Moonspear three-headed menace
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
@Lyra !!! @Alya too if u want ; set a bit after the liffey/rannoch thread

Her sisters needed to calm down. Even she was irate with Alya's outburst, and when they were far enough away to be heard, Hydra hissed: never let the enemy know the way you feel, before she ranged away. After she herself had some time to think, Hydra sought out Lyra in particular: she knew her sisters heart was wounded, she felt it too, herself. This battle they faced, in their own home, would be a long and arduous one. She felt that perhaps Alya would know it was time to reconvene; such things did not need to be spoken. She sensed Lyra, and soon enough Hydra saw her. 

I know what you're thinking, she breathed, nosing her sister's cheek adoringly, but you cannot abandon your duty, Lyra. We have saved him; we will not abandon him. He will come to see that it is you who is better suited for him, she hummed, knowing these words would comfort her twin, not the girl who runs from wolverines. She snorted at that, her ears flicking as she lifted her head and laughed a little. Hydra didn't not like Liffey, truth be told, but when it came between the girl and her sisters... well...
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya had simply ducked her head in shame. She'd known as soon as the word left her mouth that it was the wrong thing to say, and the wrong way to say it. She would apologize to her father, and it would never happen again.

A tiny, innocent part of her - the part that'd thought her father could do no wrong - had died on this day. But she was not a child anymore, and even this realization was taken with a grain of salt. She was sure she'd disappointed her Lord father as well, and - even worse - the crowned princess. The middle head.

Her sister.

Alya reunited with the rest of the Cerberus at the Appointed Time, shooting Hydra a quick glance to broadcast her shame, and her plans for reconciliation. For now, though, Lyra was their main concern.

"He's blood," Alya agreed, her voice gentle and soothing.
i can't help but be my own god
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Hydra had led them away from the scene, but only moments after did Lyra veer off on her own; they all had to take some time to process things, shake off some of their fury. Hot, angry tears welled in her eyes as she stormed off through the forest, only coming to a stop when she was far enough away from the cause of her distress. Their distress.

That she was being selfish and entitled did not occur to her. As sweet as she could be, this was an unfortunate side effect to being raised a princess of Moonspear. All three sisters shared the sense of entitlement. Though Lyra in particular felt borderline possessive of the man she had tended to and this newcomer had just gone and ruined a beautiful relationship that was beginning to blossom. She felt her lip tremble again and sucked in a breath, whipping her head up at the sound of nearby footfalls.

The glint of anger in her eyes disappeared as she noticed it was her fellow triplets, and she accepted Hydra's nuzzle with a soft, affectionate growl. The leader of the trio was right. She was always right. Lyra nodded as Alya added onto her words. He was family, as much as it pained her to remember this right now. "I hate her," she hissed quietly through gritted teeth, glaring down at the ground.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They were of one mind, as ever. Hydra looked to Alya, appreciative of her verbal agreeance. When Lyra spoke next, Hydra looked to her. As do we, she decided then, her life here will never be a completely comfortable one. This was a selfish thing, but it was how she felt. Hydra's dislike of Liffey could be compared, perhaps, to her fathers hatred of one of his own subordinates—Lazarus. Liffey was a challenge to her sisters emotions toward Rannoch, and Hydra could not abide by that for very long. 

Hydra sighed. Do you want Rannoch to stay? If she did, they must go about things in a subtle, different manner than Hydra's typically direct route of disposing of weeds. They could never formally show their shared hatred of her, if that was the case. Surely Rannoch, soft and sweet as he was, would detest to this and be on his knightly way. He was a good man, and too good for Liffey, a girl who could not even handle a dispatched wolverine. 

Poor, sweet Lyra. Hydra was infuriated that she be subject to such emotional tumult! 

Hydra loved her sisters more than anything; they were one in all things. They were a united front in each and every matter. And she needed to hear what Lyra desired now, though of course she already knew. 

600 FOR UUUUUU MY TWINS
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Of course we do," Alya replied, affronted. Her eyes darted to Lyra, softening. "I mean, we can keep him away from you until he makes it up to you, but he'd blood. And he's Cypress's brother. Cy will never come back if we chase his brother away," she tried to explain. Her heart wasn't in the words, however, and she huddled closer to Lyra, trying to tuck the identical girl under her chin. "But I guess... if you really want... we can kick both of them out," she sighed, shooting Hydra an 'oh, now you've done it' look.

"We should think of mean things to call Liffey," she decided. "Will that make you feel better?"
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
SORRY FOR THE WAIT FAM <3 (also niffy actually means "an unpleasant smell" omg)

Though she knew of both of her sister's views on the newcomer, it felt good to hear them voice those thoughts. Hydra's comment on the pain that would be Liffey's life on Moonspear brought a small smile onto the girl's face. Ideas began to buzz around in her mind of ways they could tease and toy with her. She'd tell Terance what the pale girl had done — a slightly altered tale, at least — and get him on their side. He'd agree, of course; she saw no reason why he would side with these strangers.

