Moonspear all i heard, all that sound.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Joining 
Tagged a couple peeps, but all welcome! I went ahead and marked this as joining, since I know that's where we'll end up :D

Her heart was hammering in her chest when she stepped towards the borders of the pack's territory. The scent was faint - so faint, she couldn't even be sure that it was him or just her longing playing tricks on her. But, even if it wasn't him, Moonspear had been part of her plan from the beginning. They were allies of the Vale, and so she was hopeful that they may have some information about either of the brothers she sought. She didn't know what she would do if they had nothing for her, and out of self-preservation, she wouldn't allow her thoughts to go there yet.

She stopped a respectful distance from the territory, gazing out at the slopes. The memory of her conversation with Charon came to mind, in spite of her anxiety over @Rannoch. Her eyes slid up to the highest peaks thoughtfully, wondering if he'd actually climbed up there to see what the stars smelled like. Liffey recognized the comment now as being a silly, childish thing. But still, she wondered.

The Blackthorn tilted her head to the sky and howled, hoping @Charon might be the one to come and greet her, even though she doubted he would even remember her.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya was patrolling with @Hydra when the call rang out. The two girls shared a look of anticipation before heading off toward the sound, Hydra just in front until they reached the borders and saw that it was only a girl. The girl, in fact, that Cypress had helped them to rescue once upon a time. Although Cypress had not shown the girl any undue affection, Alya was still slightly suspicious if the lighter shewolf, and was getting to an age where her instincts demanded that she repel other females from her territory. Mother and triplets aside, she'd taken to these urges with gusto.

After a quick exchange of glances with Hydra, the girl stepped forward to take the stage. "Hi, Liffey," she greeted, her voice friendly enough. "Are you here about my dear cousin Rannoch?"

Purposefully, Alya phrased this in such a way that she could take possession of the grey-cloaked male - he belonged to the Cerberus, and Alya wanted this Liffey character to know that.
i can't help but be my own god
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was silent as she waited, staring stoically at the horizon until finally, she spotted a pair of dark shapes approaching. She shifted her posture to one of respect and friendliness. After all, Moonspear was an ally and the alpha an old friend - one whose friendship she was likely naively overestimating. Soon enough, the shadows revealed themselves to not be Charon, but that didn't mean the faces were unfamiliar.

Two of the black wolves that had saved her life that day materialized before her, and Liffey smiled broadly to greet them. She recognized Hydra, having spent some additional time with her after the incident. The one who stepped forward to speak was one of the other two. And since Liffey wasn't confident that she knew which one it was, she sidestepped speaking the name out loud. Not a difficult thing to do when the girl dropped a second name - one that made her heart leap straight up into her throat.

"Rannoch?" she said, feeling her heart pounding in her veins, "He's here?" Liffey glanced at their faces, completely missing the possessive cue in Alya's phrasing. "He's safe? Is he alright?" she asked, her smile broadening and then faltering slightly as she considered what this could mean. What reason was there for him to be here? Why would he not come home? Her mind was quickly drawing conclusions, most of them quite worrying. She looked between the sisters eagerly, her breath hitching as she waited for their answer.
~•~
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya smiled sweetly at the other girl. "Rannoch decided to join Moonspear," she said simply, e'd
exchanging a quick look with her sister in order to verify that this was the version of the truth they wanted to go with. "I guess he figured you could handle the pack well enough on your own," she hinted, giving the girl a significant look.

She liked Liffey well enough - as much as she liked any rival females, these days - but Rannoch was theirs, now, and no matter how much Alya postured, Liffey still seemed like a threat to that claim. Hopefully, @Charon or @Amekaze would show up soon to reign in their mean-spirited spawn.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
In the end, Alya offered an answer to only one of the questions she'd asked. Liffey stared at the other girl, confusion written plainly upon her face. He decided to join Moonspear? She glanced from one dark face to the other, her anxiety stilling as she finally recognized the current underlying the other female's words. Her features fell as she recognition hit her, but not because she at all suspected that what Alya claimed was true, but because she knew that it wasn't, and for some reason, these two were lying to her.

Liffey had never been great at social interactions, and she had always been nervous regarding conflict of any kind. In this, though, she felt completely calm as she looked again at Alya and responded. "That's true enough," she replied, confidence glinting in her voice, though she frowned, "Though I'm still confused. Why would he join your pack? Meaning no offense, of course, but he is a leader and he worked very hard to find a home for all of us." She paused, a note of uncertainty sending the tiniest of splinters into her confidence before she added, "...Is Cypress here too?"

