Lake Rodney Blinking out before the burst
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
All Welcome 

At some point she had known this day would come. She had come as close as she wanted to when it came to the Caldera and could see the way it jutted up from the landscape. She had to trust that @Sebastian would hear her call - but then he might not or he might be so upset with her that he didn't want to see her. She was eager to get home to the forest and after crossing the mountains again she'd rested on a far bank of the lake until she'd felt her anxiety was the highest. No turning back now - if she didn't call him and didn't face her family she would be even more disgraceful. 

The girl lifted her muzzle to the air and let loose a melodic call - only for her father. It was at least a relief that the least welcoming member of the Caldera couldn't hear her to ruin things. She let out a shaky breath when her howl had ended, sitting up to wait and hope that her father actually showed.

You're picture perfect blue
Sunbathing on the moon
Stars shining as your bones illuminate
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had been looking out over the Caldera, another night of not sleeping. Pearl, Nova, Ivy, and Odette. All his girls left him. He tried to do his usual tasks around the Caldera but the moment he stopped they came back to his mind. How could it all have gone so wrong? Nova didn't want to move here. He was certain that was why she left. Then Pearl was gone as well, probably to find her. And while he had been away Ivy and Odette left as well. Sebastian was at a loss. He had been trying so hard to be a good father. But he felt like he failed.

Then... that one howl. His head shot up. His ears listened. His heart skipped a few beats. Sebastian got to his long legs, almost stumbling over his own feet. He ran down the Caldera as fast as he could. He had no eye for anything. It was Nova! He was certain he heard her. It had to be her! He started to pant as his big body traveled. He wanted to go faster and faster. He made a tumble down on the slope but quickly sprang to his feet. He didn't feel anything. The father crossed the borders and ran to the lake. He scanned for a figure. THERE!

Sebastian turned and ran only at the end making a sliding stop. He almost continued to slip due to the wet soil. His pale eyes fell into her pale blue eyes. She was here! Fully grown. Sebastian instantly fell before he paws. "You returned!" he whined and crawled closer to his daughter. He was certain that she hated him but she had returned so that meant something, right? "Please forgive me, Nova. Don't hate me," he sniffled. Tears broke through as he couldn't believe she was actually here.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Nova could feel her stomach rolling, anxious and uncertain over the choices she'd made. She didn't feel bad for doing what she'd done - she'd set out to find her mother and she hadn't succeeded in that, but she had at least found Mato. Unaware that Ivy had also vanished from the Caldera, Nova could only think of the positives so far. She and Mato were safe, they were working on the pack actively, and Tindome was sound in her opinion. They had others living there, ones who shared similar belief systems, ones who wanted to learn and grow in their fields. No one shunned one another so far - and wasn't that beautiful? 

She couldn't hear anyone coming, she didn't know if her call had been heard. All that she knew was that every breath seemed measured and almost hard for her. It was near overwhelming to wait and consider what the truth of things was - Sebastian might not come. He might not want to see her. The girl had turned away from the Caldera to stare at the lake watching little shimmers of light dance off it's surface. She was almost startled when she heard someone approaching and turned to watch her father, her tail beginning to wag a mile a minute as she realized that it was him and that he was coming to her. All the worries and thoughts of if he was mad at her were gone - she was just so relieved to see him! 

Nova whined as he landed before her, paws dancing a bit as he came to a skidding stop, instantly "Daddy!" She admonished instantly, leaning down to nuzzle against him, pressing kisses across his face, focused mostly on the tears he shed. "Daddy, I never hated you." She promised, laying down to be able to keep nuzzling against him. "I...Mama was gone, I couldn't lose her and Mato...and I wanted to find her but I couldn't. I tried Daddy, I'm sorry..." She said with a whine, pressing her face into his scruff to hide the emotions rising to the surface again. 

Sunbathing on the moon
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian wasn't met with hatred or anger. No. Nova wasn't mad at him. She seemed sad herself as well. Sebastian whined back. His tail started to wag as he heard that she didn't hate him. The gray colored father whined happily. He couldn't really stop. He nuzzled back against her. "I thought..." Sebastian stopped and then lifted his head a bit. He then showered her with little licks to comfort her, daddy kisses. He was so happy to see her. He had missed her.

"Oh Nova. Don't be sorry," he spoke softly. "I got it all wrong." Sebastian realized now he got it all wrong. He sat up a bit and then looked at her. His little girl. He was so glad she was safe. "I thought you left first. Because, well, I know you didn't feel at home in the Caldera. So my reasoning for Pearl leaving was because she was looking for you. But... She was gone... first?," he spoke, sounding confused and upset.

"I'm so glad you are safe! Andalusia and I spent over a month looking for you and Pearl! We couldn't find a trace of you. I only found Mato. He is starting his own pack! Grandpa went with him," he spoke in explanation then his expression grew sad. "When I came back looking for you and Pearl, Ivy was gone from the Caldera as well. I only have Ben left," he spoke, sounding so upset. He didn't know why Pearl left. Sebastian looked at his paws. All he wanted was the family life and be a good mate and father. Sebastian battered his sad eyes at his daughter. "I know where Mato is. I can bring you to them if you want to stay at the Caldera anymore...." He said that with pain in his heart, but he loved her too much for Nova to be unhappy.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

It was such a comfort that Sebastian wasn't upset with her and she nuzzled into his fur, breathing his scent deep. She'd missed her daddy, that much was true but she had wanted - had hoped - that she might find Pearl and bring her home and make him happy. Ultimately other things played out and Nova had to find a peace with the way things had worked. She'd found Mato, and that had made her feel at peace, but then where did that leave Sebastian? 

"No....Mama wasn't there and I...I just wanted to bring her home and maybe it was just a childish dream -" Because she was still a child after all, wanting to please her Daddy first and foremost. "I couldn't find her." But - but Ivy was gone? It left the girl reeling and if not for Sebastian being there she might have fallen to the ground, wallowing freshly in this new feeling of renewed loss. "I...I'm staying with Mato. In his pack. Granpa is there, so is Malice....but....we haven't seen Ivy." She admitted quietly. She felt even worse then knowing that almost everyone had left him behind. 

"I feel right there - I never did at the Caldera. It's almost like how it was at the Fen. It feels like home." Nova admitted. "I don't want you to leave your friends, Daddy, but...but I missed you so badly." She admitted, pressing a few more kisses to his cheek as she nuzzled into him. 

Sunbathing on the moon
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nuzzled his daughter right back. He was so glad to have her close. He knew she was safe now. He trusted that Mato would keep her safe. "It is okay, Nova. It isn't your job to look for her as sweet as it is," he spoke to his daughter. "Not a childish dream. It is hope. You got that from me I'm afraid," he admitted. He always had hope for things to turn out differently. How his father treated him, how they would become close one day. Hope that Haven would return. Hope that Pearl and his children would return. Always that hope.

"You are? Good for you. I'm happy you are with Mato. I know he will do a good job of ruling his own pack," he spoke. He licked over her cheek. "Don't worry about me. The Caldera is my home. It has been before. Everyone his my friend here and I can always visit you guys. And well, perhaps, one day Pearl will return and I will be waiting for her. Though, I think something bad happened to your mother," Sebastian ended softly. He disliked to think that anything happened to Pearl but that was the only reason. "I missed you too, Sweety. You can always come visit me too if you miss me and your brother," he spoke.