Neverwinter Forest then find a connection.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Twilight had just begun to loom when Liffey found herself stepping lightly beneath the heavy limbs of the evergreens. She had never before paid a visit to Neverwinter as a pack had lived there for as long as she'd been on the earth. At least, that had been true at one time. The young scout poked her nose here and there, searching for a trace of wolf, but there was none to be found. Whatever pack had been here before, it had been a long time now since their paws had stained this territory.

She felt solemn as she walked between the pines. She had never met the parents that Rannoch, Cypress and Rian had lost, and yet she felt the weight of that sorrow upon her as she moved. Since leaving the Caldera, Liffey had felt the distance between herself and her parents as a loss. She had mourned them as though they were gone from her forever. Being in Neverwinter now, though, she felt overwhelmed by the realization of the actual loss her friends had experienced.

The Blackthorn paused at a stream to take a drink. The water was startlingly cold, drawing her out of her melancholy and causing her to focus. She hadn't come here to feel wistful and sympathetic towards the Frostfur brothers. She had come to find Rannoch. Turning, she narrowed her eyes and pointed her ears forwards, determined to find some trace of him - if there was one to be found here.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge had been searching the Great Bear Wilderness, looking for any signs of life. She knew that the wolf population in this area hadn't been scarce, but she was having the worst luck finding them. Charon sent her out quite some time ago and she still had nothing to show for it. Refusing to return untill she had completed her mission she had stayed in the region, searching every inch of land it seemed, but always a step behind everyone.

She needed to find out information about the neiboring packs and maybe find Charon's uncle or realatives. When she entered the Neverwinter Forest the scent of deer was in the air. Not near by, but if one was looking to hunt they wouldn't have a tough time. But that wasn't her focus, she was looking for wolves and luckily it seemed as though she would find one today.

The sound of water peaked her interest. Knowing that water was a source of life for almost all thing, she thought to check it out and see if it would have drawn anyone out of the thick pine forest. A lightly colored gray female came into view who was somewhat small in stature. With her pack in their territory Rouge felt she could be more herself to this stranger and wait to see what come of it. She walked out of the tree line boldly saying, "Finally a fresh face around here. I was beginning to think everyone just up and left."

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The sound of Rouge's movements brought Liffey's attention to her a minute or so before she came into view. She drew herself into a defensize but not threatening posture as she turned to face the other female, relaxing quickly when she saw friendliness written upon her face. Truth be told, she was just as relieved to find some company in this dark, gloomy place. The weight of her longing for Rannoch was only magnified here, surrounded by the evergreen scent he still carried so strongly.

"You might not write that possibility off yet," Liffey responded, offering a smile, "I'm just passing through. I've seen no sign of a pack here either, though I know one lived here once not long ago."
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

[size=11.6667px%%%%%%%%%]Rouge went up to the the stream and took a refreshing few gulps of water before listening to the responce of the female. She went on to say that she may not stay here long and that there were no signs of a pack in this forest anymore, but had been prior. This other female seemed to think that Rouge had known about the pack that used to reside here. Rouge though to take this into her advantage and see what else this female knew about the area. 

"That's a bummer." she began, referencing the disbandment or migration of the previous pack. "Do you know of any other packs in the area?"[/size]

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey always enjoyed an opportunity to share her knowledge of the Wilds. It was a good exercise, and it kept her mental map of the land sharp. She turned her head to the South as though she could see straight through the trees to the pack lands she was about to speak of. "There are three to the South. The furthest is Redhawk Caldera, on the Northern border of the largest lake in the area," she explained, "Nearest is Moonspear to the South West, then Blackfeather Woods to the South East."

She looked back at the dark female. "I grew up around here," she admitted, offering another smile.
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

As she began to list of the names and locations of packs in the area, Rouge found some, but little sure for what she was being told. Charon has told her about the Redhawk Caldera and how she should avoid the wolves of that area. Which in part made her want to investigate the area more. Then Moonspear, the pack she was a part of was rather obvious. The last one made her cringe as she thought about the last time she had encounted that pack. Blackfeather Woods, she had hoped that they would have moved or just straight up disbanded. She couldn't imagine how a pack filled with so many agressive members could find order in any of it. Their leader much be some brute to have authority over so many savage beasts.

