Dragoncrest Cliffs who said this was a game
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
All Welcome 
A chill wind was blowing in off the waves, whipping through the sleek layers of her summer coat as she padded through the gentle surf in the little bay near the caverns. Though she always anticipated the coming of winter it, somehow, always descended upon them in the blink of an eye. Soon, the sun-warmed sands would be frightfully cold to the touch, and the spray from the wake an unwelcome intrusion rather than inviting and lovely as it was during these last few days of summer. 

However, despite the relative serenity of the beach, her mind was, as it often was, burdened with heavy thoughts. Wildfire was still missing; her pups growing rapidly, even in the absence of their mother, and Eske's search party was also troublingly absent. They were capable, of course, but it did little to settle her unease. Their silence was becoming deafening, leaving her to only speculate.

Worry tugged at her features and she stopped to look out towards the sea wondering... waiting.
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He came to the seaside for an interlude in his near-constant rounds, hoping to have the scenery force a relative calm onto him in light of all the stormy, tense thoughts that accompanied him. It had worked well before—something about the hefty churn of the waves, the brine in the air, and the innate feeling it alone could stir to ward off the restlessness. He was tempered more than usual right next to such power and might, and accordingly as he neared, his pace slowed down to a heavy jog to carry him along.

Soon, he caught sight of her pale coat, and saw he was not the first to find his way here today—Tirgatao. The Wocha moved in closer with a low rumbling chuff to test the waters of company. She looked preoccupied with the sea, but considering his own purpose in stopping by here, he was understanding of that even if it chanced an interruption on his behalf. He breathed deep, then followed with a long exhale and glance her way, although the sea pulled greedily at his gaze. "Clears the head a bit, I guess," he supposed once he was within easy earshot of the Shouna, although he wasn't convinced it was everything they'd need between them both. Answers, surely, would satisfy in the way nothing here quite could.
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
The uncertainty that hangs in the air, and in the hearts of the clan, has all but exhausted Tirgatao of her emotional reserves. But still she stands, steady as the stones, to endure whatever quiet resolve the pack can glean from her tireless vigil. It is her duty, as Shouna, to be there for them when no other can. To bring them comfort, and solace, in their grief. As if Thuringwethil's illness hadn't struck so deep a blow against the wolves she commanded, the fates deigned to steal Wildfire from them. She was as a ghost in the fog, and left no trace of ever existing at all.

Tirgatao couldn't help but wonder: when would Drageda find a reprieve? 

The wind coming off the sea prevented her from picking up Dio's scent, nor sound of his paws against the sand, so she was somewhat startled when he speaks up and puts words to the very thing she was attempting to conclude in her mind. She turned her head towards him, looking slightly surprised for a moment, before her expression returned to it's characteristically (if not slightly tired) genteel set. "Wocha." She greeted warmly, only to nod and hum a note to herself—"if only it could do more." Tirgatao surmised with an uneasy twist of her ear. 

Often, she was more apt to allow others to direct the flow of conversation, but she couldn't help but make an attempt to reach out, "How are you holding up?"
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Once the initial surprise of unexpected company passes, he tries to ease into this fully and just as soon as he did, she spoke true—if only there could be more gained so very simply. He wanted it too, and for the answers to come easily then for all to move on no worse for the wear, with all right in the world here at the cliffsides. However idealistic that could be, he knew how slim the chances of that were, even if everything fell into place. "Yeah, really," he sighed, and switched his tail-tip with a familiar, pent up restlessness. "Guess that would be just too easy, though," the pale guardian shook his head to dismiss the faraway notion.

As for himself, he answered first with a low grunt. He was... here. He was tired, he was anxious, and he was disappointed about certain matters that thinking on hurt his head over, but his home was safe, his belly full, and he could always curl up beside his wife at the end of his day—so this was far from disaster even with winter creeping closer. Missing packmates and their absences aside, it was keeping along well here on the cliffs themselves. Wildfire's litter may be missing their mother through some vital milestones in their lives, but they were growing up strong and able. Thuringwethil's illness was behind them finally, and maybe, the timing of the arrival of the Fos Goufa wasn't as ominous as he wanted to make it out to be.

Time, ever ticking, would have to tell if the good or the bad would outweigh the other. "Good enough. But we have to," he nodded. It was a long story he wasn't mustering the energy to compose right this instant. "Patrols feel endless these days. Wish we'd hear some news, good or bad at this point even. But it's just.. almost ominously peaceful here sometimes," Dio squinted, then looked long at her. "How about you?" Paths hadn't crossed much for good reason. He even felt like he saw little of his family some days, which with his lurking suspicions about Sirio, he worried about that. Speaking of which, somewhat, the next train of thought seemed to be Blixen, Robin, and Artaax again: "How do you think the kids are handling it all?" 
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Though she'd had limited interactions with their stalwart guardian, Tirgatao couldn't help but appreciate just how approachable he was. Her initial suspicions about his outsider status almost a year back now was long confirmed to be nothing but her own paranoia—Dio had earned his place, and belonged here among them more than Tirgatao ever had by birthright alone. But she couldn't mistake the weariness in his sturdy frame; how his eyes seemed heavy with the weight of the world. Between Wildfire's disppearance, the children, Heda's expectations, and his own family, Tirgatao couldn't fathom how he juggled it all. 

"Mm." She hummed in response to his explaination. It boiled down the facts into the simple truth: they continued forward because there was no other option. They were the backbone of the pack, with or without Wildfire. Tirgatao understood him, perhaps more than either of them were aware. Maybe later she would reflect on the conversation and discover the similarities in their steadfast commitment to each new day. His question, parrotted, was predictable. But when he remarked on the children, she was caught out. 

"Admittedly, I wish I knew." Tirgatao remarked softly while her ear twisted backwards as she reflected on recent events. "The children are... well, they're like their mothers. They aren't forthcoming, and I haven't felt right in pushing the issue. I figured they would come to me when ready, but at this point I'm ready to pursue them to be certain they aren't blaming themselves for all this." Was it like Wildfire to just... leave? Tirgatao, as much as she wanted to believe, had her doubts. She knew how easily destructive thoughts could take root.

The pale woman sighed and offered Dio a tired smile, "I'm fine, though. Curious about this Fos Goufa—they picked an interesting time to show up, and I am not certain how I feel about it. There's a queer finality to it. "