She scented no trace of him, and it didn't seem likely.. But Liffey truly was a kind-hearted creature, and deep down, she yearned to give the benefit of the doubt to these girls. It was inconceivable that Rannoch would abandon the Vale and join Moonspear for any reason at all, but there was one exception to this truth: Cypress. If he was here and he needed his brother for any reason, then Rannoch would be here too, and that would be the one situation that would lend truth to what the sisters were telling her.

In spite of how it would hurt to know Rannoch had completely abandoned her for his brother, the Blackthorn found herself hoping that was the case. It would mean that her former saviours were not lying to her now, and more important, that Cypress was safe - a worthwhile trade, in her opinion.
~•~
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya let out a huff, her subterfuge having been sussed out right away. Besides that, the girl brought up a related sore point for the dark girl. Though she hadn't been terribly faithful or attentive to the absent Cypress's memory, she still cared a great deal more for him than most other wolves outside her family. Now that she knew he was family, she felt even worse.

"He hasn't been here in months," Alya replied, some of her sweet facade falling to reveal her highly irritated and mildly distressed interiror. "Hy went to you pack to tell everyone what happened. You weren't there," she continued, her voice slightly accusing even though it was obvious why Liffey hadn't been in at the time.

One more glance was exchanged with Hydra. Alya let out another huff. If they got on Liffey's bad side, it might come back to bite them. "You'd better follow us," she decided, though Alya herself moved to walk beside the greyling girl, so that the two of them could follow Hydra to where @Rannoch was still recovering.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Oh. Well. There went that.

Liffey's heart dropped to hear that Cypress was not here. For one brief moment, she thought she had found both of her wayward packmates. Truth be told, if she had to have only one, she preferred it be Rannoch. She still felt remorse for his continued absence, but it paled in comparison to what she would have felt had the roles between the brothers been reversed. She was oblivious to the fact that the girl who spoke to her actually felt the opposite. It would have made her feel more charitable now that she was convinced that these wolves who had once saved her life were now lying to her face.

Fortunately, the Blackthorn was not as explosive as her mother. She kept the hurt and anger she felt tucked away, instead thinking only of Rannoch and her need to be reunited with him. She said nothing at the accusation that she hadn't been at the Vale when Hydra had gone there. She hadn't been there, and there was no reason to defend her reasons for that fact being true. She simply looked at the girl, hoping desperately that something would happen to change the tides... She was so close.

Liffey tried not to react when Alya suddenly caved and beckoned her to follow into the pack territory, but it was difficult to restrain her surprise. She wasted no time to follow, falling easily into respectful submission as her interrogater slid into step beside her. She gave the girl a glance that spoke of gratitude, but kept her tongue still. There was tension in her shoulders that spoke of her anxiety and uncertainty in her decision to obey, but there was really no option here for her - if there was even a 10% chance that they were actually bringing her to Rannoch, she'd take it, even if the other 90% was that they were walking her to a lake where they were going to drown her. And she was well aware that they totally could.
~•~
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Although drowning Liffey came briefly to mind, Alya did not deviate from the path that would lead them to Rannoch. She was not a woman of her word in any sense, and had no qualms about lying or betraying those that meant as little to her as Liffey - but Rannoch was theirs, now, and it would be easier on everyone if he wasn't angry at them for drowning his friend.

"He's still healing, so you'll have to be gentle with him," said Alya in her best Lyra voice, stopping just before the cave where @Lyra had been tending toward their cousin. After making sure Liffey understood this, the dark girl stepped aside, allowing the two grey wolves to finally reunite.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
With each passing day, Rannoch's recovery slowly progressed. Though he was getting out and about more often, the turquoise-eyed Iota's pain was still consistent. The once-tender flesh of his gullet was now stiff; the side effect of the gnarly scar that formed along the width of his throat. Rannoch still found that most activities were either difficult or winded him quickly and whenever either of these outcomes occurred, he found himself back in the den with a stern scolding from Lyra. 

He needed to pace himself, she had urged. 
He needed to rest, she persisted. 

