Firefly Glen lights all over the world
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Private 

Just outside the forest was a glen, and after Miyako had found she explored much of the trees, she wandered south, finding refuge in the dark thicket. It was nightfall, just a day after her encounter with Varick and Rouge, and she was restless. The thick vegetation made it nearly impossible to find any sort of light, and so the black female found herself in darkness, trying to be silent as possible as she padded through the trees.

She thought back to the wolves she had met thus far in her journey. Durnehviir. Sunny. Drogon. Mouse. Liffey. Grayday. Rouge. Varick. Miyako held their names in her mind like some sort of talisman, gripping them tightly against the constant onslaught of isolation.

Soon, though, she realized that she was not alone. Little floating orbs rose all around her, fluttering about. These were fireflies, and they provided a small beacon of light in the dim glen. She smiled as one landed near her paw, pulsing gently with light. She prodded it, light as a feather, and it took flight once more, buzzing near her muzzle before soaring back into the trees.

This was a magical place. And through patches where she could actually see the horizon, she saw mountains ahead. Miyako was far from home. Yet she felt completely at ease, now. The darkness of the past was beginning to fade, and, like the fireflies around her, she saw little glimmers of hope for the future.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

Rouge had been slinking through the night, her coat perfect camoflauge as she followed the scent of the young black wolf Miyako from Neverwinter Forest. Not too far behind, but out of sight as she followed the trail. Something about her was so intreging to Rouge. It might have been her young age or her resemblance to how Rouge was when she first entered the Teekon Wilds. Though alot less micheifious, or at least thats how it seemed when the two were accompanied by the other young dark male. 

When they entered the glen, Rouge made sure to stay low to the thicket. Her dark coat slithering through as her target came into sight. She had stopped to admire the fireflies, allowing her time to catch up. She steped out of the thicket slightly, silently sitting and watching her. No longer hidding, but still hard to see in the night. Her eyes seemed to glow and give away her position if Miyako were to turn around.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Miyako had only been watching the fireflies for a little while before a prickling sensation at her nape alerted to the fact that someone could be watching her. Adding to that was a scent wafting close that seemed familiar, though she couldn't quite place it. Wheeling around, a growl in her throat, she was met by a pair of disconcertingly bright blue orbs staring unblinkingly back at her.

"Who the fu--" Her words cut off abruptly as she got a closer look, and realized the wolf was the dark she-wolf from her earlier conversation with Varick, who must have tracked her from the forest to here. She gave a low huff, mixed with amusement and relief--and a tinge of annoyance. "Oh, it's you," Miyako said quietly. "You follow me here?"

It was quite the effort on the lady's part for a wolf she barely knew. Then again, she supposed the mysterious black woman was a scout, after all. She had said so. An icy feeling creeped up her spine as she tried to figure out why the wolf had followed her. "Uh, am I too close to your pack territory? I didn't smell any border markings at all, but I can leave if. . ." Miyako trailed off delicately, trying to keep the peace if she was indeed on enemy territory.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

When Miyako turning around hurredly with a growl under her breath, Rouge simply smiled and even laughed a bit during the few moments it took her to realize who it was behind her. The fireflies around her retreated away, but they returned as she realized there was no imminent danger around her. It then sunk in to her that Rouge had followed her. "Very good. Nice guess."

But then she was concerned, talking about how she was sorry for being near the pack's territory. It was true that Rouge's pack was near by, but that wasn't the reason she was out here. From her knowledge that pack had no claim to this region, even if it wasn't marked but rather implied. "No dear. That's not why I'm here. You're perfectly fine where you are." she assured Miyako.

"I wanted to talk to you about somethings." she clarified starting her reason for being there. The similarities between the two were many, but they definatly were different beings. Rouge wanted to learn more about the past experiences this female had.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Miyako's lip curled a fraction of an inch upward in a subtle snarl as she saw the woman laugh. There was something about her smugness that rubbed her the wrong way. And yet. . .and yet, she thought sourly, she saw some of that same sense of sarcasm, some dry wit, in herself. She didn't much like comparing herself to this stalker, though.

"Okay, good," she responded, letting herself relax just a little bit as the she-wolf assured her she was not trespassing. So, then. . .what? Why had the woman followed her, if not to make sure she didn't stray into her pack's territory? She had said her pack was to the southwest of Neverwinter Forest, and here she was, wandering.

"So, then," Miyako continued, padding a few steps closer and surveying her newfound acquaintance with curious, if still wary, eyes. "Talk. What things?" She then chuckled incredulously, flicking her tail in amusement. "Do you have, like, a crush on me? Why did you follow me here? I don't even know your name!"
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

The young wolf eased up, now knowing that she wasn't in trouble for being too close to the border of Moonspear. Getting over that inital issue she began to see another issue. That Rouge had tracked her down. She then responded with a series of questions, some causing her amusement as she laughed. 

