Dragoncrest Cliffs i make boys cry
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
Private 
excited as she is to begin training with her nomi, blixen could barely sleep - well, no, she'd slept like a rock once she'd actually fallen asleep, but still! there was something hard and mean inside of her that'd tightened up at the pack meeting, but today it felt looser. she was nervous, too - hadn't she wasted her precious puphood on frivolous things instead of getting stronger? what if she actually sucked at this and her dreams of being their guardian spirit would be dashed? 

still, nomi'd already said she was strong, and blix believes her more than anyone. and if she isn't enough now, she will work and work until she is, and that';; be okay. though still young she's mature enough to understand that important things can take time, and nomi will help her. the excited puppy - youth - makes her way back to her mother's cavern in time with the rising sun, her burnt orange coat nearly soft-pink in the gentle morning light, and barks a greeting.

today she becomes a student.

@Thuringwethil <3
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil has not had a restful night of sleep in a long time, before she'd been sick, and even through the fitful rest of her children, she struggles for more than a few hours at a time. When Blixen barks for attention, she takes a moment to recall why she is so urgent. She blinks back the sleep and turns to her daughter, then she notes both boys are still sleeping but they'd move several feet away in the night. She doesn't think much of it other than it had gotten too warm but her concern surpasses them.

Today is Blixen's day.

She stretches her limbs and stands, her form still gauntly and thin but better. The training with her daughter will give her a boost and she moves, lowering her head to give her a nudge out of the cavern and away from the wolves in Hougeda still sleeping.

"Do you remember the things Eske had been teaching you?" she asks, stepping into the bright morning sunlight and has to squint her eyes. She'd sparred with the girl in their first session but she hadn't been present for the rest. She turns her head a little, searching for a spot away from the cavern and secluded enough that they will not be bothered.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
her stomach rolls when nomi appears, both reassured by her presence and heightened in her nervous energy. "hei," blix says, nudging her nose against nomi's cheek in greeting. there is a grin struggling to break on her face that she's fighting, trying to be a serious pupil.

it's not working too well yet. "i do," she tells her mother, though her ear flicks guility - her stomach'd been upset and she'd not actually done much sparring after all. but she remembers what eske said and now she knows not to let any lessons go to waste. it's a lot of responsibility for a young thing to take onto her back but she's ready to do it, and her tail wags behind her as she follows her nomi to their new training spot.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Blixen is eager to follow. Teaching her child feels different than teaching the others. Freyja had once been her student, learning the ways of Drageda to one day hold a highly esteemed ranked. She’d gotten distracted by the world outside of their claim and ever since, she’d never found where she’d failed in raising the girl. Perhaps Gyda’s influence had been too much to grant her a title such as fleimkepa that, later, was held by Eske albeit temporarily. The warrior child has grown, putting her blood and heart and soul into Drageda and she can see it in Blixen’s eyes. They’ve always been made of warriors, first and foremost, and the hungry rests behind the girl that looks so much like her mother.

“There is a lot more to your training than just fighting and sparring. Training involves your mind just as much as it does your body,” she tells the girl as they continue to move, well past the clearing near the lake and into the trees. Further south the ground slopes where it will eventually meet the sound and trees frequently interrupt and semblance of a clearing. “When you are fighting another wolf, you have to be able to handle your surroundings. Your home will always give you the advantage but you will not always likely fight here. This morning, you will first try to catch me.” Her voice ends with a quirk and she arches her brow once, glancing off in one direction but she darts the opposite and disappears through the network of trees.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she is expecting something like eske had them do - in fact, a large part of her nervousness had been at the thought of sparring with her nomi, of being able to measure up to her in any significant way - but it seems nomi has something else up her sleeve. she listens intently - mind stuff, okay.. well, lately she doesn't like to be alone with her thoughts so much. it's easier to distract herself with physical activity, but she isn't about to argue with her teacher even if that meant doing some meditation thing or -

oh, nope, not that. of course the unsuspecting child follows her nomi's first glance, then yelps when she takes off in the opposite direction - not the mind stuff she was thinking but vastly better. she wishes she'd been paying closer attention to their surroundings instead of thinking so hard about what kind of thinking she'd have to be doing. still. she's got this.

the girl spins and takes off after nomi in the direction she's vanished- her surprise has lost her precious seconds but she has the scent and nicely long limbs, and she hurtles through the trees like a bright red wrecking ball on her nomi's heels.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Children of Drageda start their training young. Even when they do not realize, Thuringwethil gives them challenges that test to limits of their mental and physical capacities. Artaax had slain a baby fox not that long ago and they trailed the mother until she met her end. She tussled with Robin every so often when his attention was focused. Blixen receives as much as they do, defining her skills that will ultimately set herself apart from her brothers. Her pursuit gives the restless part of her mind something to do.