Despite his better judgement, which wholeheartedly agreed with Lyra's recommendations, Rannoch found himself wanting to push himself harder so that he could slip away for a day. Since consciousness had reclaimed his being, he had found himself with a piece of his heart missing, and he knew who could fit perfectly into the void: Liffey. Since Hydra had reported that she had not been at the Vale, Rannoch had been worried sick about her. Though it was plausible that she had merely been out scouting, as she had done when they both lived at the Vale, Rannoch worried that Vaati had gotten her, too. He would find himself awake at the most peculiar hours of the night, fretting away about where she was and what she was doing. Rannoch missed her more than he did Cypress, more than his former pack and he knew that before he could feel normal again, he would have to find her. 

But, somehow, before he had been able to recover fully, she had found him. 

He had been with @Hydra before finding himself too tired to carry on in that instance, and within minutes of parting ways with the Beta, he found himself asleep. It was only with near-by voices roused him from his sleeping that the former Alpha opened his eyes to discover what all the commotion was about. In that moment, in which Rannoch caught sight of Liffey at his doorstep, that he lost his breath for a moment as he looked to the fire-eyed woman. 

"Liffey?" he croaked incredulously, his voice much rougher than she would have recalled. It was as though he was lucidly dreaming and he felt he would wake in a matter of minutes to realize that it had been all but a dream. But even with this suspicion, Rannoch knew that he couldn't hesitate any longer and that he needed to see for himself whether or not she was real. 

Quickly, albeit weakly, he stood and headed in her direction as the once-gentle rapt of his heart intensified. As he drew nearer, and her familiar scent grew stronger, Rannoch started to doubt the likeliness of this occurrence being nothing but a dream. This had to be real, he told himself, and soon he believed it to be true; he was awake and what was going on was real. At this realization, a low whine, which brought pain to his expression, crept out of his mouth. But, despite the pain, he couldn't help himself; he had missed her so damn much. 

"Liffey!" a rush of emotion overcame him, and he pushed himself out of the foyer of the den and towards her passionately. His tail whipped at his haunches, and his ears fell as he slunk towards her with nothing but love in his eyes. Once Rannoch was before her, he boldly pushed his nose to the soft velvet of her pale cheek as he drank in the scent he had longed for, and it was from these comforts in which he found himself carried away by the moment. 

"Oh, Liffey, I missed you so much," he confessed, his voice hitched by the pain that talking caused him. He slid his nose up towards her ear so that he could confess to her what he had been holding in for so long; what their time apart had made him realize. "I love you so much, Liffey and I'm so glad you're here." his voice was quiet as these words were only for her. 

For now, the Cerebus went unnoticed as he found himself swept away in the sweet symphony of their reunion.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
When the howl sounded Charon wasn't near enough to respond. He hoped that his mate or one of his daughters would heed the call. It just so happened that he was nearby Rannoch though, and so when he saw Alya slip in with someone he didn't know just as he passed by Charon was quick to follow them.

Just as some sort of happy reunion was going on Charon entered. He looked from wolf to wolf until he reached the girl. He knew her... But what was her name? It was something short and simple, ah — "Key! What are you doing here?" There wasn't any malice in his voice, for he remembered their meeting being pleasant. She smelled different than the last time they'd met. She was older than the last time they'd met. He still had no idea what the fuck she was doing in his pack, but he doubted she was a threat, and considering Rannoch's happiness he could only guess they were friends and that was what she was here for.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The unfamiliar howl, for some reason, caused Lyra's stomach to churn with anxiety. She had been away from the den and far from the borders, and the sudden uneasiness she felt urged her to not head in the direction of the howl. She had no idea why, but her instinct was telling her the howl was bad news. However, she knew whoever they were would be swiftly met and subsequently dealt with either by her parents or fellow sisters. Taking her time to gather the plants she had been out looking for, the girl scooped them up in her jaws and slowly headed back up to where she had left Rannoch.

Lyra's heart almost skipped a beat as she made it up the crest of the hill, only to be greeted with the sight of a foreign, grey-furred girl within their borders rushing towards Rannoch. His words were only a further twist of the knife. She dropped the plants to her feet, ignoring even Charon as he appeared, hackles flaring as she cast a enraged glare over to her sisters. She couldn't help but feel slightly betrayed by them. Why hadn't they said that Rannoch wasn't here? She knew of Alya's own feelings of possessiveness of the boy.