Rouge had thought she had given the girl her name, but then again couldn't remember if she had. It wasn't something she was used to giving and so often times she forgot to. "More like a crush on myself, or rather the peices of myself that I see in you." she clarifyied. "My name is Rouge. Incase you didn't catch it last time. And I wanted to get to know alittle bit more about you." she stated simply her tail slowly tudding on the ground where she sat.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Rouge. "Now that I think about it, I think I might have heard you say your name as you were leaving," Miyako said, a hint of apology in her voice. "That sounds familiar."

The other woman told her that she saw parts of herself in Miyako. She wondered about that. They were pretty different. Rouge seemed more suave and mysterious; Miyako felt as if she were all surface. Rouge was a cat and Miyako felt more like a. . .bear? Rouge was a winter wind, and Miyako was a hurricane.

Casting aside metaphors for now, she continued, "Okay, so what do you see about yourself in me?" She cast a glance down at her chest, then looked back up at Rouge. "We both have black pelts. That's one thing. But what else?

"I come from the north, by the sea, as I mentioned before," Miyako said. "I came down here after a family tragedy and have been wandering alone for about a month. I'm not part of a pack, but I do have one in mind. One a friend told me about." Mouse's offer to visit Northstar Vale grew more and more tempting by the day.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

Rouge's reminder seemed to jog Miyako's memory and she apologized for not remembering it. A very apologetic wolf she was. When asked what similarities Rouge was between the two she responded by saying, "Yes we do have similar coloration and beauty, but I see my values and interests within you as well." at least some that she had had when she first entered into the Teekon Wilds. 

"A shared hesitation to join a pack and become 'attatched'" she refered to a comment Miyako had made during their last meeting. Rouge had never joined a pack thinking that she would have a normal pack life. But even now her situation wasn't where it was supposed to be she felt. Being cast out so young she found it hard to understand the social aspects of a pack with rankings and signs of subtle dominance and submission. It had always been one of the two extremes for her.

"And it would seem that we both share a similar interest in adventuring out and exploring." she spoke of the two's interest in scouting. A skill some wolves simply desposed doing. After she listed these similarities, Miyako went on to describe where she had from but what really stuck in Rouge's ears was that their had been a tragedy in her life.

"And what would this family tragedy be. Would it have anything to do with your 'demon' of a father." she asked possibly crossing a line.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
So she had remembered Miyako's off-hand mention of her father. She tried not to think about him, much, but he had been such a pain in her ass her entire life that he so often popped into her thoughts, often without her consent.

"My father was a piece of shit," she growled. "He slept the days away and spent nights out with friends, far away. Sometimes we wouldn't see him for weeks. Sometimes he'd be constantly around, nagging us about god knows what.

"He died being the idiot he was, and after he died, my brothers got into a spat trying to decide who would take over the pack. Didn't think to ask me to take over,"
Miyako added scornfully, frowning. "I had basically been their mother for all their lives, but when it came to actually being in charge, nooo, one of the guys had to do it."

She sighed, looking at the ground. "They were sweet boys, deep down," she said softly. "But when nature kicks in, you know. . .wolves change. My oldest brother killed the other two and took over, and I just. . .had to leave. Couldn't stay after that."

Miyako looked back up at Rouge, ears twitching. "So that's that. I don't want to become attached, to have to face that again, but I know I have to before winter." She cocked her head. "You got sort of the same story?"
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven

And then the doors opened. Miyako began to speak of her past including her father and brothers. In their last conversation it had seemed as though Miyako cared for her father, but that it was only at night when her father became something else. But as she continued to talk about he family it seemed like a regular thing. 

When the conversation turned to her brothers, she mentioned becoming a mother to them, but that they didn't respect her when it mattered. She had to grow up early to raise her brother, become independant. She simply couldn't live in that environment.

The question was then passed onto her, was her story similar. Rouge was no longer angry about what had happened to her, but it still played a big roll in her personality today. "No my stories not quite as exciting." she stated. Her story was simple but it had alot of backing to it. "When I was 6 months old I was abandoned by my pack in the middle of winter. I had no one with me and was forced to learn quickly how to survive on my know and know that even if you are family, the only person who will truly care about you is yourself."

Sure there were other who might want to be your friend, but Rouge had never experienced a friendship so strong that she would be willing to fight for that person and visa versa. "I was on my own for over three years of my life until I decided that surviving wasn't enought for me. So I joined a pack her and there so I would have something to do. I only really talk to the alpha and I'm rarely over the border."

But she turned the attention of the conversation by to Miyako, because she had noticed something. "All this talk about your family and I haven't heard you speak a word of your mother."

