Blacktail Deer Plateau disco fries
812 Posts
Ooc —
Uncle @Atticus, come play with me! :)

Osprey Jr. roamed the den site for the umpteenth time, finding delight in all the little things the world offered that adults eventually grew to overlook: the ticklish wonder of the grass beneath her paws; the temperature shift between sunlight and shade; the hum of spring's first insects buzzing around her head; the rich smell of earth; the simple joy of a crooked stick held in her teeth... at her age, it certainly didn't take much to keep her entertained. After all, everything was still brand spanking new to the nearly four-week-old puppy.

The rustle of the wind through the trees gave her pause presently and her head tipped this way, then that way, as she tried to identify the source of the sound. Her ears had begun to sit properly atop her shapely head, sharp and pointed and acutely sensitive. They quivered, as did her nose, but Junior simply couldn't figure out what shook the tree branches that way. Deciding the only way to find out was to get closer, she raced to the nearest tree trunk (her daddy's eyes glued to her back to make sure she didn't escape), reared up and wriggled her nose skyward.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Atticus was making it a point lately to become a frequent presence around the Alphas' den site. He had felt an instinctive dedication to Peregrine's children since the moment they'd been born; it was, after all, wolf nature to nourish and safeguard the future generation. But it wasn't until he had suddenly become a father himself, unexpectedly discovering the existence of a teenage daughter he'd never known about, that his love and devotion to his nieces and nephew truly hit home. Now, he never ventured far from the Alphas' den for very long. Sure, he patrolled the borders as was his duty, and tracked and hunted game as was expected of him, but when he wasn't doing those things, he was near Peregrine's den. Not right there, for he knew the Alpha pair enjoyed their privacy as much as anyone else might, but he was always close by, quietly keeping guard as any good uncle should.

He did love to stop by the den and visit the children, though. They were growing so fast; it seemed that every day there was something new. They were always a little bit bigger, or there was always something new they'd learned to do. Now they were toddling around, exploring their surroundings and soaking up every bright, vivid detail of the vast world around them like tiny, adorable sponges. He loved them so much, and he doted on them immensely in his own way.

A pass by the Alphas' den this morning rewarded him with the sight of little Osprey Junior rearing up in the wobbly, hapless way that puppies do, scrutinizing a treetop with apparent fascination. She was so damned cute that Atticus couldn't help grinning like a complete fool; she already had him hopelessly wrapped around her tiny little paw, enslaved to her forever. Casting a nod of greeting and a good-natured wink to his ever-watchful brother nearby, Atticus radiated friendliness in every aspect of his body language as he approached the child. "Whatcha lookin' at, cute thang?" he asked her softly, sitting down near her. He knew she couldn't really understand what he was saying to her, but he said it anyway.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Her small paws sought purchase against the rough bark, rising ever higher as she made a very ill-advised attempt to climb. Her father watched her and rose onto all fours, prepared to step in and push her away from the tree, when Atticus suddenly appeared on the scene. His arrival distracted both father and child, causing the former to look up sharply and the latter to startle and topple backward into the grass with a quiet thump!

Osprey Jr. lay sprawled in the grass, blinking in surprise and squirming uncomfortably due to having the wind knocked out of her. Meanwhile, two dark faces hovered over her. "Atti, you're so wildly attractive that you knock women off their feet and steal their breath away," Peregrine remarked to his brother before nudging Osprey's exposed belly and licking the side of her face. She appeared unharmed, yet he waited until she grunted and flipped onto her side before backing away and giving her space to interact with her uncle.

"Baw," the youngster said as she pushed herself into an upright position. The discomfort had passed and she smiled up at Uncle Atticus. "Skeeeee!" the little girl squealed enthusiastically, rushing forward to lick and nip at Atticus's foreleg and then rearing up against it (lesson not learned) in an attempt to do the same to his chin.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Oh my god I am so sorry for the wait. I totally forgot this thread. @__@ *NEEDS TO START USING HER THREADLOG MORE UGH*

Atticus laughed as Junior toppled over backward, and shoulder-bumped Peregrine following his comment about sweeping women off their feet. Her Wiggliness managed to upright herself and immediately clambered up on her uncle's leg, just as she had with the tree, and exclaimed unintelligible things at him with seeming excitement. Gawd, she was so adorable. Her little neck stretched in her attempt to lick her uncle's chin, and Atticus lowered his head so as to allow her to do just that. He felt the ticklish little flick of her tiny tongue on his fuzzy chin and he couldn't help grinning like a jackass at the funny sensation of it combined with the painful levels of cuteness. "I wish it was always this easy to get kisses from cute chicks!"

