Blackfeather Woods ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Not yet. First, she'd wait a while. To make sure Vaati, and the rest of the maniacs that lived in this place didn't suspect she was capable of it. She ought to play weak, she supposed, listless. A few days from now, that's when she'd make her move. It shouldn't be too hard to find her way out of this place, not if she chose one direction and stuck with it. She'd come here from the south; so she'd head north, they wouldn't expect that. Then it was a matter of hiding her trail (which she wasn't sure exactly how to do) and keeping well away from any who tried to follow her. And if they caught up...if they caught up, she'd be ready.

Cassiopeia was damp, hungry, and stiff, aching from various hurts. The cave was dismal, and she thought she'd go mad if she had to stare at the stone any longer. The only thing to do was plot, and imagine various scenarios in which she ripped Vaati apart, and stay away from whoever else was in this cave with her. She lay near the entrance, now, expression a steely mask as she pictured yet again just what she would do to that pale boy.
@Aries
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Thanks for starting!

The boy had no set direction in mind as he walked, but soon enough he began to realise his paws were taking him to the place in the Woods he had yet to explore. The den, that den - the one that contained captives. He had always been curious, knowing that inside was someone. There had been someone who arrived recently after he did, Neo had always smelled a stranger inside the cave, but he'd never gone close enough to see. Now, however, he decided he was going to. The boy came closer, and closer still, but halted in his tracks when he caught a scent that he distantly recognised. It was one he'd pushed out of his mind, focusing instead on his new life here at Blackfeather. One where he felt he really belonged. But this scent, it drew him closer. He padded forward cautiously, taking a breath before raising his head and tail and then sticking his head inside. Whoever was inside - they were a prisoner. He needed to remember that. 

It took a moment for his eyes to focus in the dark of the cave, but the Spiderling froze when his gaze fell upon a figure near to him at the entrance. The scent - it comes from them. Could it be? With his breath held, Neo waited, watched, wondering how long it would take for him to be noticed. He lowered himself onto his haunches, trying to remember where the scent came from. Who did he know with this scent?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her thoughts were disrupted by the pale figure that suddenly stood at the mouth of the cave. Hatred uncoiled from its resting place in her chest, and words did not take long to burst from her maw. "Back again? If I didn't know better; I-" but the spitfire suddenly fell silent when the scent caught up with her, and she realized that this wasn't Vaati; this one lacked the size and arrogance of stance. Suddenly unsure, she rose, bristling silently. Vaati offered a kind of peculiar comfort that stemmed from being the only face she knew and recognized in this place. She even knew the full strength of his wraith, and there was less uncertainty when faced with him than any other in this wretched place. She did not recognize the boy before her, the brother before her, but her hard gaze and stance spoke a clear enough message. What do you want. 
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He almost laughed at her words - the cut off sentence. She had mistaken him for someone else, it was clear. He did not really care, to be honest, but she looked so familiar, and her scent was one he recognised. Who was she? He had to know. There was this hazy memory in his mind - one that included her, but why he could not figure out. The very idea of this misplaced memory seemed to mock him - it drove him insane. "What's your name?" Neo inquired quite suddenly, with a perhaps harsh tone but there was curiousity sparkling in his eyes. He needed answers.

While he waited for an answer, the Spiderling took a moment to glance at her coat, seeing if it might bring back any thoughts. Again, he recognised it, but still could not figure out why, or where from. So infuriating it was. Even her eyes, emerald green, sparked something within him, begging for him to remember, but he just couldn't. He hated that. The boy flicked his tail, frowning as he fought to bring back whatever memories he had buried, simply so that he could stop this constant, irritating prod at his mind.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He is younger, he surmises, than Vaati, but just how young she cannot tell. Young enough, however, than to sound less intimidating and act less than her captor. It was this that had her make her next move, based on the belief that what she wanted just might be possible with this one. "I'd be more inclined to tell you if I had something other than carrion to eat,"  she said haughtily, gaze fixed on him. She'd hardly make the same demand of Vaati, but nor would she divulge her name very easily. It was one of the things that belonged to her in this place, one of the things under her control. And she'd keep it that way; though she just might offer it for something better to eat than rats and day-old carcasses.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He narrowed his eyes at her request, tail twitching in slight irritation. A name was all he requested - all he needed, but no. He supposed her wish was something easily achievable, but still he was not sure he wanted to give her the satisfaction of being able to get him to do something for her. "You are not in much of a position to suggest such a thing," Neo muttered, flicking an ear back. He hesitated for a moment. "Though I suppose just this once - but you must tell me more than just your name. You must tell me where you came from, too." He did not give her space to argue. Instead, he sent a warning glare her way, making sure she would not try anything, and then padded to the nearest cache. He picked out a decent (not overly small, but not overly large either) size rabbit and carried it to the den, but kept it firmly under his paw.

