The Island
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
It was warm that day as Majesty made his way to the coast. As he walked along the sand, enjoying the warmth of it on the pads of his paws, he gazed out to sea, and spotted something he had never noticed before: an island. Hmm? he thought to himself. I wonder what is out there… As he continued to look, he realized that it didn't seem very far away, and, without a second thought, he began wading out into the ocean to begin the swim over to it.

He was about halfway submerged in the water when suddenly he felt the earth begin to slope upwards, and he climbed up out of the water onto a slightly submerged sandbar. He was now only ankle-deep in the water. He took the time to shake some of the saltwater from his fur, and look around. The island was closer, and he could see seagulls circling around a cliff-face on the left side of the island, sounding to each other. Most would probably think the sound was annoying, but enjoyed the cawing of the birds, just as he enjoyed all other aspects of nature.

He followed the sandbar, wondering how close it would take him to the island, and was pleasantly surprised when he found that he only had to submerge himself in the water again when he was just a few feet from shore. With a smile, he bounded through the waves, letting their pull help him to the beach. When he was completely out of the water, his legs thoroughly covered in sand that he would definitely need to clean later, he took a look around.

The island was small. Not so small that it was uninhabitable. It was at least a few miles wide in each direction. He seemed to be in about the middle of it. To his left were the cliffs, which seemed climbable if given time and patience. The seagulls called to one another, and a few of them came over to him, circling over his head in curiosity. He guessed that not many wolves ventured to this island.

To his right was a coniferous forest, and even as he turned his face toward it, he could feel the lowering in temperature. He loped towards the trees, and when he breached them, he was pleasantly surprised by the coolness of the forest on this mildly hot day. He wished his coat of fur would begin to shed. It was getting closer to Summer and his fur was thicker than most. He continued through the trees, looking around and exploring this new area.

The more he thought about it and looked around, the more he realized that this would be the perfect area to start a pack. He stopped at a freshwater pond to take a drink, and watched as a few rabbits scurried away from him. He decided to give chase, digging his paws into the ground for more traction and keeping his head lowered to give himself more speed. He had never been very good at hunting, but he was hungry, so he hoped this time he could catch something.

Soon enough, he was digging into the fresh rabbit corpse, enjoying the flavor of the meat. The small meal would be enough to hold him over for now. He decided to take a nap then, and returned to the shoreline to do so, landing on his side in the sand and reveling in its warmth. With a full belly and the sun's warmth on his fur, he fell into a deep sleep, dreaming of a future in which he was the Alpha of his own pack.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Hope you don't mind me joining ^_^

Julooke had gone wandering once again, this time along the beach. She had been looking for crab to hunt, and found a few, but they managed to escape her. It would certainly take some practice catching those little buggers. She'd try again later. She waded into the water and swam the short distance to the island. Immediately, she seen a dark figure lying on the sand.

Slowly, she made her way over. She quickly realized it was a wolf. Hello? she said. He didn't seem to move. An ear flicked back in concern. Was he hurt? She came close, lowering her muzzle to sniff him, and looked him over. She couldn't see any injuries, and he was breathing. Hesitantly, she lifted a paw and attempted to gently nudge his shoulder with it.

I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Not at all! I was hoping this thread would get some attention! By the way, your avatar is adorable.

Majesty was still dreaming. He was dreaming that he was running around the island with a number of other wolves, who all referred to him as Alpha. He was showing them around, letting them know where the best places to hunt were, and where all the freshwater ponds and inlets were. And then the ground began to shake, and everyone whined and plastered their ears against their heads. What was going on? Why was the ground shaking?

Majesty awoke with a start, his eyes snapping open. He sat up, a bit too quickly, and lay down again as the blood rushed to his head. "Earthquake," he mumbled sleepily. "Why an earthquake? Must… get off the island…" He shook himself so that he would be more awake, and then realized, with a sigh of relief, that the ground was, in fact, not shaking. And then he nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw a pretty female wolf staring at him quizzically.

