Northstar Vale And when the night falls
27 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
*throws myself at the Vale* I AM EXCITED FOR THIS. @Chusi and anyone else!

Huge paws fell upon the ground as he picked up the stench of a pack,his nose twitching with delight as he picked up the scent and followed it. He of course, Had smelled many packs since entering Teekon but hadn't wanted to stop travelling. Now though he had found an area that was beautiful, and there hadn't been a pack anywhere around here until now so he assumed this was the only one nearby.

Regan was a towering beast of a man, with strong toned muscles and thick soft fur of attractive coloring (or so he thought). His eyes were the color of orange flame and stood out from the tan coloring of his face. Once the scent was strong enough to warn him not to move any closer, he sat down and with a prepared sigh and a rogueish smile he lifted his muzzle to the air and howled a song, summoning the alpha to make her presence.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She bit her lip, thoughts of her family haunting her wherever she went. How could this have happened? Rannoch gone, leaving the only one with true leading experience and training to be her. Now she really couldn't go back to say something, not even a goodbye, How worried they'd be if she was not home before winter, but leaving the Vale at such a time... It could cost her her chance. She strongly believed Rannoch would return after some time, but until then... She was the only one for the Vale right now. A near-ripe yearling, probably an orphan by now, disowned and passed down numerous times until she got adopted. And now she had abandoned them. Without a sound. She was more than disappointed in herself, but she had to stay strong. Like Arturo.

When a howl she did not recognize rose from the ashes she tipped her head. She supposed she had to approach now, just as she had done as a wee babe just learning how to fight. She climbed up to the borders, high tail and ears resting comfortable yet erect atop her pointy, pretty face. Stress had caused her neck fluff to grow even fluffier, nearly forcing her to look over it at all times. Luckily she would not grow cold. 'Ello. She greeted with a dip of her head, trying to be as much as her father. Wha' brought ya 'ere, ta mah borders? She questioned. Could it be one of Rannoch's... Takers? He didn't look bad - not her type, but certainly not ugly. His assumed strength could benefit them, but some experienced hunters was what she was hoping for the most. They needed the meat for the coming winter.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
feel free to skip genie :)

Genie had no qualms with Chusi taking the helm. Well, okay, she had a little bit of a problem with it. Rannoch had been beyond kind to her with his gentle words and eternal patience and although Chusi was, dare she say, her best friend and probably a capable leader, there was a part of her that disliked the idea of her taking the reins. After all, Chusi had never really been a member of the Vale, and now she was just barging in and taking the role of Alpha? But, then again, what choice did they have? Genie was sure packs had ursurpers all the time. But Chusi wasn't an ursurper..right?

Besides, Genie wanted Chusi here. She didn't want her friend to go. So, why was she feeling such contradictory emotions?

Her warring thoughts dissolved away into the back of her mind when a stranger's call rang through the air. Quickly, the chocolate yearling made her way towards the borders. There was another scent there, mixed with that of the unknown wolf and her heart skipped a beat. Internally, Genie chastised herself - no, stop it. And though she was quick to push thoughts aside, the heart does not lie and try hard as she did, she could not ignore the incessant thumping within her chest. 

Stupid. Nevermind. Chusi's familiar voice drifted through the air as Genie wandered closer. She leaned close to lick her friend's cheek affectionately if allowed, before turning her attention on the stranger. A male. Not really...her type. Still, he could be useful and that was all that really mattered. Genie tilted her head, countenance impassive as her amber eyes scanned the man quietly.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

27 Posts
Ooc —
It had not taken very long at all for his call to be answered but the ones who answered it surprised him. They were both young, yearlings if he were to guess but he couldn't know for sure.  The dark furred girl spoke first and her words led him to believe she was the one in charge here, but what was a yearling doing leading a pack? Where he was from it was the older more experienced wolves who lead and trained the pack, choosing an heir to their rank and focusing on training that youth until they were grown enough to take the rank. However he was the stranger standing on a border of a strange pack, In a strange land he had spent very little time in so who was he to judge? He lowered his massive head and bowed as low as he coud without actually pressing himself to the ground and gave his response.

"Hello Ma'am. I am Regan and though I haven't been in Teekon for very long I wish to settle. This area appeals to me and I wish to offer my strength to your pack." his deep baritone flowed smoothly from his maw and he lifted his gaze to offer the dark furred young woman a friendy smile. He didn't have anything official to offer, but he could hunt well enough to provide food and fight well enough to protect the pack if and whenever needed. He prayed that would be enough for this girl. His gaze drifted to the brown pelted female who had arrived a few minutes after the first, and he dipped his head to her as well.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi's smile brightened at the footfalls of her friend, accepting her affection with a low hum. While young, the little butterfly had had a history of nothing else but training to one day rule beside or even above her father. That her training would be applied to helping out her friends, she would've never expected. But, until Rannoch was back, she was not planning to abandon them. Whether they liked it or not, she had the most experience and probably the most will to do it. She returned her attention to the bulking mass of a male and listened thoughtfully to his words.

