Wheeling Gull Isle Sirens call
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 

The yearling had been watching the ocean for days, and noticed the bridge of sandy land going across to something she couldn't quite see. Being a curious little thing she had waited until the tides retreated again and sunk her paws into the sandy ground,making her way across to a smooth beach. She sniffed at the ground and was surprised to find various scents of wolves mixed in with the fishy, acrid stench that the sand had naturally. Lifting rose bud colored eyes she looked around her nose twitching as she sniffed the breeze, taking a few small tentative steps toward the treeline. There were enough scents here to tell her a pack called this island home. She had been searching for a home for a while now, and a pack that was surrounded by the ocean interested her.

Before she drew too close to the treeline and into the pack's territory she sat back on her haunches and set out a call, a musical tone summoning the leaders of the island to her. Her tail tappped a small pattern into the sand once she fell silent again, and excitement and nervousness filled her chest. Aminita was someone who never spoke unless it was absolutely needed, her voice when released was a whispery sort of thing weakened from lack of use. She saw no need for words when she could usually signal what she meant with noises and gestures.
dressed like a deer kills like a lion
65 Posts
Ooc —

*works on Ceallach's ambassador stuffs* <3 don't mind me!

Leader he definitely was not but still, Ceallach was drawn to the sound of the stranger's call. What he didn't expect was the way people would find them - those that washed up he'd understand, caught on a current, but the ones that chose to come to the isle it was different. Eventually Ceallach knew that the sand would be swallowed up by water again, the tide taking away the only method they'd had for freely getting onto and off the land. While he appreciated the fact that his younger siblings would be safe enough so long as they avoided the shore it still left Ceallach feeling almost...unsettled. He didn't want to explore much, choosing to stay towards the area around Hemlock's densite. 

He still turned away, a shift in his posture announcing that he had a status there - he was one of the sea wolves now, no longer the prince of the strath. He missed his home but he understood why his father and Hemlock had wanted to go. It wasn't the same with Lotte's voice, her boisterous songs and fables to guide them and ground them. As the male approached and neared the stranger his dusky eyes narrowed for a moment as he studied the stranger. He was now as tall as his father, his body starting to bulk with muscle. He'd never have the strength of Roarke, nor the physique of Mallaidh, but he was starting to resemble more adult than child. "Before long you'll lose the chance to make it safely for the mainland." He said evenly, equal parts warning and still the unsaid question remained. There was a purpose for the visit, the call had dictated enough even if Ceallach was the first to find the stranger. 

[Image: chronicler.gif], [Image: outrider.gif]
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
I'm going to make this a No order thread so that whenever Coel can jump in she doesn't have to wait. Or anyone other person that can make the decision to allow her in, or send her away

Awinita's eyes caught movement and she turned her head to watch the approach of a young man with a pelt much more interesting and eye catching than hers. He was obviously a good couple of months younger than her, yet he was bigger than her in size and muscle mass. Body proportions matched with the stern look in his fiery eyes made Awinita shrink down slightly, her head tucking back into her shoulders and tail giving short nervous twitches as it tucked against her rear the whole posture saying I am small,I am no harm to you, please don't hurt me. Vivid rose eyes lifted slowly to his eyes before she averted them to a safe spot on the left side of his face. She was spoken to, his words heeding a warning that she may not be able to make it back to the safety of the mainland but she already knew this. She had watched the tide rise and fall for several days, memorizing it's schedule for the most part. She had come across the land bridge to inspect what she thought was an empty island, but now she found wolves lived here and she was intrigued. She wasn't sure she wished to return to the mainland, If there was ever a pack for her to join it would be one by the ocean secluded in it's own special way.

"I know that sir. I was hoping I could stay?Her voice rose up from her throat the nature of it being Soft spoken and smoky, her native accent adding a sing songy rise and fall of fluctuation in the words. It felt odd to speak again. She wasn't mute by any means she simply chose not to use her voice, despite the pleasantness of it.
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The pack had grown in size indeed, but it had also grown quiet. There was little for Komodo to do — wild Coelacanth sightings were fleeting at best, Axolotl was no longer around to rabble rouse. There was no impending storm to elicit his ceremonies and the fish neither ran as they did in summer nor did the island’s fauna flourish and flutter. It was all simply quiet.

It was a nice change of pace after his recent bought of fugue wanderlust, but the Earthstalker was a man who grew bored of things and when he was bored, he had a tendency to move on. However, his dedication to Undersea, as it was, appeared to be unshakable. His place on this island was certainly divine intuited; and who was he to doubt the Gods, when they so clearly thrust his path before him?

But Komodo knew himself and knew his tendencies — knew this was something about him that could not [and would not] be changed. 

