Blacktail Deer Plateau Proper Introduction
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
All Welcome 
Like she had done with every other member of the pack, Pema was eager to meet Spiritwalker in person. Yes she had accompanied Grayday and Pema to the border of Northstar, but that was a more seriour and business oriented setting, not the best time for the two to introduce themselve.

She had gotten to know alittle bit about her personality from their outing, but Pema wanted to know more. What were her interests? What were her skills? Could Pema learn anything new from her? Each member of the pack brought something new and different to the pack and she wanted to know what it was Spiritwalker had or would bring.

She made her way up the plateau, out of the grassy area and into the more forested area past catfish pond, where she spotted a few fish swimming about.

But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had been out roaming and specifically looking for little tools and games the cubs might like. Although they were still young Catori knew soon it would be time for them to start learning the games of hunting - honing in the instincts that would someday give them their place among the older adults in the pack's hunts. It was all innocent fun, but, it served a very real purpose. She'd gathered some random feathers and was carrying them back towards the little hovel she'd selected when she spotted Pema and changed her course, approaching the woman with a low chuff from around her prizes. 

She set them down and placed a paw on them to keep them from flying off, smiling at the other female. "Hey, Pema." She greeted fondly, tail swaying behind her. "Much going on today?" She asked, head tilting to the side a bit. 

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Soon after crossing catfish pond she spotten Catori, the tanner, light brown fur around her otherwise white pelt. She had a few feather in her mouth and mumbled around them, before greeting her and asking about her day. Pema smiled in return and swayed her tail "Morning Catori. Nothing much going on for me today." she then glanced down to the feathers that were pinned under her paw. "Did you just finish hunting some birds? I've seen Day bring back the feathers of some of his catches, or simply ones he finds around, back to the pups to play with." she said thinking to all the times the pups had been out playing and nawing on such feathers. "What are your plans to do with them?" she asked wonder what other purpose the feathers would serve. 

226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had an almost lazy breakfast, a quail had fallen to her teeth and had only added to the pile beneath her paws. She knew all about Grayday's penchant for feathers - she only wondered if Pema had seen the state that an excess of feathers could leave Gray in. She smiled gently at the mention of the children too, nodding in an off handed sort of way. "I was going to lay some tracking games out. Help start the kids on separating scents from one another." She explained. She had plans for furs too to add to the game depending on how the kids seemed to like it. 

"What's your plan today?" She asked, canting her head to the side as she considered what Pema might be up to. It wasn't like either woman knew one another really, just...enough about each other to scratch the surface. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema's assumptions were correct, in that the feathers would be for the pups, but they seemed to have a bigger purpose then simply being toys. "That's very creative. Sounds like fun." she said complimenting the idea. "I've gone tracking with the pups before, but that would make it a bit more fun for sure." she said with a wag in her tail.

But back to the reason Pema had been looking for Catori. "I didn't have anything set in stone, but I did want to get to know you alittle bit. Seeing as how you're (at the date of this thread) still kind of new to the pack. I can help you set the game up if you would like." Pema purposed, wanting to spend some time with Catori so the two could be more a quainted. 
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori wasn't entirely too sure about her place in things, but, this was a game that had been played with all the young of her natal pack and it felt good to bring it into Morningside. It would be fun and a lesson they'd learn one way or the other - and she truly wanted to offer that to the kids. "We did it in my family, it was always something when they were hitting that age where they could help with hunts but when they were too young to participate with the big game." Catori explained. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't take credit for what they'd done for generations and generations. 

Catori let her tail wag a bit at the idea of having help, giving a little nod to the idea. "We could set it up - call the kiddos......oh! We need prizes." Catori chuckled, she'd completely forgotten that. "We always found a pretty stone or shell for the winner to keep." Which she could go find but maybe Pema knew of a place where they could find something special a little closer to home. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed like a fun game and a nice compromise. Pema could see that often times whenever the pack went on hunts that some of the pups felt left out. They were too young to get involved in the hunts without putting themselves in danger. But when they allowed the pups to help track down the herd, she could see how much joy it brought to their faces. Giving them a chance to practice thier skills some more aside from actual hunts would be useful and she hoped fun for them. 

Prizes hmmm. Where could they find some prizes? They weren't close to the see to find any shells around. But they could find some decently pretty rocks by the pond Pema thought. "Catfish pond should have some decent pebles I think." she suggested.