Moonspear take it back high
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
@Drogon attn: @Charon and/or @Amekaze

Hydra had traveled the short-distance from the Altar of Twilight to Moonspear. The Ostrega called for her mother and father both, whoever was nearest. But Drogon carried intelligence in regards to a seemingly mutual, at present, enemy. More than that, she found someone she could shape into a warrior, perhaps. It depended on what kind of pupil he was; Hydra was as arrogant as he was, and intended fully to learn what he knew, first. It was her way. Of those among her age, Hydra predicted herself to be the sharpest of mind and strongest of will and body; it was not as though she had not proven it, either, and so it was not an unfounded thought. An extra body that could fight with and for them was not a bad thing, she did not think. He seemed more than willing, which she appreciated. She thought of the wolf with a madmans laugh and looked to Drogon with a grin—the wolf would know that death was coming for him as surely as winter was, and the maned wolf beside her was but another step in the right direction. Hydra looked to @Lyra and hummed, Find @Alya, and watched as her one twin departed to find the other.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
This hadn’t been on the tundrian’s agenda, admittedly. He’d not begun his day with the anticipation that he would be joining ( or attempting to, at least ) a pack — and certainly not the very pack whose borders he’d been mapping out a route that would involve backtracking to give a wide berth — but there is nothing in Drogon that tells him that this feels wrong. He’s a primal beast: and he trusts his instinct over all else. In fact, he has the inkling that he will get on well with Hydra and is already impressed by her. A master warrior! Despite that Drogon is not one to harbor hope when things remain uncertain he cannot help but look forward to what she can teach him.

The tundrian is quiet as she calls for her parents and mirrors her grin back at her. As she sends her sister off to find one she calls Alya it occurs to him that there might be three of them but he can’t focus upon it long enough to sate his curiosity and ask. Instead, he takes advantage of the opportunity now that she is closer and they are no longer traveling to really look at her. Her pelage is a dark umbra: like a starless night, her eyes are glacial blue ( not unlike his ) and her right ear bears a small notch in it. His gaze lingers there for a second, wondering where she’d gotten it or if it was chosen and bears significance to her. There is something about her that is captivating besides her becoming appearance; but he doesn’t try to solve it currently. In fact, he realizes he’s been staring and looks away in the hopes that she doesn’t notice him admiring her. He focuses his gaze and attention upon the claimed territory before them, particularly at the impressive spire that stretches towards the heavens.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
enjoy a low quality speedie before dinner!
Her patrols seemed practically endless, but always with good purpose in mind with her youngest pups roaming and dangers persisting beyond her mountain, so she wasn't far when Hydra's call rose to the winds. Amekaze didn't doubt that Charon may be nearby too, as he was often on the same page as her when it came to matters like these, so after a few minor adjustments of her route, she honed in on the Beta of the Spear.

And as it would appear, she was not alone. Not her sisters, although she sensed they were not far away either, but an unknown male who unlike the last, was conscious on arrival. Ame's ears were pricked, angled towards the stranger, and she greedily drank in sight of him—noting his hues, his size, and then lastly, his youthful undertones that the rest of his features threatened to almost overshadow. But, quite interested in what this may be (her dark daughters didn't let her down), she closed the distance with her poise and self-confidence in plain sight, though she brought a healthy measure of curiosity as well as she lurked upon the pair—one that would have the details soon enough.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She felt Drogon's eyes upon her, though did not look to him in turn. Already Hydra had analyzed him; she thought he was a nearly perfect specimen. Surely, when he came into his body in adulthood, this perspective would adjust accordingly. Her mother came upon them both in due time, and Hydra moved around her to linger at her side. Her posture changed to respect the authority that was her mother, and the blue-eyed she wolf spoke for him to start: This is Drogon. He knows where those of the Woods sleep, and has met the wolf that had attacked Rannoch. He wishes to join us and assist, if it is necessary. He is a mercenary, and an aspiring warrior and tactician. Drogon has also stated he is a capable hunter, as for the rest of it, she left it in her mothers paws. Hydra was of the opinion that the more teeth they had, the better off they were for it these days.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
smol post before bed~

A woman approaches, of pelage as dark as Hydra’s own and Drogon makes the connection readily enough that this woman is no doubt ( one of ) the leader(s) and Hydra’s mother. He can see some similarities between the two as Hydra moves to take her place at the woman’s side. Except for the eyes. The eyes are vastly different colors. The tundrian remembers his manners and bows his head in submission to the alpha female. The older woman does not speak but she needs not to for Hydra wastes no time divulging the details. Drogon’s far from modest and meek and though he works to keep his posture in a position that he hopes is respectful he cannot help but pose a bit for inspection ( because he wants to impress of course ). He feels that he should add something but upon listening to Hydra’s recap he realizes that she’s covered everything that he’s divulged and thus he has nothing further to add. He, too, turns attention to the alpha, ready to receive any further questions she may have.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya arrived on the scene soon after, having been summoned by Hydra through Lyra. Her steps were graceful and her demeanor careless as she drew alongside her sister with a look of carefully manufactured disinterest on her face. It was always of interest, when Hydra summoned her, and this time was no different - but she'd been practicing her Amekaze face, and it was finally paying off.

