The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
All welcome! Tagging for reference.
That morning he woke with hoarfrost sparkling on his pelt. After checking to make sure all the children had kept warm during the night (either sheltering against his own body, or alongside Pema within her den), he decided that a quiet day at the rendezvous point was called for. Perhaps he could get @Dauntless to come out of his shell a bit more. Although he spent time with the three of them together on most days, the father felt he hadn't had any one-on-one time with his son in some time.

For now, though, the kids were still napping off the weather, and might not be out until the sun was high. Grayday chose to spend his time licking the frost from his pelt, as he didn't want it to melt as the day grew warmer. There was nothing worse than a damp pelt in the cold season, after all.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
The pups were beginning to spend alot more time with Pema in her den recently. It didn't bother her at all and she quite enjoyed their company. But she had noticed a slight increase in the number of sleepovers they were having with her lately. The weather was beginning to get cooler and with Grayday prefering to sleep out in the open the pups didn't often sleep in a built structure. 

Pema's den had different sections within it now. A main chamber and one to the side for the pup and possible patients that chose to spend the night. With the second chamber being even deeper into the den it was often much more toasty then the air outside. It wasn't winter yet, but signs of its approach were already beginning to show. 

She found Grayday that morning with a light layer of frost upon his coat. The two had seen eachother often, with all the new member comming to their borders and their trip to Northstar Vale, but they hadn't had any one on one time in a while. She came up beside him, "Is the cold already setting in on you?" she asked with a warm voice.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday looked up at the sound of another's approach, his tail waving absently when he saw that it was Pema who was drawing near. "It's certainly trying," he said amiably, pausing to sniff at her shoulder as she came to stand beside him. Seeing that all was in order with the girl, he went back to cleaning his own pelt, not wanting the ice to melt in such close proximity to another warm body.

"How's the frost been treatin' you?" he asked, glancing up at her. She looked dry enough. "Everyone warm in the den?"

While Easy and Dauntless seemed to be quickly growing into their winter coats, Lavender's fur stayed fine and curly. Grayday worried about how she would handle the winter months, but he was sure they could manage, if they all worked together.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She took a seat beside him, watching the frost slowy move and gleam in the sun as it melted off his coat. A beautiful thing to watch. In spring sights like this would be a sign of new life, but not it was a sign of everything about to do dorment. "I've been doing a good job at keeping warm I would say." she replied with a smile.

He then asked how everyone was in the den. Everyone had been toasty and warm in the den, but Grayday hadn't. The frost on his pelt was evidence of his lack of shelter during these times. "Well almost everyone..." she said with a playful smirk on her face. "You could always join us. You wouldn't have to wake up to frost on your pelt anymore."

She felt bad sometimes knowing that her and the pups could be warm while he was left out in the cold. Their pelts were built for the cold, but warmth was definatly more comfortable. With how much time she was spending with the pups she felt as though she had a little spot within their family.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
When all the ice that he could reach was gone, the male stood and shook out his silvery pelage one last time. He turned back to Pema, bestowing a grateful lick on her muzzle.

"Good," he replied, pleased that Pema had taken to caring for the children without him even asking. It seemed that she had an instinct for it that Khoe had lacked. Pema was quickly becoming an integral part of the male's family, and he appreciated that her skill and worth was on par with Valette and Krypton. The pack needed strong women like her and Dawn.

He laughed at her sentiment. "I am warm," he assured her. "The cold can't touch me through this fur - and it'll get even thicker by wintertime. Besides - Dawn and I can curl up together if it gets much colder."

Easy and Dauntless might even be able to join them before too much longer, but it would be better for the three to sleep together, unless one of them developed Grayday's preference for sleeping under the stars. Easy was already showing signs of it.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
As Grayday shook off the moisture in his pelt, Pema turned her face in the opposite direction, not wanting to get wanter on her face. When she turned back around she was meet with a lick from Grayday. She returned the sentiment with a smile on her face. He had always been a very thankful leader, letting others know when they were appricaited even in the smallest ways. It motivated her, and most likely others, took keep doing what she was doing to help the pack. 

He assured her that he was warm, "Sure you are." she joked and then licked off a bit more frost off his forhead that he had missed or couldn't have reached. When Dawn was mention she thought to quickly as how her patient was doing. "How is Dawn doing? Do you think she's be able to hunt again once winter hit?" she asked knowing that Dawn was still not considered a hunter in the packs ranks while she was injured. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He thanked Pema with a quiet huff and then headed toward the den to peek in at the pups inside. Still sleeping. Until they woke, he'd busy himself with some tracking; even if their caches were full, he liked to keep an eye on what was going on around the territory.

"She'll be healed before winter, I expect," said Grayday, pausing to sniff at the base of a tree. "She's got nothin' but some cracked ribs and some broken toes. Don't take long for that to put itself right."

That is, if she kept up with her rest, and didn't do anything silly. The father was fairly certain she'd take longer than some, due to her insistence on 'helping', but there was nothing to be done about that. Dawn had to learn on her own that her body had limits, and enforcing bedrest would only delay that process.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"That's good." Pema said lightly, as though there were something else on her mind. And there was. As Grayday was glancing into her den watching the pups still sleeping, she was watching him. His winter coat was comming in and making him look even larger then he appeared in the warmer seasons. She could always tell when he was nearby with the scent of cedar imbedded in his pelt. Morningside made her feel, warm, safe and at home and she wasn't sure if she would feel that same way if Grayday weren't here. She wondered if Morningside had anything to do with how she felt. 

