Moonspear never gonna give you up
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Private 
Just @Lyra and @Hydra at first, and then I'll open it up to the rest of the pack.
Alya now grew at a pace too slow to measure. She was as big as she'd ever be, and she was smart and strong. These were things Alya had become aware of during the past several weeks as she ranged further and further from Moonspear. She'd never imagined living somewhere other than Moonspear in her youth, but now that she was older, she found herself wanting to broaden her horizons. Although this mountain would always be her home, and the wolves upon it her family, Alya was feeling a restless desire to get out.

She met with her sisters that morning, her face solemn but her eyes burning with the fiercest love she possessed.

"You guys know I love you, right?" asked Alya. "And you know I'll always come back?"

Her impending departure was a bit of a sore point between the three. They'd always known that she would be gone, sometimes. Her paws were too light to hold in one place - but it was difficult to imagine weeks and weeks apart from each other, and the unfathomable distance between Moonspear and Easthollow.

Much as she wanted to go, she was on the verge of giving up her plans. "What do you think, Hy?" she begged, almost hoping that the girl would forbid her.
i can't help but be my own god
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It had been a point of contention between the three—Lyra opposed, Hydra in-between, and Alya in favor—of their sisters leaving. Hydra could see the benefit, but there was far more to it at work than just that. What Alya did could very well benefit Moonspear... but more important than that was Alya herself being here, and never leaving. Hydra warred at herself, but in the end her self-righteous anger tempered her opinion. If Alya wanted to leave, fine, Hydra would not stop her. 

Hydra knew when the day had come. There she stood, her right-hand, and though Hydra knew she meant every word she spoke she was wounded nonetheless. 

And Hydra knew what Alya wanted to hear then, but Hydra would not give it to her today. She looked to Lyra, and then to Alya. You know exactly what I think, I don't want you to go, but I understand. It did not mean she was happy. In fact, she was furious—there was a part of Hydra that felt betrayed that Alya would follow some boy, even if her intent was to bring him back here eventually. Why did he not come to her? Why did it have to be this way? But Hydra knew the answer to that, too; Alya wanted to increase her own skills. 

Hydra narrowed her eyes. If you are gone too long, I will come and get you myself, she knew that, at least, would be a comfort for her sister. Alya's leaving unbalanced her, but she and Lyra would do well together, too.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Ever since Alya even toyed the mere idea of leaving Moonspear Lyra had been vehemently opposed. As her sister's decision solidified into an actual plan, the triplet found herself overcome with denial. No, surely Alya would come to her senses; it was a silly, inane idea to follow some boy halfway across the Wilds. Sure, boys were interesting and Lyra occasionally fantasised running off with a tall, dark and handsome stranger — the image of Rannoch briefly flickered through her mind — but never would she actually do such a thing.

When they all met, Lyra swore she was going to throw up. Her stomach flipped endlessly and she couldn't help but let her eyes flash with a mix of anger and betrayal. She stood stock still beside Hydra as she stared at her treasonous sister whilst rationality tried to win out. Alya was an adult now and was free to do as she pleased as much as she hated to admit. She was also a natural scout with an innate desire to roam, forbidding her from leaving Moonspear could almost be seen as cruel. There was also the fact that she was going to be with Nikai whom she loved, though Lyra found herself quickly despising the boy simply because he was stealing away their sister.

After Hydra's gentle threat, Lyra's tail lashed furiously. She let the silence hang for a moment or two before she let out an uncharacteristic snarl. "You can't leave, Alya!" she said as loud as her soft voice would allow. She tried to catch her sister's eye, while also hoping Hydra would stop enabling this behaviour. "You don't even know this pack! And-and it's so far away and what if something happens and we need you here?" She looked to Hydra pleadingly. "She can't go."
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya looked helplessly between her sisters, stomach twisting under the pressure of their combined displeasure. She wanted to go out and explore, to spread her wings and have adventures - but Lyra's worried, panicky voice was cutting her down to the bone.

"Okay!" she said, her voice pleading - she'd do anything to erase the hurt from Lyra's eyes. "Okay, you're right. I won't go," Alya assured her sister, moving to lick solicitously at Lyra's chin. She moved toward Hydra, tail pulled tight against her hocks.

"I'm sorry. Just forget it," she mumbled, unable to meet the beta's glacial gaze. "I just... you have your guardian stuff, and Lyra takes care of us, but I..."

She turned her head away. "I'm sorry."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The hurt Lyra expressed was one Hydra, ultimately, echoed (albeit from within). Hydra did hate to see Alya go, with everything within her. She did not want Alya to belong to any but Moonspear (though before Moonspear, Alya belonged to her mirror images as equally as they belonged to her). Lyra was adamant, and Hydra shared her convictions though held her tongue. When Alya appealed to them indirectly, Hydra mulled mutely. 