To further inquire about Redhawk Caldera she added. "Oh right the Redhawk Caldera. I hear wolves there don't have great attitudes." she wandered if Charon had been the only one to think so ill of this pack.

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Though she had named three packs, it was the Caldera that her companion honed in on. She wondered briefly if the woman had guessed that Liffey was from that pack, but let it go shortly after the real reason it had become the focus was revealed - low opinions.

"They're just really protective of the territory, and of the pack," Liffey explained, knowing all too well what drove the poor attitudes that the girl was referring to, "The pack was founded by two families and nearly everyone in the ranks these days is from either one or the other. They had really bad experiences with outsiders in the past that makes them really mistrusting of anyone not a Blackthorn or a Redhawk. They're not all bad though, unless you think my attitude sucks too." She gave a friendly grin, wondering if she'd pick up the hint.

"I'm from the Caldera," she added after a beat, deciding not to leave it up to chance, "The current alphas are my parents."
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

[size=11.6667px%%]She went on to explain that the Redhawk Caldera was simply very protective of their territory and was comprised of the joining of two linages. Very much a family pack, Rouge though to herself. Of all the pack types it was the one she disliked the lost. Simply because of their dislike for many outsiders and lack of acceptance of anyone other then the family into the pack. But then again she didn't really know the pack, just an assumption off what her companion had told her.

When it was revealed that this wolf had come from that pack, four things went through Rouges mind. One was slight embarassment that did stay for too long. Luckily she hadn't said anything too terrible about the pack. Second was about how this females perception of the pack could be skewed, seeing as how she was the off spring of the leaders. Less likely to see the bad in those who you were close to.

The third was how she didn't display any noticable bad characteristics and how she was glad she didn't listen to Charon's warning about them. Lastly, why wasn't she there now. "Sorry dear. I didn't mean to offend your family. It's just what I've heard, not experienced. But if their not as bad as you say, why aren't you with them not." her companions coat was stripped of many of the pack members scents, making her believe that she was a lone wolf.[/size]

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The girl was apologetic, but Liffey just smiled and shook her head, absolving her of guilt. She understood how that impression of the Caldera wolves might have made itself common. They were a protective bunch, though they had lightened up some since the death of Peregrine and Fox. She didn't blame them for it either, considering the stories she'd heard of run-ins with outsiders they'd had before she was born, and even some since. Namely, her kidnapped sister - a wolf she could hardly remember at all anymore.

"I left a few months ago to join a pack that was just forming with close friends of mine," Liffey explained, "I love my family, but I wanted to find my own way." She still felt some remorse for the hurt she'd done them by leaving, but the wounds were healing. She fixed her companion with a more serious glance then as her purpose for being in Neverwinter came back to mind. "Two of my friends actually are missing - that's why I'm out here," she explained, "They're brothers. Rannoch and Cypress. Do you know them by chance or seen them around?"
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

So she was in a pack, or at least that's the way she made it sound to Rouge. Venturing off away from her family to travel with her friends. Rouge could see that. A child wanting to find their own way if their goals differed from their parents. After all Rouge and her parents obviously were on the same page when they abandoned her as a young pup. But there was anothing reasons as to why she was out here. She was searching of some other wolves, similar to what Rouge was doing. Making a point to see if anyone knew any of Charon's family.

Rouge hadn't heard these names before she so shook her head slowly saying, "No I haven't meet any wolves going by that name. Though if you were to describe them a bit, I can make sure to keep an eye out for them and let them know that you are looking for them." Rouge suggested knowing that if any of the wolves she had passed had any information about Charon's family that it would have helped her greatly. 

"I'm actually in search of a couple wolves as well. Wolves going by the surname Ostrega. Do you know any wolves like that?" 

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
What little hope Liffey'd had of the girl knowing something about her wayward ...alpha.. friend... guy... fell away at the sight of Rouge's expression. It had been a long shot, so she wasn't too disappointed as the other female explained. She smiled at the offer of help and gave an appreciative nod before answering, "Rannoch is gray with turqouise eyes. He's a large wolf - strong, and very kind. Cypress is smaller with long, black fur and yellow eyes. I'm hoping they're together, wherever they are."

