so it was as good a time as any to perfect those skills. But if for some reason they would be unable to track down the stag, they could go after something else. 

Along with benefiting her hunting abilities the added food would also be good for the rest of the pack. After all Grayday had said that he wanted everyone fat for the winter, not just those able to hunt for a meal. The cache was somewhat low at the moment, but the pack still had plenty of time before winter offically hit.

She nodded in his direction when he asked if they should begin. "Where did you see him last? Maybe we can start our search there." It may not be the freshest scent seeing as how it would be a few days old, but it was better to start with a faint scent then no scent thought Pema. She waited for Sylas to take the lead to where he had seen it last. Her nose ready to intercept any signs of which direction it had headed afterwards.