He occupied himself mostly by walking the shores of the island, both to survey the territory [and any would-be interlopers] and to fill his need of seawater therapy. The brackish water had grown on him, mostly from seeing how it nourished the others, and Komodo wanted some of that for himself. It was there that he heard the call, and he was not too far away. The man made quick time, but another Undersea wolf was quicker. He was young with a coat of mottled silver and charcoal, but Komodo did not find recognize his youthful face. It was no matter; and Komodo turned his attention to the stranger with striking eyes who shook nervously upon their lands

“That’s no way t’greet ah lady,” he burred, pulling up alongside the young man, but keeping a respectable difference. They did not know each other, but the pale girl did not need to be aware of that face. He dipped his chiseled head in a somewhat informal greeting. “What’s yer name?”

Komodo found himself, once more, in an enigma of leadership. There was a vacuum created when he left, the angakkuq knew, but Axolotl and Cascada has been there to cover his absence. They had left, it appeared, and Komodo knew enough to understand that Stockholm had stepped up to the plate. Komodo was pleased that the crop-eared brute felt responsibility enough to see Undersea through, but now the wayfarer had returned and he would not so easy cede his leadership potential. Perhaps a council could still be had.

“I’m Komodo,” he introduced, giving the girl a once-over and allowing a grin to break his exterior. “and this is…” Here Komodo left space for Ceallach to fill, using the inflection of his voice to pawn his unknowingness off as a simple transition of introductions.  
night clubs & night stalkers
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
So I decided to try to place Awinita in Ravensblood forest, though I do not know If it is open. For this thread I think I will have her change her mind and leave, though you both are welcome to continue this if you want until she has to leave

Awinita paused in her grovelling as yet another male approached, this one being larger than the first though he was also older. She kept her gaze focused on him as he came closer, and her ears perked to attention as he scolded the boy for greeting her in a bad way though Awinita didn't think Ceallach had done any harm in warning her that the sea would rise soon.

The thought struck her differently this time, the fact that she was risking being stuck on an island full of strange wolves without a way off until the tide went out again. Did she really want to just throw herself onto this island and waste the chance to explore and see what else was really out there? No she realized I don't want this....not yet. she thought and snapped out of her thoughts just as Komodo introduced himself and asked her name. He sounded like he was also going to introduce the boy who had first arrived, but then changed his mind waiting for the boy to speak his own name. How polite of him. What a gentleman. she thought and a small smile formed as she opened her maw, the smoky timbre of her feminine voice slipping out once more "Awinita. I....I had wanted to join you all here, but I am afraid I changed my mind." she said in a guilty tone.
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
posting out of order because I know things are busy for Sonia <3

Something had changed in the girl. Life was always changing, just as the vicissitudes of the tides — it was something natural and the girl could not be faulted for it.  “Was it something I said?” he grumbled with small laugh. Sometimes, his bluntness was not as endearing and charming as he imagined it to be.  Komodo only hoped this hadn’t been his own doing, rightfully discrediting the confidence he had displayed with the boy Ceallach.
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her ears flattened with guilt and she gave a small shake of her head "No sir, Not at all. I...simply wish to see the mainland before deciding whether it is here I wish to settle" she blurted out apologetically. She wished she wasn't such a ditz at times and could learn to make up her constantly changing mind. Always full of ideas and plans she would switch from one thing to another, landing on a single idea before a better one popped up and gathered her attention."It is beautiful here though and I would ultimately love to return" she said more graciously.
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
 The woman shrank a little at his joke, but explained herself honestly. She desired to see more of the mainland; and that was something the earthstalker could never fault someone for. Komodo nodded in understanding and continued to throw a burly smile at her, admiring the vivid redness of her eyes and her kittenish personality. “This island is home tw’all those who need it,” the man offered, confident in his taking lead of this situation despite his rank not being alpha. "Should yuh find yerself in need, we'll be here. But he’s right,” Komodo said with a gesture towards Ceallach. “ For’long, you’ll loose th’sandbar.” He bowed, knowing this interaction to be done. “Safe travels, ma’am.” and he exited to resume his patrol. Ceallach could safely see Awinita off the island, as was the duty of wolves younger than he.

fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Last post for Winni. I'll give a day or two before Archiving

Awinita was grateful that he seemed to understand her desire to explore more before settling down. She glanced over at the younger boy who had been silent the whole time she and Komodo had been talking and dipped her head with respect to him once more. "I'll be off then. Thank you both for being so kind, you are a great Alpha!" she directed the last comment toward Komodo, mistaking him for the leader here. With that being said she turned around and walked quickly back toward the sandbar to return to the mainland.