However, the fury, she quickly realised, was entirely misplaced. Her gaze, alight with jealousy, focused then on Rannoch and this girl who almost looked familiar, somehow (but Lyra ignored that). That fact that she really had only known the darker man for a few weeks at most escaped her mind. The thought that he might not even like her was not something she acknowledged. And while what she had said was mostly out of concern, her forceful words that he shouldn't stray from the den were also so she could spend a little while longer with him. Now, someone else had entered the picture. Hot, angry tears welled and the girl backed up before walking behind Hydra and Alya, giving them a quick look to say that she wasn't angry at them. She was angry at the couple before them. Rannoch was her patient no longer.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
*slaps a 300 page novel on here as a reply*

Under any other circumstance, Liffey would have been thrilled to be seeing a new territory, especially one inhabited by a foreign pack. She would have peppered the sisters with questions, mentally logging each answer right alongside the landmarks and paths she was mapping in her head. As it was, the tension between her and the sisters and her anxiousness to see Rannoch distracted her thoughts completely. Seconds seem to stretch to hours as they walked, and all the while Liffey's brain was at work trying to figure out what was going on here. Why had they lied? Why would Rannoch have chosen to stay? And if he was here, why would he not have come to the borders to greet her himself?

The latter two questions prepared her for what she saw marring the frame of her beloved friend. The former wouldn't become clear until ...Well, it didn't even make sense to her after Lyra arrived. But we'll get there.

The trio came to a stop after what seemed like ages. Liffey glanced at Alya as the girl warned her to be careful with Rannoch - a comment that prompted a terrible, clenching feeling in her gut as it simply confirmed what she dreaded already. She turned to step towards the den, fear for what she was about to see squeezing her airpipes shut. She'd barely taken that step when the sound of her name whispered by the voice she'd been so desperate for brushed softly against her ears.

"Rannoch," she breathed as she pressed urgently forward. He came out to meet her, looking weak and ragged but somehow more handsome and wonderful than she ever had seen him before. She remembered Alya's warning only in the last few seconds before Rannoch reached her when she stopped and allowed herself to be swept into his embrace. Her tongue eagerly swept across his nose, a cheek, his neck, shoulder - whatever bit of him she could reach as she melted into his arms and breathed his scent deeply, all the while whining with happy ecstasy as her mind sang the same words over and over again in her ears - thank goodness, thank goodness, thank goodness.

There was movement around them, but Liffey didn't notice at all. She was entirely focused on the movement of Rannoch's muzzle towards her ear and the words he spoke softly to her then. It was a conclusion that she too had come to while searching for him. Or maybe before that. When later she considered it, she'd realize it had happened the moment he first stepped out of her sight at the Vale, and even that might not be entirely accurate. Happy tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she smiled and pressed herself more firmly into his embrace. "I love you too," she said quietly back in a tone that spoke of the massive relief she felt in that moment - a tone that changed quite abruptly a few seconds later as a stern expression swept across her face and she pulled away from him to look him squarely in the eyes. "Don't you ever do that again."

It was then that Liffey's attention finally shifted. The sisters were there still, she discovered - with another one in their midst. A weirdly angry one... She glanced only briefly at the new girl before her attention settled on a more familiar, more friendly face. She smiled at Charon, heat rising to her cheeks as he called her by the name she'd given him that day. She'd completely forgotten about that, and was quick to explain. "Charon!" she replied happily, sliding out of Rannoch's arms to slip into a position at his side. "It's Liffey, actually. Sorry.. Key was a nickname I was trying out because.. I don't know, I was a stupid kid - I thought it made me sound cool," she explained, dipping her muzzle demurely as though her humility was weighing her down by the tip of her nose.

"I came looking for Rannoch, actually," she continued, leaning gently into his shoulder and glancing at him. She flinched as she finally spotted the livid wounds upon his neck and felt her blood run cold. Fortunately, she was an excellent compartmentalizer, and merely looked back at Charon to continue her explanation. "I thought as allies of the Vale, you might know of his whereabouts. Alya and Hydra met me at the borders and let me know that I was correct in my thinking. They were kind enough to escort me in to see him."