"Hi Hy," she greeted, her voice smooth and melodious. She'd found in her childhood that she would never be a great singer, but her speaking voice was pleasant and rich. The boy, for now, was studiously ignored. She would wait for Hydra's signal to see how he should be treated - although, Alya's first instinct was to try and charm him until he bent to the Cerberus's almighty will.
i can't help but be my own god
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon caught what Hydra said, arriving shortly after Amekaze. Ears perked forward as he listened and he watched the boy with scrutinous eyes. He felt a pang of anger that he would betray Potema so, for he knew now that the woods they mentioned had to be hers. He wondered if she was safe but felt weird to ask because of the details of their relations. Yet she was also a friend of his, had been a friend of his long before they had breached the lines of friendship. And she was still, or maybe again, a friend of his. He'd never forget meeting her by the side of a lake and thinking her scarred eye was cool before he had even reached adulthood.

"Is Potema a part of this pack?" he asked abruptly, staring at the boy, his body carried proud and tall to match his status. Cards on the table time. "A white wolf with a scarred eye? She's my childhood friend. Maybe I should talk to her alone before anything gets out of hand between our packs and she can see this wolf who hurt Rannoch to justice." He should go there, alone, he thought; that somehow seemed the wisest. He had one more question for the boy — "Why did you leave them? What's the name of the wolf who's attacked Rannoch in the Glen?"

keeping a bit vague what is discussed in this but making a few assumptions
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Clear and concise, she was given the details straightforward--and sure enough, as expected, he provided an interesting sort of potential in what he supposedly knew of the Woods wolves. From the sounds of Hydra's report, he could link them right to the wolf that had made an earnest attempt at Rannoch's life, and he was apparently keen enough to remember his manners, by the look of it. She listened on, quirking her lips into a subtle smirk, then watching as more faces of her family arrived just behind her.

While she had never harbored issues with the Woods wolves before, and having always known of them somewhere in the background, well beyond to their days of Meldresi's founding and her own Sunspire, what her daughters had reported on the attacker made her furs rise. One rogue madman didn't fetter her, not individually, but her youngest offspring roamed now.. and soon, perhaps even into the greater expanses of the wilds. None of them showed outward interest in the worlds beyond their slopes yet, but that was just it: yet. They, along with her other fellows upon the Spear, were far too valuable to her to simply let this go, not when they could easily have the force to do something about it--with warriors and tactical minds at their disposal.

But, he looked the part of a capable wolf, and as an aspiring warrior and tactician, Drogon strolled up an alleyway quite relevant to her own interests. "A warrior and tactician could fit well among us," she glanced to Hydra knowingly. "How fares your experience in both so far? Have you been on your own for very long?" As a mercenary already, Amekaze suspects there should be something even more behind only his burly outward appearance.

Charon then hit with a barrage of questions that flicked her ears this way and that. Ame was far more indifferent to the Woods, it seemed, but she had no ties to them beyond her longstanding neutrality--a healthy measure of leave mine alone, and I will do the same, one that had begun with respecting Meldresi from a distance, once. But so it seemed.. that could change. "Do you think you may get to speak with her alone? Hard telling what their protocol may be if they know one of their own may have a target on his back," she mentioned, and surely they did, if he had returned to their fold wounded by Moonspear fangs. While she did not want to tell him not to go by himself, because she did not doubt his ability to fight his way out, but maybe it could be best if he only appeared to be alone when approaching them.

She was keeping to herself that itch to help her Cerberus finish what they had started with Rannoch's assailant. Hydra was making it easy to want to take that action, though, both in her own doings and by finding individuals with potential like him.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
skipping hydra with permission. :-)

A third one to look like Hydra arrives upon the scene with a greeting to Hydra. He is ignored but takes in her appearance while the small chance is his to take and comes to the realization that there is not just two but three of them and they are identical: even down to the notch in their ears. If this goes well, he’s going to have to find a way to remember them individually otherwise he runs the risk of accidentally calling them by the wrong names; but he does not fret nor worry about this. A male approaches the scene, his pelage a snowy white and bearing freckled markings. “Yes,” Drogon responds to Charon honestly: he recalls Potema even without the physical description that is offered. He is slightly startled by Charon’s jump to the conclusion that he’d been apart of Blackfeather Woods ( despite that he is not wrong ) but brushes it off as thinking that it may be more obvious than he’d thought. After all, anyone who knows anything about Blackfeather Woods knows that they are a sly and secretive bunch and their secrecy is of the utmost importance to them. He thinks it is cowardly; but that is just a difference in opinions.