Just yar strength? We need quite sum deviotion 'n skill right now. Ya willing to put tha fami- tha pack first? She questioned, nearly slipping into her father's words as a whole. No, this was not Teaghlaigh, but it felt so much like home that she almost considered them family. Maybe they could be, one day, but for now she would just focus on keeping them alive throughout the bitterness of winter. She turned her head slightly to Genie, wanting either her verbal or physical approval or disapproval of the male.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
It wasn't that Genie didn't want to lead, nor the fact that she didn't have the skill, because truth to be told, she did. Her father wanted her and her brother to rule one day and in addition to medic training, Isak and herself had been subjected to leadership training since a young age. Genie, it turned out, was pretty good at pulling on a confident mask and faking it. But she had never particularly wanted the leadership role — it wasn't really one of her aspirations. Perhaps, it was because she was too occupied with Harley at that time. Or maybe she found it a thankless job.

Either ways, Genie found that as long as Chusi wasn't going anywhere, she was good with her taking over for the moment. "Settle, as in you don't plan on going anywhere yet?" Genie eyed the man impassively and calmly. As far as she was concerned, the man was strong, could hunt and probably fight and was a useful body during the cold winters to come. But she was wary and found herself wanting a bit more than what Regan had initially offered before she was inclined to approving him into the Vale.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

27 Posts
Ooc —
It would seem that Regan had yet to earn their approval, and the fact that the dark furred woman had spoken of skill was worrisome. He hadn't any set trades or official skills yet despite having his eye on mercenary and possibly becoming a good deer hunter. The dark woman looked to the chocolate furred girl seemingly for approval so before speaking he eyed her warily. 

Her question was one that he took to offense. Did she think he would ask to join a pack to simply leave it again? Biting his tongue until he knew he could stop himself from spilling foolish words he sighed softly. "Settle as in I want to find a pack that I can call home. I chose this because the area is beautiful and it reminds me of where I was born. I don't smell any other packs nearby or alot of wolves around, so I also assumed it was a fairly peaceful area." he explained in a cautious but calm tone his eyes focusing on the brown furred woman before moving over to the one he still believed was leading the pack.

"Unfortunately I hold no earned trades but I do have the goal of earning some sort of hunting and fighting trade eventually. As for putting the pack first I was raised to believe that any pack you join, you devote yourself to wholly and treat them as family. Family is important to me and so yes, I would of course put all of your lives before my own." He spoke honestly and humbly though he was concerned that the no trade thing would be a deal breaker. It was almost winter time and that meant he would need to work twice as hard to find a pack if this one wouldn't take him in.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi nodded while he spoke. Not one time had she crossed a bad soul upon these mountains... but she also seemed to luck out in most situations. How many wolves could meet a stranger, offer them food and a place to sleep beside them and then the next day nearly be accepted as one of the pack? A pack she had had no intention of joining until her friendship with Genie blossomed and her... affections for Mouse had grown. Though she had come here with the lone purpose of telling Mattias about his sister's well-being, it seemed the visit had become a lot more... permanent.

I come frum a pack tha' treated eachotha like family too. She admitted with a smile. It was as if he had come straight from Teaghlaigh. She blinked at Genie. Though she could easily trust others, she knew her friend to be more skeptical. Or, at least, she had gotten that image of her. She also knew that her naivety could sometimes be troublesome, though she had gotten better. It seems ya got tha right image ofa pack...

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
27 Posts
Ooc —
A spark of hope was reignited as she said that she came from a pack like his, and he returned the smile glad to find someone who seemed to be of similar mind. The dark furred woman said he seemed to have the right image, but turned to her quiet packmate for approval. He turned his gaze to the brown furred girl and pleaded in his mind, the hope sneaking it's way into his eyes. The girl looked back at him but remained silent instead turning her gaze back to Chusi, leaving it to her instead though her gaze held silent approval despite her initial wariness. Regan held his breath and looked back to the leader, how his future would go was up to her now.

sorry for the crappy post. I had permission to PP Genie's silence and was told Silence was her form of approval, so i tried to play that in!
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Genie's silence was something she would forever be able to read. Best friends (She found Genie her best friend, though officially they had not yet hammered out this detail) just clicked like that. Chusi smiled as she turned back to Regan, eyes glimmering with approval then and there. If she were mistaken, she would not blame Genie but herself, that was for certain.

Alright then, Regan. She grinned, turning half-way so the Vale was at her one side and he on the other. I'm Chusi Fearghal - W'lcome ta Northstar Vale.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
27 Posts
Ooc —
Short reply and then Archive! <3 thank you for the acceptance!

He knew when the leader turned to him with a smile that he was in, and a relieved grin stretched across his maw before she even spoke to confirm the fact. He dipped his head and played the name of the pack over in his mind, liking the name. "Thank you Chusi, I will do everything in my ability to keep the pack in good health" he said and stepped forward over the borders and into the land. If Chusi was to lead him into the territory he would follow, but he continued walking forward in the case that he was free to explore on his own.