"Tell me first, then you can have it." Perhaps she might think the Spiderling was lying, but he was not. He might be an asshole sometimes, but he did not intend to withold the fresh kill from her, if she was willing to give him the answers he desired, first. Hopefully she could see the twinkle of curiousity in his eyes, that longing to know who she was and put his mind to rest at last. "I give you my word I am not lying to you." The boy added for good measure. After all, if he was in the same position she was, well, he'd probably not be so trusting either. "I guess I'll tell you my name in return, too, though perhaps it will not matter to you."
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She allows a smug smile to tug at her muzzle moments after the boy leaves, her slight manipulation having her feel that she wasn't completely helpless, not here, not yet. He is quick to return with a hare, and her maw waters, gaze glinting with sharp hunger. Her annoyance when he speaks is palpable, and her expression showers, but faced with the rabbit, she can't bring herself to endanger receiving it at all. "Cassiopeia. Moonspear." comes her words, quick and sharp, gaze fiery as it rests on the boy. "I don't care what you call yourself" she retorted, though the information perhaps would come in handy, and she wouldn't mind getting more from her small deal.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Though he clearly knew this wolf - where from he could not yet tell - it didn't seem that he sparked any kind of recognition in her. Whoever he was to her, she did not remember. And to be honest, he didn't blame her. The memory of her was very much faded, and he didn't know who she was. He just knew that he knew her from somewhere. The scent, particularly, poked at him, and he decided then that he could not leave until he worked out who this girl was.

Cassiopeia. Moonspear. Moonspear was the one that struck him first. His old pack had not been forgotten, always a distant memory - a bad one, at that - but it had never gone completely. Yes, he knew Moonspear. Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia... Hmm. The boy flicked his tail, realising that his hesitation to give her the rabbit was probably annoying her greatly. He smirked at this, keeping the prey under his paw. Then, as he connected his gaze to hers, the boy realised. Cassiopeia... Cass. Cass - his sister. The one he'd grown up with. Ah.

He blinked in surprise at her, raising a brow. "Cass?" He said, quiet though a question as well as a statement. Was it really her? So long it had been since they last shared a word. With a jolt Neo wondered what his parents were doing now. He had so many questions, yet he needed her to confirm that it really was her, even though he was certain it was. What the heck was she doing here? The boy knew she was a prisoner, but why? "Why are you here?" He asked coldly, though there was a hint of curiousity ever present in his voice. He did not dislike his sister, but it had been so long. He wasn't sure he knew where their relationship stood. Or what he should say. So surprised was he that his sister was here, now, in his home. The one his parents had always despised.

Finally he nudged the rabbit over, deciding not to give his name just yet. Then again, even if he said it, he would not speak his true name. Nothing that could be used against him.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her expression froze over when he did not immediately hand over the rabbit, and her lips curled over her fangs as her gaze flashed. He repeated her name, shortened, and she spat out a single "Cassiopeia." She would not be called Cass; that was an affectionate nickname, and it sounded bitter in the maw of one of her wardens. His next question she did not answer until he finally shoved over the fresh kill, which she nabbed swiftly and lay protectively beneath her paw. She stared him down, already regretting giving her name. Gaze burning, she did not reply, simply fastened her jaws around the prey and dragged it back into the cave, not inclined to give out any more information if it bought her nothing. If the boy wanted to extend their conversation, he would have to follow her back into the cave, where she had already begun to scarf down the prey with her focus half-trained on the boy, half wishing that he would pursue her, if only to allow her reason to lay her claws against him. She needed some outlet for her hate, or at some point she'd simply explode with it.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He couldn't help but let out a short laugh at her aggressiveness. She did not recognise him, that much was clear. Perhaps it was his fault, having left so long ago with no explanation. He had probably been erased from her memory, purposefully or not. "Cass." He teased, cooing at her. His usual serious expression was more of a brotherly smirk, but of course he doubted she would see it as such.