Hydra would never think that Alya was less than either of them; they were equal in different ways. You are a scout, Hydra responded after a long, drawn out pause. I only wish you did not have to join them, and be gone for so long. But you would be going undercover, in a way. Lyra, it is good practice, Hydra looked toward the softest of them, who was passionate and savage when it came for her love for Alya and Hydra. You would not even really be leaving us—just taking a trip. But you will be back, she pressed. A thought occured to her, wild and exciting. Her eyes flashed as she looked conspirationally. And if we visited, we could go right in—we are Alya, too, who would ever know? They could act as though family had visited. It would be good practice for us, too—maybe they have a medic there that could teach you... and we would never have to really leave, she peered at Alya, wondering what she thought of that, as she added for good measure: or be apart.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The sudden flip of Alya's decision was such a shock, Lyra wasn't sure what to do as her sister apologised and eagerly licked her chin. She stiffened, swallowing the lump in her throat. The anger and hurt that had been building suddenly had nowhere to go and the crash of emotions caused the girl to let out a choked cry. She rushed to nose Alya's own fur, relieved she had decided to stay. If she were human, she would have been gripping Alya tightly in a vice-like hug. When Hydra spoke, she pulled back and shot her level-headed sister a furious look. "She doesn't have to join them!" she interjected quietly, though bit her lip as she continued.

As much as she wanted to be mad and stay mad, she couldn't deny the fact that Hydra brought up some good points. It was true the move wouldn't be permanent (she and Hydra would make sure of that) and that it would ultimately be a perfect chance for Alya to hone her skills. Yet the betrayal ran deep to Lyra and she couldn't bear the thought of them being split up. Eyes watering, the girl turned and buried her head back into her sister's fur, choking on sobs. The idea of going undercover as Alya was an intriguing one and she would admit it was a tempting idea, but the con of not having her here in Moonspear...

She focused back on Alya, sadness threatening to spill over, but she reconciled the fact that this was her choice. They could try and persuade her as much as they wanted but it was ultimately Alya's decision.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Hydra's firm words of wisdom were more reassuring than anything. Something that'd been fluttering around in her chest finally found a perch, and Alya bumped her head against the dark girl's chest in relief and gratitude. Still, there were two blessings she needed to acquire before she could feel comfortable setting off.

Alya moved to tuck her neck against Lyra's in a canine hug, hating to see the girl so sad. "I won't go, if you really can't stand to have me gone," she said softly. "We're the Cerberus first. But I'll always come back when you need me - you know I'll feel it. And you know you'll always be able to find me."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
500 for u!!!

Hydra nosed Alya's nape, and looked to Lyra. We'll visit her when Rannoch is better, she decided. That way, Lyra would be encouraged to dive into her task of healing him and then they could both see Alya. It might be best to do it one at a time, she thought to herself... Ah, how about when the moon is next full, we meet one another a bit outside of where you're going. We'll walk you there, so we know the way, she suggested with a wave of her plume. A mini-adventure for each of them... but they needed to decide on a new rendezvous, if their intent was to sneak around beneath the nose of Easthollow to see one another. 

You know she's right, Hydra looked to Lyra and hummed, we always know when something is wrong with us, Alya was capable; it was Lyra who Hydra could not stand to let alone... and Alya, Alya would be fine, Alya would come back to them.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The conflict within her heart was one she hadn't experienced before, and the struggle was clear on the girl's face. Her lips twisted into a strained smile as Alya reassured her that she wouldn't go if it hurt her so much. Yet Hydra's points rang in her mind, and Lyra softly shook her head. It was her sister's decision and hers alone. Her feelings for Nikai were almost palpable, Lyra didn't want to seem like a monster, forbidding her sister from seeing her prince charming.

Hydra's reasonable side began to dictate her sister's more volatile emotions, and the girl slowly felt more and more at ease with the decision (though deep down still wanting her sister to stay, despite it all). The proposition and set timeframe caused Lyra to nod in agreement. The next full moon, she could deal with that.

"I know," she said somewhat sadly at Hydra's next words. It was true, they instinctively knew when something was wrong with the other — it felt as if they could almost read each other's minds sometimes. They would know in their gut if Alya was ever in trouble, and woe be to whoever sought to harm one of them. Finally, Lyra managed a smile, however tearful. "Just don't be gone too long," she said, her voice barely above a whisper as she looked up to Alya; her big, brave, independent sister.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Although - truly - Alya was more independant than Lyra, she was still far from the brave outrider her uncle Floki had been. And, when she looked between the twin faces before her, so exactly like her own, she knew she was really no different at all from Lyra. The same trepidation was in all their hearts.

"I'll leave as soon as we clean up this mess," she decided, speaking as though it was a great pain to put off her much-anticipated trip. Her sisters knew her better than that, though, and would see shared relief reflecting back at them from Alya's eyes. She nudged her sister, a grin taking over the previously somber expression on her face. "After all - we have to get you and that cousin of ours together," she teased, tugging on Lyra's notched ear. A flood of affection doused all traces of regret.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
FADER FOR DIS

Hydra knew her sister would not leave them this instant; perhaps in the Spring, once Winter had passed. She mutely echoed her sisters sentiment, bumping hips against her and grinning. Let's hunt, she demanded with a grin, bounding forward—she knew this would take away from the melancholy that had shrouded them, briefly. And then Hydra darted away, seeking the trail of something that had some meat on it to get her aggression out on.