Totoka River I can't pull you closer than this
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Joining 
Well sort of joining, I guess! Open to an Undersea person and if any of the TGL crew wanna show! @Stockholm She's at the mouth of the river, on the shore where the sea touches. 

Hemlock was moving slower and slower every hour that passed. Everything felt so heavy - her stomach bulged and shifted from time to time but she didn't consider it labor yet. No doubt it would be soon but she wanted to know that they were somewhere safe because when it did begin they would be stuck with their little band for the next few weeks. Hemlock had mostly kept to herself, eyes fixed on the ground and only occasionally checking to do a headcount that they were all still there. Arturo seemed just as for aloof but she also didn't exactly seek his company. He'd lashed out a few times, unexpected at their packmates, and it had taken everything in her not to allow her emotions to turn into physical aggression. 

A strange shift of the water from across the sea caught her attention and it smelled of wolves. Faintly there was a familiar scent but she couldn't make it out well enough - her memory shot thanks to her pregnancy and her emotional state lately. Every step that they had taken had put them further from Lotte and closer to Palisander and her heart was torn asunder no matter what they did. Without thinking she'd lifted her head, giving a clear loud howl - she wondered if anyone across the sea would hear her call or respond. 

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat kept close to Hemlock as Tapat kept being reminded that Arturo was different en not very nice to him. The pale teenager noticed that Hemlock had some difficulties but before he could do something about it he sort of forgot. He did however stay close to her in support.

His eyes widened as he saw the immense body of water. It scented different. Strange. He looked confused. Hemlock seemed to smell something else and howled. What? Others? But where? "Hem, where are the others? Why is this water so big? Where are we going? Are we going to Lagan!?" He sounded so excited but he keept forgetting.
112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
The guardian had been checking food caches, checking and counting, touching up scent markers along the way when he heard the unfamiliar call carried on the wind. It stopped him in his tracks, short cropped ears cupped forward and head cocked to the side. No, he didn’t recognize the voice, and it seemed more distant than it should be. Questioning in tone, not summoning like he would expect if it was one of the seawolves.

After a brief moment he throws his head back and his deep baritone echos through the trees to the shoreline in an answering howl before he quickly covers the cache he had been examining back up and making for the shoreline at a rapid trot.

He slips from the brush and down the incline to the shore where the rocky earth turns to sand and steps to the waters edge, the tide lapping at his paws as he gazes across towards the mainland. And indeed, there was someone there. Two someones, at least. Could be more, just out of sight. The guardian lingers for a moment, before he moves down the shoreline so he can be directly across from the strangers.

“Do you need assistance?” he calls from his side of the shore. He can think of quite a few reasons the vibrant coated wolf on the mainland would have called, but best not to jump to any conclusions.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

It doesn't take her long before she has company, turning to see Tapat nearby. She smiled gently - though it did not touch her eyes -  and nudged his shoulder with her snout, giving a soft hum at the consideration. He was so quick to get excited, even with all that had happened to them recently. "There are wolves there," She pointed out, snout aimed towards the island. It was a curious thing considering how limited their items must have been - did they have resources or did they have to cross the waters constantly? "And I believe one of them is familiar." Though she didn't know for certain. 

Before she could explain too much there was an answer to their call and Hemlock perked a bit. She was uncertain of how obvious it was given her small stature that she was near whelping but the time for being choosey had long since passed. "We do -" She responded quickly, glancing around. "The remainder of my pack is here and looking for a haven." Straight to the point but there was a question there all the same. "Are you all established there?" And how curious was, that they had an entire island there. Somehow they must have made the shores work for them though Hemlock could not understand how. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat was comforted by the nudge on his shoulder. Of all the many questions he asked Hemlock only answered one really. She probably knew that Tapat would forget the questions he asked. He sniffed the salty waters and sneezed at the invading strength of the scent.

Others? After Hemlock explained someone appeared. Tapat noticed the male was big, even in the distance. He hesitantly looked at Hemlock whom seemed to reply. Tapat carried his head low seeing the other big male. He wished Astik was here. Though he couldn't remember when he last seen him. "Where is my brother? And my mama and papa?," he asked suddenly. As if he was realizing now after traveling all these miles that they weren't here.
112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
Looking for haven. Not just the vibrant female and the white furred male who appeared younger, but the remainders of a pack. How many, he wonders. He turns the words over slowly, thoughtfully. He should call for Seelie and Faeryn, at the very least, but on the other hand low tide is approaching, and the passage from the mainland to the island will be easier now. Momentarily, the wolf instinct and the dog instinct in him clash – the wolf wanting to welcome them in, the dog wanting to defend the border from any comers.

Are you all established there? “We are.” He swishes his tail, glancing over his shoulder to see if anyone else had heard the call and responded, but for the moment it was only him and the strangers, and the decision was his. He looks back to the newcomers then inclines his head and points his muzzle up the shore a ways. “There is a land bridge, the water is shallower, the crossing is easier. You may seek sanctuary here.”

It is perhaps a character fault, to be so self-assured that he assumes that he can handle whatever happens next if it is a trap or an attempt at a takeover. The Gampr pivots and walks down the shoreline the short distance to where the land bridge connects the island to the land, still covered with water, but much shallower and manageable, and he strikes out across it to meet them halfway where the water comes up to his chest.