"H-Hello?" The statement came out as a question, as Majesty was extremely rattled at the moment. He was a heavy sleeper. It took him a while to get his stuff together when he woke up. "Who are you?"
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thanks ^_^

The wolf jerked up suddenly, and Julooke jerked back, landing on her rump. Her wide-eyed expression conveyed some fear as she worried he would attack her. But, it didn't seem like he seen her yet. He was mumbling about an earthquake and getting off the island. Julooke took a quick glance around. The island wasn't shaking to her. Just after she turned her gaze back to him, he saw her.

He seemed upset and not quite with it. I'm Julooke...I, um, just saw you lying there... I thought you were hurt, she explained. Thistle had told her about poppy seeds and how they could cause hallucinations. Was this male seeing things because he took too many?

276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
You wouldn't happen to wanna join Majesty's new pack, would you? I originally thought I had the three members needed, but the last member hasn't been on in days and she's really slowing us all down…

Majesty stared dumbly at the she-wolf for a few more seconds before he woke up all the way. And then he realized that he had been acting like an idiot for the past minute. When she mentioned that she thought he had been hurt, he raised an eyebrow at her. Clearing his throat, he sat up a little straighter, and said in his usual calm, deep voice, "Pardon my behavior. I was asleep beforehand and it takes me a while to fully awaken. I'm glad you did, though, as I seem to have been dreaming that there was an earthquake, which explains my mumbling." He chuckled to himself.

"Now. What brings you to this island?" He looked around. "Beautiful, isn't it? Just like you." He glanced at her after he said that, and grinned. "Forgive me. I don't know what prompted me to say that." He bowed to her, out of respect and friendship. "My name is Majesty, of the Silvertip Mountain Pack. Although I won't be part of it much longer."
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I remember replying to this... I must not have hit submit :-/
[size=medium]

The male took a moment to compose himself, lifting a brow at her when she admitted she thought he had been hurt. She wasn't quite sure what that expression meant, but was glad when he started to speak. His voice was calm, and it helped her relax. He explained he was in a deep sleep, and was having a vivid dream. Julooke wasn't one to sleep that deeply, but she supposed she could understand. His chuckle brought about a smile on her maw.

In answer to his question, she said, I thought I would check the island out. I'm new to the area, so I've been exploring. She was about to nod in agreement on how beautiful the island was, when his next statement caught her off guard, her eyes widening a little in surprise. Her checks blushed and her eyes averted. He apologized, which brought her gaze back to him. It's alright... It just caught be off guard, she admitted. He bowed to her, introducing himself. She smiled, returning his bow. My name is Julooke, from Horizon Ridge, she responded. Because her curiosity always got the better of her, she asked, Why are you leaving your pack?

[/size]
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Since this thread first started back when Majesty was still a member of STM, let's continue on that part of the timeline, shall we? Also, I debated over whether to use the word "who" or "whom" in one of the sentences in this post and I still don't know if I used the correct one…

"Why are you leaving your pack?"

The question rang in Majesty's ears, striking a chord somewhere deep inside. "That…" he began slowly, looking out at sea, "is a… difficult question to answer. Part of it lies in instinct. It seems I was born to be an Alpha, and that side of me has finally decided to peep through the surface, as now I find myself trying to rally my own pack. The other reason is more… complicated."

He took a breath, trying to think. "My current pack is… fine, I suppose. Though, somehow, I feel as though I've… settled. And I don't like that feeling - that I missing out because I've settled for something less than I deserve. The wolves there are friendly enough, though there's something about the Alpha that is unsettling, as though I can never fully trust her. I don't want to spend too long under an Alpha like that. As a wolf, you've got to trust your pack-mates. It's imperative to pack life. And I'm not so sure I trust her one-hundred percent, which leaves me at odds with staying there. I'd much rather I be surrounded by pack-mates whom I can trust."