The boy sat, watching the girl drag the meal into the darkness of the den with not a single other word. He found it amusing, to be honest, that they might find each other again in such a way. She was prisoner of the very wolves he had left Moonspear for. He flicked his ashen tail, comtemplating whether or not to follow her in. The Spiderling was still most curious, and although the words she had spoken to him satisfied his curiousity somewhat, he still wondered when she might realise it was him.

So he followed, not caring to hide his footsteps. He did not go too close as she ate, sitting at a polite distance and watching with mere interest. At last, he opened his jaws to speak again. "You have two brothers. Mother named Olive and father named Dakarai, yes?" Quiz her, he thought, maybe it'll make her realise. It was most fun to see how long it would take to jog her memory. Soon enough, surely, she would connect the dots.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He is close, too close. Her hackles prickle warily, but she ignores him, eating as if nothing were remotely wrong. She does not stop when he speaks, but her skin prickles and her gaze burns with cold poison, hating this boy for merely knowing these things about her. She wants to leap at him, hurt him, but settles for finishing the rabbit before staring at him, gaze full of angry intensity. "Correction. I have a dead father, two dead brothers, and a mother,"  she states blandly, not knowing if her father is truly dead, nor does she know about her brothers, but the moment they left her life by choice or accident, they were dead to her. 

" Cowards hide behind words. Whatever the hell you're trying to say, I don't particularly care." Another lie, for she did care; she might have wanted to leave the rest of her family in the past; and hardly cared about them, but her mother seemed so ethereal, so light, and she did not want for her to become entangled in this mess, no matter how much she longed to see her again. Her mind hinted at potentials for what this wolf had to say; though she focused on retaining her perfect stillness, not wanting to feel any interest in his words.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Neo was aware of her anger, that burning hate she held for either him or someone else she had encountered, it was not much of a secret. But he did not taunt her anymore, as his smirk was replaced with a sudden frown, and his face fell. Dead father. Dakarai... he was gone? Surely that could not be right. Surely that was a lie, a false statement simply woven to gauge his reaction - what had happened while he had been gone? He was wordless as his sister continued, but her last words were mostly disregarded, having little interest to him. Neo's expression was one of cold seriousness, all traces of his previously amused state absent. Now, now he was not laughing. The spiderling watched Cassiopeia with an icy glare, staring at her to pehaps see if she might be joking - but there was no trace of humour, not in her expression, nor in her eyes.

"He's dead?" He spoke quietly, though his words were as cold as his guise. The boy nibbled at the inside of his cheek, silenced again before shaking his head. "No, you're wrong. You don't have two dead brothers. Perhaps one, but not two." He was here. He was alive. The spiderling gave her an intense look, perhaps trying to calculate her reaction to his own words. Maybe she had figured it out already, perhaps she was denying it, or perhaps the youngster had simply changed so much in the last few months that his dark-coated sister simply did not recognise him anymore. 

Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her thoughts were confirmed, and her hate manifested into a tensing of her whole form, gaze poison. There was little use trying to act of logic, to sort through her emotions when the darkness and the silence would only confuse and incite them further. She knew that she'd rather her brother be gone from her life, buried forever like the boy he was, not one of her wardens. To his words, she was silent a beat, understanding now, and hating. "I can fix that," the star-strewn girl hissed, before she lunged towards him, fangs looking to rend and tear her brother's face. 