Thuringwethil moves in and out of trees, glancing over her shoulder or turning just enough to see behind her, as she works to lose her daughter. She can feel the burn of weakness in her chest but she pushes through until she comes across the fallen redwood the hurricane had taken down. Heda swerves in one direction but easily shifts, trying to shake the trail Blixen has on her.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

there is a thrill in pursuit - she is not like her brother, for whom stalking seems to be as natural as breathing, but she thinks she gets why he's so into it now. nomi is fast but blix is youthful vigor alive and blessed with a speed-designed frame, marred only by teenaged ganglyness. she is beginning to catch up as they weave between the trees when blix sees her - just for a split second, at the redwood - and she barks triumphantly, nearly trying to leap atop the giant fallen tree in her excitement, sort-of bouncing off it instead and ricocheting after her nomi's trail once more - ever closer, so close to closing the gap --
i'll leave it up to you if she catches her this round or not :3c

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Every so often, Thuringwethil will glance back, but her intention is to lose the girl. She can find her later if she does but for the most part, Blixen stays close. When she loses her, it is only seconds before she’s caught up again and she is surprised by the child’s stamina. Children have much more than she’s realized and her own weakened state is unable to keep up so that when the red child is close enough, she swerves off to one side in one final attempt to lose her.

When she fells the strain in her chest from pushing too far, she curves back around as her daughter is close again and, this time, with all her force, attempts to barrel into her.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she is pleased with herself and triumph easily turns to cockiness. blix grins widely, ready to win the game but of course she should have known better. this isn't a game, it's real training with nomi, and the darker woman's form barrels into her easily, as off-guard as she is. the ginger child yelps as she rolls across the dirt, unharmed but surprised as she scrambles back to her feet and shakes herself out, falling into a defensive position and trying to figure out what nomi's next move will be.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It doesn’t take much to take the girl down, sending her tumbling. Thuringwethil doesn’t rush forward, instead watching to see how long it takes her to right herself and get ready once more. It is not quick enough, given the amount of time she where she’s able to lunge at her. She keeps planted, rooted in the ground but her front end remains defensive. She chuffs, and slaps her foot against the ground invitingly and she braces herself for what the petite child has to offer.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

nomi seems to be waiting for her to start so she wastes no time - she darts to the left, not trying to hit her head-on but aiming instead for her flank. the girl gives it her all, springing forward and attempting to get her teeth somewhere on nomi's left side, growling all the while.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
With seemingly no rhyme or reason for her motives—she teaches through action than words—she treats the girl as anyone that attacks her. She growls, threatening her lunge but the fiery child flings herself at her side. Through trial and error will true teachings stay in mind and she hopes she’ll find all the practical and logical gaps between moves. Thuringwethil reacts quickly, but not quickly enough. Where she may have one been able to evade, she feels the sharp pang of battle virgin teeth. Whether or not the girl breaks skin is left for later as she reacts, throwing her head back and latching on to any part of her student she can and fling her back once more.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
honestly blixen hadn't expected to get a blow landed on her nomi, and she's surprised enough by her own teeth's contact with nomi's side that it's easy for the dark furred teacher to catch her by the side and toss her away. she bites back a yelp as she tumbles over her gangly legs, but she's a bouncy child and she springs back up undeterred, echoing nomi's growl. the ginger doesn't really have a strategy yet and so flings herself back towards nomi, toward her left flank again, this time trying to be mindful of staying out of her mentor's teeth's reech.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Blixen is flung back a few feet and Thuringwethil can orient herself to prepare. It doesn’t take much to get the girl back on her feet and back in her direction but she’s quick this fine and avoids the clash of teeth and claw. Instead, she charges when she’s close enough and attempts to pin the small girl to the ground with everything she is. She never expected Blixen to know much more than a child her age but that doesn’t mean she can’t speed her way through training and impress all of them, more than she already has.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

whatever momentary advance she had on her nomi - youth, health, whatever - is quickly overrun by her inexperience. she goes down under nomi's charge with a sharp exhalation of breath, her small frame easily pinned by the larger woman's - but she does not give up so easily, a writhing, squirming ball of adolescent muscle and fur, attempting to kick and bite whatever she can reach to try and break free.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Even if they’ve just gotten started to their physical altercation, Blixen shows no sign of giving up anytime soon. There’s a fighter born in her and she can tell she’ll go far. She is proud of Robin and Artaax but they both pursue something Wildfire is good at and she can train them and teach them but they do not have the same fire as their sister. Blixen’s attempts at struggle beneath her and she feels the claws punching into her chest and teeth against her legs but she does not move. In an attempt to keep the girl in place, she drops the heap of weight and puts her mouth on the first available limb she can reach.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

nomi is relentless - not that blix expected anything else - and once she drops her weight the struggle becomes futile. she feels nomi's teeth close around her extended forearm and yelps despite herself, going still against the ground. her shifting-amber eyes are bright still, fired up - but there's no denying that this round - or this moment, at least - goes to nomi. 

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Feel free to wrap up?

Even with the new resistance of her weight, Blixen isn’t giving up. Good. The help of her daughter doesn’t deter her either—mostly because she knows she didn’t hurt her—but she does slow down and tries to keep the girl still. When she finally gets what she wants, Thuringwethil shifts and peels herself back and off the girl. ”Good job,” she says gruffly, shaking out her first. ”We will go again. This time, you run,” she adds, giving the girl the advantage. If she chooses to go, she gives her a few seconds head start but does not offer anymore leeway.
Trigedasleng · Common
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she's breathing hard but her spirits and energy are high - made higher by nomi's voiced approval - and she scrambles to her feet ready for round two with a "sha, nomi." with that: the red-furred warrior-to-be takes off at top speed, ready to go through the process again and again.

as many times as it takes.