"Also," he concluded, "my current pack resides on a mountain, which does not suit me at all. Mountains are nice places to visit - for the view and such. But I would never want to live on one. I much prefer flatter ground." He cleared his throat, pausing for a moment. "I think that about answers your question. I'm sorry if I talked your ear off. Normally, I don't speak this much, though I seem to be doing more of that, also. Heh." He smiled apologetically, and then looked back out to sea…
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sounds good! I never understood the "who" and "whom" thing. I know "they're, their, and there", but "who" and "whom" has always escaped me. I pretend like "whom" doesn't even exist, lol.

[size=medium]
Julooke listened intently to the reasons why he felt he couldn't stay with his current pack. They seemed pretty valid to her. She herself didn't have much desire to run a pack. Her personality fit a supporting role, instead, and she was perfectly happy with it.

Trusting pack mates was essential to a stable pack. The wolves in a pack are supposed to be like family, and trust was an integral part of that. Without it, things would fall apart.

She also understood the terrain problems. While she was adaptable, she knew many wolves were not. Mountains could be extremely dangerous and were for the uncoordinated or faint of heart. Cliffs were everywhere, rock slides could happen out of no where, and a simple slip on flat land could mean death on a mountain.

She nodded throughout his speech, conveying she was listening and understanding. She smiled at the end, No worries, she responded. I'm usually the one doing all the talking, so it's a nice change, she assured him. It was true. She couldn't remember meeting anyone who could keep up with her own mouth. Those are all good reasons. I hope your Alpha understands. It can cause tensions leaving a pack to make your own, but you have to do what's best for you, she responded. Do you have any followers? she asked. No point in leaving a pack and making a new one without followers.

[/size]

276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
At the time of the beginning of this thread, I don't remember if Majesty had any followers or not. I don't think he did, so I'm just gonna go with that. Lol. Also, I ICly asked Julooke to join, even though I know you declined, so that was just for story progression.

Majesty smiled at Julooke's comment about always being the one talking. He was beginning to really warm up to the female, who seemed to not mind his long-winded explanation at all. He appreciated her sentiment about it being hard to leave your pack behind to start a new one. He knew that was right. How was he ever going to tell Jinx? She'd probably try to tear his head off. He shook himself. She was asking him if he had any followers yet.

He cleared his throat. "No, not yet. I only just decided to make my own pack. I haven't begun recruiting anyone yet." He glanced at her. He knew it was a long shot, but… "You wouldn't happen to want to join, would you?"
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No problem! :-)

[size=medium]He admitted he didn't have any followers yet, and then tried to recruit her. She smiled, Thanks, but I'm pretty happy at Horizon Ridge, she responded. She had just begun to really find her niche within the pack, and she wasn't willing to jeopardize it. She couldn't fault him for trying, though. Don't give up, though. You've only just decided, like you said, so wander around, meet some new wolves. I'm sure you can find some followers, she encouraged him. If I meet any lone wolves, I'll try and send them your way, she added. Horizon Ridge was doing pretty well on numbers at the moment, so she thought sending a few Majesty's way wouldn't hurt.

[/size]

276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Last post from me!

Majesty sat up and bowed his head to his new friend. "I appreciate that, Julooke. And please, once my new pack has been established, do not be afraid to come visit. I will be sure to let the others - whoever they might be - know that you are welcome." He looked around, sighing.

"It has been a pleasure speaking with you. Though, unfortunately, I seem to be wasting the day away, and I do not think my Alpha would appreciate that. If you don't mind, I'll take my leave now." With another bow, he stood, and made his way to the shore of the island. With a look over his shoulder, and a wink and a smile to the pretty female, he bounded out into the water and made his way back to the Sea Lion Shores.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'll have this archived :-)

[size=medium]

As abruptly as their meeting had begun, it was over. Julooke smiled, Thanks, Majesty. I'll come visit once you're settled in, she replied. Little did she know the visit may not be a pleasant one where her own pack was concerned.

She understood the need to go. She nodded, Take care, she replied as he turned to leave. She watched him turn around and wink, and she smiled in a silent reply. She turned towards the inland, figuring she had a little time to explore before she went back to her own home.

[/size]