Should things come down to it, she knew that she would not be able to kill. Not anyone, not her brother. No matter how removed she was from the distant, fierce girl of the mountain she had been, no matter how her hate and the silence twisted her, she was incapable of taking it upon herself to end another's life. What may have been honour outside the Wood, twisted to weakness within.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Yay, #100 post for Aries! Not very spectacular, but hey ho xD

He had not expected her to lunge at him right after his statement, but of course he had been wary. It was not difficult to see how irritated she'd already been, and he supposed he couldn't blame her. He would most likely feel the same if he was in her position. Because he had already been aware of her anger, he luckily was on guard right as she responded with a hiss. Neo - Aries - jumped to the side just as Cassiopeia pounced with fangs poised to tear at his face. He growled at her, watching her closely - as if he were preparing to ambush prey. "And why would you want to do that?" He lashed his tail, scanning her face. Was she mad at him for leaving, or was it something else?

The Spiderling was tense and ready on his paws, preparing to spring away or charge back at her if needed. But to be honest, much as he loved fighting, he didn't really want to attack his sister. Why she was here, he did not know - of course, he knew she was a captive, but who brought her here and why? He might have left long ago, and they might not have the greatest relationship because of that, but he did not wish any harm upon his littermate. Even if he had become much darker, and effectively could be an ass, he was not one to ever want to bring any harm to his family or those he served.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Congrats! :D
He lunged aside, but she did not stop, didn't hear his words. She had set into motion, the moment she leapt, she had propelled less by motive and logic, and instead by overwhelming desperation and anger at those who called themselves her wardens. He wasn't the brother she had grown up with, he had changed, now, and was just another of the faces in the dark. If she could not flee, then she would fight. She whirled on him, in the close confines of the cave; he could not go far. She lunged for the thick fur of his shoulder, aiming to sink her teeth into it and cause as much damage as possible. If he sprung away, she would attack again, beyond words, now.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He realises quickly that she will not stop to listen to his words, so he decides that he would just have to stop her in a similar way that she was trying to get at him, only he will not aim to hurt her, only make her halt. Fighting would do neither of them any good, but especially not her. "Cas-" He was about to say, but stopped himself. Even if she had not heard, it was clear she did not want him calling her that and Neo did not wish to anger her even more. "Stop. Fighting will not help you - I'm not here to mock you, or fight. I'm not Vaati." He had come to a conclusion that it must have been Vaati - he could smell the other wolf on her, and it made his fur prickle. Even if his sister hated him, the Spiderling did not want to let the wolf who clearly disliked him harm his littermate. And even if he had come to mock the captive, or fight them, his plots had been crushed when he discovered who the said captive actually was.

Even as Cassiopeia lunged for his shoulder, the boy was ready. Instead of his last approach, however, Neo decided to face her. He charged, crashing into her as their bodies collided harshly. "If you wanted an apology from me - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you, father and mother without a word. I'm sorry, okay? I know I messed up." He hissed, hating saying the word sorry. Yes, he was arrogant, but he wanted his sister to stop, and he knew she deserved an apology, even if she did not want it. "I did not belong there," He paused "and I doubt you missed me much." He muttered under his breath, teeth flashing as he watched for the darker furred wolf's next move. No matter if he was unsuccessful, he would try and reason with her. Though even he sighed, deeming his attempts most likely pointless. The boy lashed his tail again, bracing himself for another attack.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Every time she lunges, she is met with air and words, something that frustrates her to no end. He is to be the target of her rage, not something that refuses to fit. Defeated solely by his refusal to engage, she moves back, hackles prickling and gaze glinting with frustration and fire. At the words messed-up, however, she snorted, almost letting slip a painful laugh.  "Messed up?  One brother kept by another pack, one leaving to join murderous maniacs. A dead father, a grieving, absent mother, and some idiot girl who got herself trapped in a godforsaken cave." Suddenly seeing her brother is more painful than she would admit, and the fire in her gaze sparks and dies. 

Quietly, she adds,  "We've all passed the point of 'messed-up', brother." She turns, no longer wanting to see the face of the brother she gave up so long ago, sliding back into the darkness of the cave, quickly swallowed by the shadows that have come to be so familiar.