Blackfeather Woods I just... don't want them to change me
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
How long had it been since she last saw Damien? A few weeks? Months? Every minute passing without him felt like an hour. The longer he stayed away, the more hope she lost for his eventual recovery. She knew not what to do but try to be the best leader she could be, as she knew how he had wanted her to be. Members were dropping, her body not ready for offspring... Would their woods survive?

She paced around the dark forest, eyes glimmering like stardust in the dead of night. Why could he not just return? Why could she not force him to regain his mental stability? She had the power in the pack, but apparently no power over her own will nor future. She felt... stuck.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
The air was growing colder. He knows what it meant — winter — but that didn't mean it was frightening in a way. He had been born in winter, during the solstice when the day was its shortest, but it wasn't familiar to him. He marvelled at each little change he saw in the world around him. The world was dying. And it was beautiful.

So enraptured was he in the ebbing and swelling of the world's magicks that he all but ignored the political drama occurring. His family, despite his differences and disagreements with him, was his family. He had to protect them, sure, but he did not know how. He did not have the magic to save either of his uncle's minds, or cleanse his mother's womb, or bring wolves to their doorstep. He didn't even have the mundane abilities to do that either.

He isn't the only one caught up in the troubles of the pack, it seemed. He can see the movement of something dark up ahead, and as he grows close, he recognizes the scent of the Dark Master. Astrid, He rumbles, dipping his head to her.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Soon though, Potema's children, and Neo, would join the adult ranks. Nyx favored none of them, not even her own ward, but it was an interesting thought as to who would become her suitor if Damien was beyond repair. Seeing she was not related to the Melonii family tree, her choosing one of Potema's was not out of the question. But half of them were girls, and Vaati seemed to have a deep hatred for her. That left...

Ganondorf. She greeted in return, rather surprised. Sure, the use of her first name was rather unsettling, but never had she truly specified what she liked best. She was no unreasonable creature, nor would she demand them all to call her by the name Damien had given her. Nyx is acceptable too, if you please. She hinted, coldness forever present in her accented voice - though noticeably not as much as when she was young. What brings you out at this hour? She had thought she was the only star-wanderer of the woods, given it was her duty to look at night and rest at day.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Had she been any other person, he would have used her birthname out of spite. But he is no fool. She, while barely older than he, was the Dark Master. He knew he was usless outside of Blackfeather Woods, at least for the moment. Mother had ended his priest training and cut down his herbal training as well. He knew far less than he should had he simply followed the course. He did not know what he was, what he wanted to be, and there were too many thing linking him to Blackfeather for him to just...disappear. 

The den is getting stifling, He shrugged. While once all five of them could rest easily in their den, he and Vaati had grown far beyond their mother and siblings. I should find another den soon, He doesn't know when he would get around to it. He's too fond of sleeping next to Vaati to even think about it. Instead, he turns the question back to her. Are you mulling something over?

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
I can imagine. She answered understandingly, knowing that even though the girls had not grown too tall (especially not scrawny Koume), she knew the two boys were to outgrow even her. It was also that reason that made her think of Ganondorf as a possible suitor; whoever had impregnated Potema had been quite the hunk, and Potema herself was not of bad blood either. Besides, wasn't the whole reason she wasn't pure of blood because she was no Melonii? Well, then at least her children would be. I could always provide you with a helping paw, if you desire that. She proposed, though knew from her own youth that accepting help was not the easiest thing to do.

She sighed, seemingly drooping for a second or two, before the light seemed to return to her mismatched gaze. Just worrying over the future of the woods... Soon, I will be ready to fill the ranks with my own kin, yet with the man I desired to sire them out of the picture... She explained slowly, now fixating her gaze upon the young Melonii. I will have to find a new suitor, pure of blood.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She offered to help him out, which he appreciated. It was strange to see someone outside his blood family doing something like this for him, even if they were in the same pack. He nodded in response, a small smile on his face. Thank you, Nyx, He considered calling her Dark Master (Mistress? No one had made it really clear if it was a gender neutral term or not), but decided that that was too formal. 

They stood in silence for a moment. Ganon took the time to consider where he could make his den, his internal map stretching out before him, but the image fizzled as Nyx spoke again. She spoke of breeding and birthing the next generation. Was that all women were concerned about? He didn't blame them, really. It was what their bodies were made for. But the conversation wasn't just her lamenting her lack of a mate...oh no. She looked at him, right at him. Any other man would have been flattered, but his face twisted in disgust. I don't like women, He said it firmly, And why not use my brother? He's more obsessed with the idea of purity than I am, He knew that Vaati hated Nyx and coveted her position desperately, but he figured that joining the two bloodlines here was a better compromise for the both of them.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She had not yet considered the boy's sexuality, but found that anything could be put aside for a while for the pack. She was not proposing the idea out of a desire to have him at her side, no - Damien was her prince and would forever stay it, trapped in his own mind or not. Her brows rose, wrinkling the constellations, at his rather disgusted expression. Though she found it hard to believe she was not at least somewhat physically acceptable, it hurt her a bit. His excuse did not numb that either.