“I don’t believe in their ways, their gods, or their belief that once a wolf is no longer useful for Blackfeather's purposes that their life no longer matters and is forfeit.” Not that Drogon could ever believe in such a thing as a deity. It sounds utterly preposterous to him: a convenient way of making one’s own self feel better about things, as far as he cares to see it. “He never gave me his name,” Something that Drogon sees now he should have pressed for. It doesn’t really matter. The Ansbjørn would recognize him anywhere. “…we didn’t exactly get along well so our only conversation was not very typical.” That was a bit of an understatement. Drogon’s way of being humble, more or less. Name didn’t matter. Dragon is sure as the sun will rise that as soon as a description is given that the wolves of the Woods know exactly whom they mean. The question was: to what lengths would they go to protect him?

Hydra’s mother speaks then, claiming the tundrian’s attention with a pivot of his ears atop his skull and the shift of his gaze, kept low out of respect as it was when he’d responded to whom Drogon assumed was Hydra’s father. “I have earned my mercenary trade a few months ago, and I am close to earning my warrior speciality. Tactician is slower going but I work on it when I can.” He pauses and counts back the months he’s been away from Blackfeather Woods. “Two months, borderlining three. I’ve had companions on and off though. Was lucky enough to find hunting partners to take down big game once or twice.” She addresses the male then, and Dragon falls silent, gaze flickering between the two as he awaits more questions or his verdict: whichever was to come first.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
skipping Alya with permission

An answer was offered to his questions, and Charon nodded with a serious expression on his face as he received the answers. To be truthful Charon knew nothing about Blackfeather Woods, nothing of their gods or traditions; all he knew was that it was where Potema lived, and that was enough for it to matter to him. For him to want to end this without any bloodshed.

Ame asked if he would be able to speak to her alone and Charon said, "I'll just go there and call for her. She'll know I'm there, then, so even if someone else shows up first she'll get there." He didn't feel like he'd be in any danger at all going to Blackfeather Woods. "It sounds like this wolf may be working alone. What does he look like?" If it had already been mentioned then he had forgotten. If he had no name then at least he should know what the wolf looked like.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Listening, Hydra is mute. She echoes her mothers mental sentiments. What if the Woods did have a vendetta against them, what if Potema could do nothing for that? She was certain her father was capable—she had seen him at work, too—but that did not mean she was any less at ease to know he would be going to the proverbial lions den. Hydra wondered if he would permit her coming, to see pack politics at play in times of tension, but did not ask it then—it wasn't the time. 

When her father asked what the male looked like, Hydra did not hesitate in reminding him: Like Uncle Floki, she began, though he has some tan on him, as well. I got his face pretty good, but for all she knew, that had healed—she knew little to nothing about healing to know her attack would scar Vaati's visage.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
While Charon believed it would still be simple to call the wolf he knew, Amekaze's skepticism remained. Blackfeather was far too much of an unknown, and an established, long-lasting presence at that. She wondered how far his familiarity with one of them would truly, honestly go after what had happened already; it was difficult for her to trust them, even if her mate did have his tie to one of their lot.. unless she was majorly important there, then Ame would stay iffy, and decide how to approach that later.

But for now, and what mattered more in this immediate instant, Drogon had provided an insight which she would keep in mind. Then, as for himself, she found no faults. His answers suited her, and even knowing what she did, she still wished to pick the young male's brain a bit about the topic of Blackfeather. But not right this very instant, especially with other important details about Rannoch's attacker to exchange, and then, for Drogon to settle in, perhaps get a meal in his belly, and rest up. Amekaze knew if he were to train at Hydra's command, he'd need it, and her knowing silence on the topic suggested that she approved.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
The leaders talk among themselves now about the spiderling that has a hefty bounty upon his head with Hydra speaking up to remind her father of what the boy looks like, which makes Drogon wonder if the Spiderling is the spawn of this “uncle Floki”. He shifts his weight as Charon insists upon taking a diplomatic approach with Potema. Drogon very much doubts it will work. He does not know the lengths they will go to to protect their own or if they will simply cast him out ( of that he greatly doubts ) but the problem was it was not Potema that held the true power. She had not in any position of power when he’d called himself one of them and though that might have changed between then and now he doubts that the Dark Master or even Nyx herself would have let anyone else but either one of them take the reigns. He holds tongue, however, because his opinion wasn’t asked and it was not his place to butt in and offer it regardless. His time there might have only been for a month or at two ( at most ) but he knows the most about them and if there is one thing he knows unwaveringly it is that they love their secrecy and that they will lie and he does not doubt even for a second that they will have no qualms about lying to Charon’s face.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
".. Right," Charon said when Hydra reminded him of the boy's appearance. He had forgotten a moment, or perhaps he wished that he could forget or that it wasn't true, because he was afraid that it was Jorunn or someone else that was somehow related. It gave him the chills, it wasn't as it should be.

"I'll talk to Potema," he decided eventually and he nodded at the rest of them. Amekaze was handling all the joining side of this conversation anyway so he looked at her and nodded. "I trust you'll see him fed and rested," he told the rest of them and then Charon turned away from the gathering so find some peace and time to reflect, so that he could form a plan, or possibly just go to Blackfeather Woods and see what that'd bring.