The Blackthorn glanced once more towards the cerberus, giving them a grateful nod, though they were clearly distressed about this entire thing. Instinct warned her to be wary, but another warned her not to react as she was standing in their territory and so she needed to remain respectful and submissive in spite of the tension. Charon's presence (and to a different extent, Rannoch's) was a great help to the hold she had on her calm, for she was confident that as long as the alpha did not turn on her, the sisters would not act on their aggression. Hopefully that would last.
~•~
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Everyone seemed to converge at once. Not just Liffey and Rannoch, but Lyra and Daddy as well. And, let it be noted: Alya is dynamic. She likes the perilous situations she and her sisters sometimes land themselves in - the more dangerous, the better to brag about later on. But this benefits no one, and the only consolation is that Lyra understands that this is not their fault.

But it might be Daddy's. When the pale male (so adored by his triplets!) greeted the weak and terribly ugly Liffey with something akin to affection, Alya could only stare at her father in shock and dismay. "Daddy!" The girl cried out in indignation, half question and half accusation. Didn't he understand? Shock and dismay that quickly turned to hurt and betrayal, and - finally - white-hot, whip-cracking anger.

She looked to the beta for direction, now, unable to meet her father's eyes. Hydra made a quick decision and ushered her sisters from the scene, knowing that there was nothing more to be done, here.
Cerberus out! Also, Liffey is gorgeous and incredible. <3
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch wanted nothing more than to stay as they were forever; locked in their embrace. Though it wouldn't have made for a very eventful existence, he was confident that this life would have been a  happy one. The situation only sweetened as his affections were returned in full and it was at this moment that he felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes, finding himself happier than he had ever felt previously. He pulled her closer then, finding himself mirroring his beloved as he attempted to cover every inch of her in kisses. When Liffey pulled back, Rannoch did the same as he met the heat of her pointed look. "I'll never do that again," he agreed quickly, knowing that he would ask her to accompany her on such jaunts in the future. 

The arrival of Charon disrupted their utopian-like moment, but, despite the moment escaping them both, Rannoch rode out his high. To show his respect to the figure of authority, Rannoch dipped his head as a look of bashfulness overcame him. He usually wasn't one for PDA, Rannoch felt as though this moment was an exception and would be understandable to all of those who were involved in the gathering. With his attention to the conversation between Liffey and Charon, which brought about questions that Rannoch would save for another day, he hardly noticed the Cerebus' reaction to this reunion. 

The shrill exclamation of Alya's dissatisfaction with Charon drew his attention to the triplets, and it was only then that he realized that something was wrong. His attention gravitated to Lyra, who looked to be on the verge of tears, and he looked to her confusion as he wondered what had happened. Rannoch was oblivious to the crush that she had developed and, as such, couldn't see what had upset her. Soon enough, the three sisters were corralled by Hydra and taken from the scene. Though he didn't want them to go, as he had no idea just what had happened, he watched on with an unsettled expression and a pang in his gut; feeling as though his mood had flopped significantly in such a short period of time.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
A lot happened in an incredibly small timeframe. Charon didn't even notice anyone was upset at first as Key introduced herself as Liffey and explained it was a nickname she no longer used. That explained a lot, since Rannoch had asked for Liffey, before. Charon was distracted from the conversation by his daughter's indignant cry and he turned towards her, feeling a mixture of anger that she would shout to him in such an emotional manner in front of others and confusion because he didn't understand what suddenly posessed his girl.

That Lyra was upset was another detail that went totally unnoticed as he watched Hydra usher the pair of them out before he could even ask for further detail.

As they were gone he blinked and said, "Well, that was weird." It was the first time he remembered ever even thinking any of his children had done anything strange. "Anyway — Rannoch told me about you. I guess you're here to stay?" He decided to just toss the subject in, since it was one they needed to address sooner or later. Rannoch had decided to stay in Moonspear, so Charon assumed his, well, good friend would likely want to stay too.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The outcry from Alya was startling, to say the least. She looked at the three black sisters, confused and a little hurt at the way they were regarding her. They had saved her life once, but all she had received from them today was disdain and anger. Standing at Rannoch's side after so long, it was hard to feel overly bothered by their behavior. Still, a splinter pressed into her heart that would remain for her to focus on long after the high of her loving reunion had settled.

There was nothing for it now anyway. Hydra herded the other two girls away, leaving her with Rannoch and Charon. She glanced at her former alpha with ears falling back, then looked to Charon as he commented on his packmates' - No, his daughters' - behavior. She hadn't realized before that they were related, and that fact would have unsettled her had Charon not so quickly shown that he thought their attitudes strange as well. She was thankful when he disregarded them and continued to be perfectly friendly towards her. Her hammering heart settled. She felt safe again.