Vaati does not particularly like me. She sighed. I would rather not have someone that hated me sire my children. They would need a father figure, at least. She thought out loud, eyes wandering a bit. Or do you have a good idea as to how I can make him accept me? She asked out of genuine curiosity.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganondorf chuckled, Vaati doesn't like anyone, He shrugged. He was used to the fact, and so was everyone else he supposed. Even Mother had a problem with speaking to him, he noticed. You aren't special, being on his list of people he doesn't like, So far as he could tell, Ganon was on too many of Vaati's lists at once.

She asked for his advice. It was strange being asked about his brother like this, like he was expected to know what he liked. He did, to a point. Getting Vaati to like someone was beyond his means, or so he thought. Astrid — Nyx — the Dark Master(Mistress)? It seemed like an easy answer to him. Promote him, He says. All he's ever wanted was to be Dark Master. Take him as your mate, make him co-Dark Master — he'll be all yours, The last four words tasted sour on his mouth, however. The thought of someone else claiming Vaati was not something he could sit well with. But Astrid merely wanted children out of him. Ganon wanted more than that. So he supposed that he could allow him this.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It wasn't unbelievable that Vaati liked, perhaps, only himself. He was a rather egotistical child, but she had been that as well. It wasn't like he couldn't grow out of it, like she had... Mostly. I did not think I was. She replied coolly, not offended. She rather believed she wasn't special at all, and that made her more so. Then again, maybe she liked to think that way. She truly hadn't figured out her view on everything yet.

Promote him? She repeated with a puzzled look, her voice cold yet considering. How could she ever? The spot is not mine to give away - I am merely holding order for Damien. How could I ever explain such a betraying act, if he returns? She talked in a hushed voice, eyes already fluttering to the ground as she though, making them verbal so Ganondorf could understand. I told your mother this was just until he recovered. Then again, Vaati is her son... Claiming him like that will make my rule a whole lot more permanent.

Her brows knitted into a frown as her mismatched eyes sought the younger male's face, expecting his opinion on the matter.

218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He stares at her for all the while, his expression equal parts confused and amused by her insistence that his uncle would come back. He snorts, a smirk appearing on his face. What makes you think he will come back? He had seen Damien's madness, albeit briefly. It was enough to tell him that Damien was thoroughly lost. Mental illness was not something you could simply bounce back from in an instance. And with him wandering, lost in the dark, twisting tunnels? Ganon was not hopeful for the return of his uncle's sanity. And if he does, I'm sure he would be fine with his nephew holding the position.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her gaze lowers, eyelids nearly closing as she thinks of what exactly was keeping her to the thoughts of her lover returning. It was not promise nor was it ignorance. Her eyes returned to his face then, nearly lighting up. Hope. She answered, not afraid to tell that she had it. The world was cruel and unforgiving, but the one thing that would never leave her again was hope. I just wish I could discuss this matter with him...
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He snorts. Hope. He wasn't fond of the word or the idea behind it. It doesn't do much, but there wasn't much any of them could do. Spells of the mind were taboo, Mother taught him, even if it was trying to fix something. It was up in the air now. You can try, He shrugs. They both know what she'll get in response. I'm sure I'll hear how it goes, He says, referring to her impending conversation with his brother, but he supposes that he would hear his uncle's ravings echoing in the cave in response to her words.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Yes, she knew how pointless it seemed to try and talk to Damien. She knew hope was not an antidote for every wrong thing in the world, but it was a start for the lonely night wanderer. Her younger years were devoid of hope, but ever since Damien's return to their woods she had been feeling better. Of course, now with his body present but not his mind, she felt truly lonely once again. Perhaps that was her reason for even suggesting her pairing with one of Potema's children.

I will make sure you know - he is your brother after all. Potema should hear of this too, if I succeed in trading what we both desire. She said with a nod, quietly dismissing him with a rather gentle stare. Ganondorf was not a bad kid, she simply didn't understand him that well.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She promised that he would hear about it. He didn't doubt it, knowing Vaati. He would make sure that everyone knew of his new position. The conversation fizzled after that. She gave him a gentle stare, quietly dismissing him. He took the hint, nodding to her before making his way around her, loping off into the distance.