After a moment, he licked her back, his big tongue once again pushing her backward onto the grass. Once there, he tickled her by gently nuzzling into her soft, downy black fur.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Haha, no worries. :)

Atticus met her in the middle and her little tongue flicked against his fuzzy, bristly chin. She slathered him with kisses, then squealed in delight when he returned the favor with such force that it pushed her over into the grass. Babyish gales of laughter rolled continuously from her little maw as she rolled onto her back—exposing those darling patches of white beneath the crook of each stumpy leg—and batted her forelegs, patting her small paws against her uncle's handsome black cheekbones.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Pardon the shortness -- posting from my phone. I am not good at this, lol. If Junior gets any cuter I'm going to die, btw

He laughed hysterically at her cuteness and her adorable attempts to buffet him alongside his head with her tiny paws. Peals of laughter poured from her lips and, being as infectious as infants' laughter tended to be, possessed him until the two of them were both guffawing uproariously. He loved this little brat so much! Rolling over onto his back, he allowed her to believe that she had muscled him down and he invited her to clamber onto him. Perhaps one of the best things about being an uncle, after all, was being a living jungle gym!
812 Posts
Ooc —
When Atticus tumbled to the ground like downed prey, Osprey's eyes flew wide. Excitedly, she tried to bounce back onto all fours, though some of her limbs became tangled and she tripped and stumbled. When she finally managed to sort herself out, she fell upon him instinctively, much like she would fall upon fresh kills later in life. And she did so in the same manner she would then: forcefully, teeth bared, biting at every body part she could reach. Fortunately, her teeth weren't large enough to do damage, though they were sharp (poor Hawkeye could attest to that).
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Junior took the bait, attacking him with renewed vigor and sinking her little needle-teeth into whatever flesh she could get to. She was a tiny hurricane, this one, and was quickly becoming his favorite. He barked with laughter (and stifled the occasional curse when something tender got bitten), flailing dramatically and pretending she was kicking his ass. "Yer killin' me! Aghhh yer killin' meee!" he shouted playfully, a huge grin on his face the entire time. He glanced at Perry, who was watching with amusement from near the den, and wondered how his brother dealt with this from four of them, full-time.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Atticus's screams of agony blended almost perfectly with Junior's cries of delight as she proceeded to maim and kill her uncle. All the while, she didn't even notice the pressure in her abdomen, nor the almost itchy sensation in her privates indicating an imminent need to urinate. She only realized she had to go when she actually went—all over herself and her poor Uncle Atticus.

Aware of the accident even as it happened (Peregrine had developed a very good sense for these things in the weeks since becoming a father), the Alpha male swooped in and plucked the soaked pup off his brother. "Thorry, mang," he said around Osprey's scruff, the startled babe dangling in his jaws, still dribbling warm yellow droplets on the ground.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
LOL, SOCUTE. Shall we wrap this up? :)

Atticus was having a blast with his crazy, wild, rampant little niece. She was such a savage little thing! But then, he felt the sensation of warm liquid coursing over his belly and running down his sides and the unmistakeable scent of urine wafted up to his nose. It was kind of gross and he wrinkled his nose a bit, but otherwise couldn't help grinning. "I've been pissed off before, but I've never been pissed on," he said to her, tousling the fuzz on her head as Perry came and pulled her off of him. "Y'got me pretty good there, little beastie," he told her as he pulled himself upright again, resisting the urge to shake out his wet fur (he didn't think it'd be a good idea to send piss flying in all directions, after all). Grinning at Perry and giving the little monster a kiss on the head, he bade his brother farewell -- "I'm gonna go wash up, bro. Call me if you need anything." -- and headed out to find the nearest creek.
812 Posts
Ooc —
[mate]

When Atticus excused himself to go wash the puppy piss off himself, Osprey Jr. whimpered loudly and batted ineffectually at the air, which caused her to swing in Peregrine's jaws. "'Old still, pee face," her father admonished, his eyes trailing bemusedly after Atticus's disappearing backside.

Sighing (for he knew what came next: he'd have to clean the warm pee off his offspring), Peregrine carried Osprey nearer to the den's mouth and lay down there to begin grooming the damp whelp. Osprey resisted and protested at first, though soon the sensation of her father's warm tongue passing over her back calmed her right into a contented catnap. She dreamed of her uncle.