Moonspear Headbutts Don't Work So Well
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia, knowing that it had grown so very late since the promised meeting time between herself and @Hydra. She had thought a lot about things that could help in fighting, such as kicking, biting, and headbutting. Practicing that last one hurt, a lot. Julia was sure that the headache she got had lasted more than a couple of days, so she was beginning to think that way would not be the best to use.

The pale girl went out to find her dark-furred sister, hoping that she would still at least want to teach Korei. "Hydra? Hydraaaa?! Are you around here?!" she yelled out, looking for the sister of hers. "I-I still want to learn!"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Unfortunately for Korei, Hydra hunted her this day. She stalked her sister mutely, tracking her trail and honing in on her. She paused when she heard the pale-furred Ostrega call for her, and Hydra's head rose while her ears went erect. Having pinpointed her location, Hydra prowled forward and hoped her sister was none-the-wiser. She doubted it, really; no matter how many times Hydra and her sisters utilized their ability to sneak up on Julia, she somehow never expected it. It was even less likely she'd think such a thing would transpire today, given it'd been a while since Hydra had snuck up on her.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was getting nervous. Where was Hydra? Then she thought that perhaps, she was elsewhere in the area. She didn't think to sniff at the air instead of the ground, searching for a trail. She did not spot a sign of silent movement, and she did not expect what hydra had planned. "Hydra! Where are you?!" She was desperate to learn, and was willing to search back and forth to find her teaching sister.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Mutely, Hydra prowled after Korei. Her panicked voice did nothing to Hydra's slow-moving pace, which remained as it was. Her bright eyes were locked to her sisters every move, and in her shadows was where Hydra kept. Her inky coat did much to benefit her in these times.

But she did not remain enshrouded by them for long; when she was close enough, Hydra lept out from the cover of tree and rock and moved to unbalance Korei from behind, swiping at her left hock in a lazy, loose manner. She did not want to bring true harm to Korei, after all—and she knew Korei could take a beating as good as any, given the many times (as kids) her sisters [and herself] would heckle the pale, kind-hearted Julia.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The pale wolf stopped moving about, thinking maybe Hydra was resting somewhere, not wanting to be disturbed. She was starting to think, maybe she should turn back around. Maybe Hydra hd forgotten about their lesson. That was before she felt something hit her from behind. 

She almost tipped, and quickly whirled around once she regained her balance, almost ready to shout at whomever had made her jump and give a little scream. When she saw it was Hydra, she could only narrow her eyes and shake her head. "Why'd you scare me again?" she asked, not pouting as usual this time. "You know I don't like it, Hydra. I hate it."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra blinked at her sisters words, and scoffed. Lesson one, Korei—the enemy does not care for what you like or dislike in battle. Our newest member, Rannoch, was attacked by a wolf who caught him completely unawares. So our sisters and I will continue to sneak up on you until you show more care for your surroundings, truth be told, Hydra knew that of their sisters it was Korei Julia who could be taken the most advantage of. In knowing this, and in knowing what she did of their adversary, she would have to take care not to care for Julia's preferences. That madman would certainly seek to catch any one of their ilk off guard. 

Lifting herself taller, Hydra said, I told you I would teach you to fight. I also want you to know how to defend yourself. After a beat, she complimented: You were able to maintain your footing before, that's good Julia—if you can, you always want to stay on your feet.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was ready to retort as soon as Hydra began to speak to the white wolf. Then, she stopped herself from doing so as she realized that Hydra had a point after all. Though when she heard that the other sisters would be sneaking up on her, she was not fond of that idea. "You're all going to...but that's not-" She shut her mouth. It was for her own good. She murmured under her breath something that her sister wouldn't hear.

"I...thank you. I thought you would have...have forgotten" she finished quietly, thinking at first that saying that might offend her. She thought no one liked being called forgetful. 

"So...what's my first lesson for today, sis?" she asked, before she went on to say what she had tried to teach herself. "I've tried with kicking at tree stumps, biting branches and...well, I found headbutting hurts."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was good that KJ quieted. Fairness had no part of it in the wilds, Hydra had learned through Rannoch. And she would not allow her sister to become the victim of it. At her sisters murmuring, Hydra snapped: say it for me to hear, or don't say it at all, with her ears thrusting forward. She became irate at the fact that her sister might have anything negative to say in regards to her assistance—Hydra wanted to help, after all. She was giving Korei Julia more time than any other would.

As to what she said next, Hydra shook her head. Of course not. Do you think I would want to see you hurt? Not by the hands of any stranger, anyway. Korei Julia was under the protection and possession of the cerberus. While she was an Omega among the triplets, they would never harm her or let her be harmed. Hydra was quite thankful for Korei, truthfully—she was a great outlet for her frustrations.

Kicking won't do much against an opponent, except maybe if you're beneath them and can hit the stomach. That's a vulnerable area. But you never want to end up on your back in the first place, she warned. Headbutting—what did you headbutt? I wouldn't advise that. It could disorient you, if you miss your mark and hit something else. And then the other wolf has the upper hand. Even if you hit the other wolf, a headbutt won't do too much, she explained.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She paused for a while at Hydra's response, then gave her own. "Not fair...I was going to say not fair" she said quietly. But she knew, fighting would not be fair. It was a factor between life and death, knowing how to fight. And Korei needed to learn that.

She was very touched by Hydra's next words, and that showed in her face. Sure, her sister had been mean to Korei many times, at least in her own eyes. She couldn't help but smile toward her Cerberus sister.

"So...biting is the only effective method I know?" She felt a bit...well, as if she was not doing near as well as she had hoped. As if she was already failing. "Uh....a tree trunk..." she answered, her ears dropping in an ashamed fashion. She now thought it was very stupid, now that she thought about it. It was more like something a deer would try.