Blacktail Deer Plateau maybe i should call
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Hunt anyone? All random w/ dice rolls :)

There hadn't been much activity coming from Moonstone's tiny corner of the rendezvous site. She'd been slowly inching her way from the wall toward where Grayday and the pups slept, but she had made it into a lengthy process. With the moon beginning to rise and the sun making its retreat, she thought that a quick hunt might be in order, both because the caches seemed low and because she hadn't gotten a chance to really know anyone as much as she wanted to. 

She stood up, shook out her fur, then proceeded to weave through the sleeping bodies to see if any might have been awake, or at least awake enough to notice her.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Others should still feel free to jump in!
It was a familiar scene; a pale form stirring, followed moments later by one cloaked in silver. After nudging Pema just awake enough to direct her toward the pups, Grayday fell into step beside the ivory shewolf that'd woken him once more, his eyes tracing curiously over the planes of her pretty face. She seemed untroubled, unlike the last time this had happened, and the male's tail wagged in response.

"What're we doing tonight?" he asked, tugging playfully at one of her pale ears. Despite having just woken up, the male felt well-rested and ready for action. He, too, had their empty caches on his mind, as well as a gnawing ache in his belly.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Of all the wolves, Grayday was the one who Moonstone had been hoping for the most. She gave a mock growl in response and pawed at his shoulder with a smile, then took his question into consideration, I'm not sure what exactly, I just know that it's hard to sleep on an empty stomach. The territory was anything but barren; there was something to be seen everywhere one went, whether it be a quick-footed hare or a cunning fox. The herd of blacktail was still around, so far as she knew, but that was more than what only two wolves could handle. What're you in the mood for? Moonstone asked with a nudge to Day's shoulder.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday ducked away, a huff of laughter escaping him as he attempted to escape Moonstone's retaliation.

"Turkey," he said at once, not even having to think about it. He was always in the mood for a turkey hunt. "There's a few groups of them out toward the edge of the forest, next to the drop-off," he added, in case Moonstone didn't know.

Aside from being one of his favorite playthings, turkeys were also small enough to be hunted en masse and then carried back to their young and injured members. They were also relatively easy to hunt, if not the most filling or fattening meal around.
What's Mine is Ours
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Moonstone snorted as she thought back to the hunt with Easy and Lav, That's funny. Easy was asking if I'd help her catch a turkey for you the other day. Although she thought that Lavender was the cutest of the bunch — she had something peculiar about the way she looked; anyone could tell that once she grew into it, she'd be a stunner — Easy was the go-getter, and Moonstone liked that. It does sound like fun.

The only thing that worried her was their size. Now, okay, she had never been afraid of hunting deer or pronghorn, or bison even! But that was because those animals were supposed to be that big; birds were not. Of course, she would never mention this little fear aloud, but she wondered just how things would play out.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's tail whipped in pleasure at the thought - his kids were such sweethearts. Was there anything better than being a dad? "I keep telling myself I have enough kids, but when they do stuff like that, it makes me wanna have another batch of 'em," he admitted, trying not to reveal exactly how touched he was by hearing about his daughter's (failed) gesture.

He led the way to the outskirts of the territory, tail whisking idly behind him. Moonstone was quickly becoming an integral part of his family, and he felt very comfortable in her presence. "We should try to separate a couple of them, so the others don't see us taking them down," he said to his companion. "The last thing we need is them getting to skittish to approach."

Presently, they came upon one of the many rafters that roamedt this part of the territory. The large birds didn't seem to sense their presence, so Grayday continued to step lightly, and keep his body low to the ground. "Let's just try to... gently move them apart. Two or three of the females." There were about nine of them, all in all. "Try not to get them too panicked, though."
What's Mine is Ours