When it came her turn to offer assistance, she too had to give a slow, remorseful shake of her head. "No, that name doesn't sound familiar. But I'll do the same for you, if you have a description?" she answered, not realizing she actually knew two of them. The lack of Facebook meant she didn't know her own packmate's last name, and Charon's lack of propriety meant she didn't know his either.
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

As the was told to discription for the two wayward friends of this female, she was one again assured the she hadn't meet these two males. There were plently of wolves that she had meet that fit one of more of those descriptions, but they either had one and not both, or had given her a name that wasn't either of the ones being asked for. Neither of the two females would be getting any good news it seemed as Rouge's female companion again didn't know of any wolves going by such a surname. 

It seemed strange for wolves to have a last name. It wan't neccasarily uncommon, but most of the time it was simply first names. Rouge figured that the only wolves that would openly go by their surnames were wolves that were very proud of their lineiage. "Sadly I don't have a discription. All I know is that they woud related to a Charon Ostrega."

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey's brows lifted in surprise when she named Charon. She hadn't realized that this was the surname of the Moonspear alpha she had met those months ago, and the one she sought now. What a strange coincidence. She wondered why this female would be looking for relatives of the handsome young wolf, but could only come to one real conclusion that she was keen on confirming.

"Charon?" she said, beginning to smile, "I was actually just on my way to see him. Are you part of his pack?"
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
It seemed the mention of her alpha triggered something with Liffey. She was heading over to see him at this moment, a strange turn of events. "Yes, though I'm often outside of the border." she answered grudgingly. She liked having a purpose within the pack, being the scout but the lone wolf in her still, at times, disliked being linked to a pack. Only one pack for that matter. For a moment she thought about what other things she could do if she had been in a different pack, or wondered between multiple ones. 

But she focued again on the present and Liffey. "What are you planning on doing over at Moonspear?"

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey nodded as Rouge confirmed that she was a member of Moonspear. Though she smiled, her heart sank as she took this to mean that Rannoch was definitely not there, for otherwise, the woman would have known of him. Little did she realize that Rouge had simply been away during the time of her wayward alpha's arrival and subsequent stay. Nevertheless, it didn't change her plans to go there any. They might not have him, but that didn't mean that someone else wouldn't know of his whereabouts.

"Moonspear is ally of the Vale. My pack, I mean," she explained, "I believe Rannoch and Cypress both have friends within your borders, so my hope is that maybe they stopped there recently and they might have more information." Liffey sighed, realizing the hope was a flimsy one.

"You know, you might try my mom at the Caldera," she offered after a beat, just as the idea occurred to her, "She's a scout and she seems to know everyone and everything about the Wilds. Maybe she knows an Ostrega or two. Her name is Finley Blackthorn, and she's actually pretty cool towards outsiders." A smile slid across her muzzle as she thought of her mother. In spite of how poor of terms they'd parted on, she did still have fond memories of the woman. "Warning though: she swears. A lot."
~•~
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
So Moonspear and the Vale were allied packs, something useful Rouge could keep in mind for the furture. If something bad were to happen it was possible that the two could have sought refuge within Moonspear. Rouge wouldn't and didn't know that this had happened. She had spent a majority of her time away from the pack to know anything about what really went on within it. Even when she retured she felt weird at times crossing over the border, as though it were foreign territory she shouldn't step foot into.

"Maybe, I'm not over there too often so theres a chance." she said encouraging the girl. She nodded along to what Liffey had said about her mother and smiled when her swearing was brought up. "I'll keep that in mind if I make my way over there. Thanks." Rouge explained. Finding Charon's realative was more of a side notes, but if she was in the area she way no harm in doing so. 

"Well it seems that we both have places to go. Maybe I'll see you around." Rouge began saying, ready to move on into her jouney. She had learned some valuabe information from this female as well as learned that she too was looking for someone. Even though she wouldn't have too look very hard for the wolf she was looking for, and Liffey would most likely find him before her, not knowing that she kept it in her mind. 

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Rouge's comment sparked some of her hope again, but Liffey wasn't going to count on it. She smiled nonetheless and hoped that perhaps the other female's luck would be better at the Caldera than hers would likely be at Moonspear. Someone at least should be successful at their attempt. "See you," Liffey said to her companion before turning to leave herself. Moonspear was calling, and as feeble as her hope was, it was the only thing she had left.
~•~