She leaned her head on Alya's chest as her sister rested her chin upon her head, blue eyes darting to Hydra as she spoke. Her gaze fell almost sadly, clearly conflicted. She still loved Rannoch and, while she also wanted him to be happy, she just could not bring herself to be content with letting him be with Liffey. She was about to speak before Alya brought up a good point. The name Cypress caused her to almost flinch, remembering the mysterious, sad boy. If they kicked Rannoch and Liffey out now, what would he tell his brother if they somehow reunited? She was only mad at Rannoch, she didn't want him or his brother to hate her. She especially didn't want to ruin her sisters' chance, however slim, with the raven either.

At Alya's resigned comment, Lyra shook her head softly, pulling away from her dark fur. "No, I don't want him to leave," she said, turning to Hydra with a look of trepidation. "That white wolf that attacked him is still out there." She would never wish harm against the boy — his face was much too handsome for that. She huffed a laugh at her sister's suggestion of picking a mean nickname for Liffey, feeling better already thanks to them. "Hm, well she looks a bit like a Niffy to me," she giggled, wrinkling her nose as if she had gotten a whiff of something terrible.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to her sister, all ears for Lyra's decision and throwing a hush! look to Alya for good measure—of course she knew what she had done!—and even added, we could, just so they knew it was in the realm of possibility. Hydra knew that, at the end of the day, their father would listen to her words. It would not take a day—she also knew her father was no moron—but she would do what it took. Fortunately it did not come to that; Lyra was strong, impressively so. Hydra did not want Rannoch to go yet—for the same reasons as Lyra, but also because she felt that Rannoch and Spiffey were to be a shortlived thing—and so she nodded to her sister in understanding.

He can stay, she hummed. Her sisters already knew they would have to be discreet in their harassment of Liffey. Enough to make her want to leave, probably, but not enough to give her a legitimate reason to desire to go when they provided for them more than they spooked her. They'd only be playing, after all. As far as the white wolf went, Hydra sighed. We will kill the wolf that was after him. Maybe he will grow bored of boring Niffy by then, she nosed Lyra, ears perking as she looked to Alya for her to verbally confirm as much.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya shot Hydra a huffy look but complied, knowing that this was about Lyra, and not about her. But by the time there was enough of a break in the conversation for her to speak, she was getting riled up all over again. She knew they had to be discreet, but it shouldn't be that way! Liffey shouldn't even be among them.

"What does Daddy see in her?" the dark girl bemoaned, collapsing theatrically against whichever sister was nearest. "Can't he see what a {BAD WORD} she is? What's the point of having a wolf like that around? Especially when she's encroaching on our turf?"

Didn't Daddy know that they always got what they wanted?
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Hydra's confirmation — although it had been sorted that Rannoch would not be going anywhere if they could help it — was comforting. At least they always had the option of chasing him and his lover out if the urge ever tempted them. Charon would always take their side, she knew. Family first. It was the Ostrega way.

Hydra and Lyra locked eyes and she gave a nod, their silent agreement speaking volumes. It was interrupted by Alya's melodramatic laments, and Lyra couldn't help but release a soft, fake-annoyed laugh as she fell into her side. She twisted, nipping at her sister's ears. "She helps with our numbers, at least," she sighed, as though mentioning anything positive about Liffey upset her stomach. "Perhaps what she needs is an accident," she said, brightening, casting a wary gaze to the more tactical Hydra. "A small one."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra let herself recline onto her haunches as her sisters spoke. She's utterly useless, Hydra agreed—has she contributed one thing to this pack? No. Dad sees something in her, so in fairness to him we'll give her a shot among us, but if she kept being a wastoid? Hydra had tried to include her, but the girl had been so odd that day (fairly so). Hydra thought again on seeing her. Though it should be Liffey making the effort... maybe she ought to see her once more. 

Lyra's suggestion was not missed. Now sliding onto her belly and rolling onto her side, Hydra pawed the sweetest of them. No, Hydra hummed. It will get out of hand. We hate her too much, she said with a sigh. It was true; she knew that what they called a small accident would become a deadly one. And while Liffey deserved to die, and probably would anyhow because she was weak, Hydra had no designs to kill a pack mate (yet).
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"What we need to do," Alya hummed, her expression one of deep thought, "Is find a way to get her to care about us, or at least about what we think. And then we'll slowly kill her spirit and maybe even get her to go crazy." She was pretty sure that her sister were capable of this. Why wouldn't they be?

"At the very least," she went on, sitting up and shaking off her pelt, "we should make sure she's never quite comfortable here. I'll rest easy with her on our turf if I know she lies awake at night, fearing us."

Ah, the simple things in life!
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Hydra's gentle bat at her was retaliated with a playful snap by Lyra, leaning forward under Alya's weight. She missed, course, and twisted around again to affectionately preen the fur around her sister's ears. Hydra was right, as always. Though it didn't stop Lyra's mind from whirring with ideas. If they somehow got Liffey to get sick or injure herself somehow, she would make for the most perfect test subject for Lyra to experiment with plants.

Alya's plans were even more dastardly, focusing on manipulation. She had always been the more socially savvy of the trio. She gave a soft hum, wondering how on earth they would be able to play such mind games on the other girl, but knew Alya would already being formulating her own ways. As she sat up, Lyra let herself round the sprawled Hydra and collapsed too, resting her chin on her side, licking her lips contentedly. Alya quickly joined them, laying her head on Lyra's shoulder.

She will, came Hydra's simple response, before the three lapsed into silence, settling in to groom and bond over their mutual hatred of the silver-haired newcomer.