"I.. suppose I am," Liffey responded with a glance towards Rannoch. It didn't take a healer to see that he was in no condition to travel, and there was no way in hell she was leaving him in this pack by himself, surrounded by lunatic yearlings, even though said lunatics were probably planning to murder her right now for whatever reason. "I'm certainly not letting this one out of my sight again, if I can help it," she said after a beat, showing more confidence, "Is it alright if I stay? I don't want to be a burden. I won't be one."

She would give Moonspear everything she had ever given to the Caldera and the Vale. Liffey had been tempted by this pack once before when she was still a puppy in the eyes of adults, and that had never really gone away. She'd been thrilled to find the Vale of course, but it no longer mattered to her. It had really been about Rannoch all along, and if he was here, then she was too.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Charon was the one to comment on the Cerebus' peculiar behavior and, despite his concern, Rannoch found himself nodding in agreement as he turned his attention back to the Alpha. Whatever was going on the triplets was strange. But, even with his worry, there was nothing that could be done about it now. 

Instead, the remaining three wolves went on to talk about Liffey and her intentions. With interest and heat growing in his cheeks, he stayed silent as the two talked about her staying at Moonspear. In a show of his agreement in regards to not losing him again, Rannoch pressed himself closer, as if silently agreeing that he wanted the same.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded after Liffey had spoken. She promised not to be a bother, and he assumed that she would make good on that promise. "You'll be fine as long as you pull your weight around here." He glanced over to Rannoch, who was not yet in any position to be pulling his own weight, let alone that of the rest of the pack. "And the same is expected of Rannoch, once he gets better." Charon wasn't intending to let him return out into the wilds if he could, feeling it was unsafe there and wanting to protect Eshe's son when she was no longer in any position to.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The way Charon had phrased the question had suggested her acceptance was already a done deal, and so she didn't feel too much anxiety in the seconds before he responded. Still, Liffey felt a weight lift off of her shoulders when her place in the pack was confirmed. She felt Rannoch press closer and leaned into his side, soaking up the joy of simply being able to touch again, even in such a seemingly inconsequential way. She had found him, and she was going to get to stay by his side.

Liffey nodded in response to Charon's words. She glanced at Rannoch with a small smirk before adding, "I'll try to help pick up his slack." She knew she didn't have the skills her ........friend....... did when it came to fighting or hunting. Actually, she was far better at hunting when Rannoch wasn't with her, so perhaps it was a good thing that he wouldn't be able to join her in those endeavors for the time-being. "Thank you, Charon," she said, looking back at the alpha and dipping her muzzle, "Your trust means a lot to me. And thank you also for looking after this guy for me." She bumped her shoulder gently against Rannoch's.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
When Charon went on to elaborate what was expected of them, Rannoch nodded. But, before he could agree with the terms, Liffey swiftly intervened with a statement that caused a gentle blush to dapple his pale cheeks. It had been long since he had felt such a rush and, admittedly, Rannoch quickly realized how much he had missed this feeling. 

"I'll pick up my slack as soon as possible," the Iota vowed with a smile once Liffey was done speaking. In his downtime, Rannoch had already been thinking of ways that he could pull his weight, and he was eager to set his ideas into motion. 

"And, yes, thank you for allowing Liffey to join us," he said while offering the Alpha a dip of his head. "It means a lot to me." 
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded at Liffey and Rannoch and decided, "Alright. I'll leave you two be for now." He smiled briefly at them and then he left the cave, assuming they needed nothing else of him. Only once he had left Charon began to wonder what his daughters were up to and why Alya had been acting so strange, but soon it left his mind again and he decided to go for a quick hunt after which he'd share his finds with his younger children.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
closing this up!

Liffey was grateful to Charon for allowing her a place in the pack, and even more so when he excused himself and left her alone with Rannoch. She stepped away from him and settled her eyes upon his handsome face, her smile full of warmth and affection. ”I missed you,” she said softly as she leaned in to place a kiss upon his cheek. She ushered him inside the cave then, intent upon spending the evening snuggled up, filling each other in on what had happened in their time apart, and further discuss this new future they had begun together.
~•~