Blacktail Deer Plateau shoot down the moon, straight through the sky
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Suddenly, the Morningsiders were not so few any more!

The younger male strode onto the scene cooly, confidently — and Indie’s Starbelly’s attention immediately snapped to his new presence, but his first statement stoked a small flame deep in the pit of her stomach. So judgey, for such a young wolf! Was he even old enough to have him trade himself? For a moment, the vaudevillian tightened her jaw and hardened her gaze, in a way that was so infinitesimal that it was only perceived by the woman and only because it relieved part of the tension she suddenly felt. It was this type of fire that might have made the hotheaded Indie of yesteryear lash out [and perhaps that was the reason she had been, for the most part, a loner.]

Indie might lash out, but Starbelly was calm and collected. So the woman smiled a saccharine smile and responded sweetly, in a way that conveyed nothing of the wolf beneath the visage. 

“Mmmm, I’d like to see you dance the flamenco — and then you can tell me it isn’t a hard-earned skill. 

It was another joke, which were always small risks; but Starbelly had confidence in herself and know that most wolves could handle a quick repartee, so she tossed them freely. He continued to talk about pups and tasks and leaders and then he threw up a call for the attendance of someone higher than he. Starbelly gave a curt nod, placed her hips on the ground, and waited only a few moments before the silvered king arrived.

Without a word from Starbelly herself, Pema listed off her entire resume, adding sweet details about her lack of an official trade. Starbelly appreciated it, but felt a little spoken for. 

These wolves sure had a lot to say.

Suddenly, the conversation was thrust upon her. Pema actually did a pretty good job, so Starbelly did not have much to add — instead, her firebright gaze fell upon the nameless leader and spoke to him directly. “Oh, I assure you — I am far from useless,” she simpered, ears flicked back against her skull and, concurrently, dipped into a small curtsy.
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
Messages In This Thread
shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Indie - September 20, 2017, 07:00 PM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Pema - September 20, 2017, 07:28 PM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Indie - September 21, 2017, 01:49 PM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Pema - September 21, 2017, 11:10 PM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Indie - September 24, 2017, 05:33 PM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Pema - September 27, 2017, 12:44 AM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Indie - September 28, 2017, 11:11 AM
RE: shoot down the moon, straight through the sky - by Pema - September 28, 2017, 10:58 PM