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Rouge went on to tell her story, and she nodded along in response, the words feeling familiar despite it not being her own tale. Maybe some wolves had had the luxury of a loving family with strong bonds, but many others did not. Miyako's parents had not completely abandoned them physically, but their emotional neglect had taken a toll on her and all of her siblings, one that would likely leave them with resentment for the rest of their lives.

"That sounds like a good arrangement you have with your pack now," she said mildly. "Lets you do your own thing without having to worry about starving to death in winter."

But her comfort soon faded as Rouge brought up. . .mother. Her lips drew up in a snarl again, as she struggled to find words to describe the only wolf she hated more than her stupid father. "My mother was useless," she snapped. "At least my father found us places to stay, and food on occasion. My mother came around once or twice a year to fuck my dad, have another litter, and take off with some other dude. He was obsessed with her, but the rest of us saw right through her." She looked away, eyes fixed on some unseen point in the forest. "I didn't shed a tear when she died."

Miyako looked back at Rouge, her anger fading after a few moments of stewing silence. "So, yeah, I guess you're right. We do have some things in common."
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She seemed to harbor even more anger and resentment for her mother, who wasn't around very often and to Miyako was even worse then her father. Seeing how she physically and verbally was unable to hold back her rage made Rouge's tail wag. This seemingly sweet younger female had a darker and tougher side to her.  

Once she acknowledged the similarities between the two of them Rouge took a few steps forward, disrupting Miyako's personal space. "I knew there was more to you then what meets the eye." she said as she walked to her side and spoke into her ear.

"This side of you. The side not so sweet an innocent needs to be lured out. With that male around I doubted that it would come to light, but here alone with me..." she laughed lightly. Rouge wasn't sure how 'dark' Miyako was, but she liked to believe that because of it and the two's similarities, that they would have ease understanding one another. "You have someone right by your side, not bothered by what you might try to keep from others." she said with a hinting voice, unsure of what in fact she was hinting at, but wanted to know her reaction.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Her brow furrowed as she listened to the words falling like honey out of Rouge's mouth. She didn't know whether the dark woman was coming on to her or putting her under some sort of spell. Miyako did not believe in magic, but there were some wolves that seemed. . .odder. . .than others.

"I'm far from innocent," she responded, thinking back on her life. One-night stands. Broken friendships. Family tragedy. "I was basically a mother as soon as I was weaned. And I've seen some horrible shit. I don't know if I ever was innocent."

She had shivered as Rouge spoke in her ear, the female's warm breath stirring the hairs there, and had taken a few steps backward. Now she regarded her newfound. . .friend? acquaintance?. . .with curiosity tinged with suspicion.

"So what's your angle? Or are you just trying to get to know me better for the fun of it," Miyako added with a soft chuckle.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for the late reply

She spoke of not knowing innocence with made Rouge chuckle a bit. She may not have ever been a cheery person, but there was no doubt that there were worse wolves. Rouge being one of them. Not that Rouge was a bad, person. She was more michievious then evil. But as she spoke of needing to grow fast, Rouge's inital thoughts about the girl were only enhanced. 

But what was her angle. Why had she felt such a need to follow this girl. The girl commented about it being for fun as a joke, but was she wrong, "Actually, yes. Much of what I do is for the fun of it. I don't do much that isn't pleasing." she said to the girl. But what could Rouge get out of this. "In truth I was drawn to you. Two girl this similar, would be a shame if they didn't meet up and get to know one another. Don't you think?"

Rouge didn't have many friends, and it might have been because of her attitude and at times directness. But if she could find someone able to connect with her and eventually get uses to her unusual attitude an unexpected result might come forth.

141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Rouge wanted to be friends, then. Now that was a concept pretty unfamiliar to her. Friends. It wasn't that Miyako was unpleasant in the least, but she had always been so wrapped up in her own drama and family shit that she had never had time to forge friendships.

It would be nice to have a friend, she supposed. Even if she belonged to another pack.

"So, friends? I can be your friend," Miyako acquiesced, nodding her head. "You are interesting, if a bit. . .intense," she finished lamely with a genuine smile.

One more question rose within her, and she spoke it before changing her mind. "Is your pack nearby? Perhaps we can meet up here every once in a while."
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge reveled a large smile and her tail began to wag at an exaggeratedly fast pace for a few moments. The girl had agreed to be Rouge's friend. Now that that was taken care of, Rouge wasn't sure what the two would do together. But that was a question for another day and she would find something entertaining to do. 

Rouge laughed a bit when she was called intense, but then her emotions switched when her pack was once again brought up. "My pack is nearby, but I'm almost never there. We should meet in the open like this. There's so much more we can do." 

But whatever the two would decide to do in the furture would have to wait for another day. Rouge had been away from her pack for a long time and it was time to get back before they thought about kicking her out or thought she had disappeared. "If you're ever looking for company just call me, and I'll do the same. Sound good?"