But that couldn't be right. She enjoyed everyone in the pack, especially the pups and... well... Day. She didn't know what to think about her feelings in this moment. Leaving her somewhat confused and in conflict with herself. 

But she didn't want to dwell on thses feelings of confusion. Her emotions would sort themselves out or develope into what they would. There was no point in trying to surpress feelings, it seemed that they would always find their own way out eventually. Inspried in that moment she spoke lighly, not wanting to walk the pups. "Day.... I want you to know that I appriciate everything you have done for me... and I really appriciate you as well. I don't think I would be where I am today without you. You being out the best in me." she said with a smile and soft blush, a combination of slight embarrasment and comming of the cold. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The leader shot Pema a quiet, baffled look, and led her away from the den to give himself time to think of a response. As was typical, the male did not considered that the younger shewolf might be coming on to him, and took the compliment at face value.

"Thank you," he said quietly, his ears flickering uncertainly. It seemed like an odd thing to say, but who was he to question it? There were days he positively glowed when he thought of how happy he was with the Morningsiders - with his daughters and son, with his friends, with his family. "I appreciate you, too. You're a strength this pack would be unfortunate to lose. If we bring out the best in you, it's only because you belong with us."
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She followed him away from the den and for those few seconds she thought about how stupid it was to say such a thing. Yes she had meant it and she really did appriciate him, but that must have been implied and must have sounded so dumb for it to have been stated outloud.

But as Grayday began to speak her nerves went away but a feeling of disappointment stayed. He went on to talk about how he also appriciated her, but went on to talk of the pack rather then himself. It felt good to be valued as a member of the pack, but she was seeking more then that. 

She tried to shrug it off and luckily it seemed she would have the perfect escape goats. She could hear little noises from the den, faint yawn of wakinging pups and other sounds. Giving Day a smile as she walked past, "I'll go see what all the fuss if about." she said walked to the den.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Unfortunately for Pema, those were Grayday's children making sounds of waking, and thus, the male followed with a wagging tail. He did not notice the shewolf's dissatisfaction with his response and assumed that the exchange had left her with the same warm, fuzzy feelings it'd left him.

His shoulder brushed against hers as he came to stand at the entrace of the den, crouching down so that he could look in at the waking fuzzballs inside. "Finally!" he called softly, backing out and beckoning them along. "There's frost out here - you kids better hurry!" 

Frost was still a novelty to the trio, and they enjoyed spending the morning stomping around and leaving little melted pawprints, when they woke up early enough.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Though she thought they would be an escape they turned out to be more a distraction for both Grayday and Pema. It had distracted Grayday from reading too much into Pema's reaction to his responce and even though she was a bit saddened by Grayday's responce, she couldn't help but feel better when she was their little faces light up at the mention of frost. 

Grayday stood by her in the entrance to the den against her shoulder, tail wagging. She chuckled a bit seeing how playful and childish he could be. She walked into the den and began muzzling the pups, nudging the more awake ones onto their feet. "Come on you don't want to miss it." she said as she nudged with little bumms. 

She glanced over to Day. From an outside view they were a perfect little family. True not entirly through blood, but their was no doubt that Pema now say Grayday's kids as her own. And though they may never refer to her as mom or mother, she could see how much they admired her and enjoyed her company with all the fun they had and times they chose to sleep with her in the den. 

Want to continue this with Easy and us PP Lavender? Tag Dauntless. Make is a little pup thread or just continue with PP?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Since Dauntless and Lav are both PPC right now, I think we should just keep power playing them. I don't really feeling like posting with Easy right now XD You can feel free to PP her being rambunctious, though!
The kids poured out of the den, Easy shouting about the ice while Lavender and Dauntless carried on more sedately. They made their little tracks, as was their wont, and eventually settled into a wrestling match between Easy and Dauntless. Lavender came to sit against Grayday's chest, where the chill wouldn't attack her through her thin pelt.

"I think Aditya might need a den and someone to cuddle with as well," said Grayday to his companion, watching his children play. "He's got a thinner pelt. I was talking to him the other day, and he seemed worried about catching a chill."

They couldn't have that, of course.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Retag if @Dauntless wants to join in. Otherwise we can continue PP.

The pups came out of the den, some more energized then others. Their feet left little melted frost foot prints on the ground, and little bits of frost was thrown up into the air as Easy and Dauntless began to wrestle one another. Lavender went to Grayday's side, sheilding herself from the chilling wind. 

Pema followed behind Easy and Dauntless for a short time before standing beside their westling match. Then Grayday made a comment about Adi and how he might need a den for the winter. "I guess I could help make him one if he needs it. Maybe Dawn and him could share it. They seem close." she suggested as the match between Easy and Dauntless moved to being a small game of tag between Pema's legs. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Settle down - give Pema some space, if you're going to roughhouse," Grayday said sternly, earning a sheepish glance from Easy and a huff from Dauntless. Still, they heeded his words, and the father turned his attention back to Pema, ears pressing forward in interest.

"Do they?" he asked, surprised and a little frustrated. He just couldn't figure out if there was anything between the two of them, and it bothered him more than he liked to admit. Of course, things would happen with or without his intervention, if they were truly meant to, but the male liked to have eyes on situations like these. "He didn't seem interested when I talked ot him," he added, mouth turning down at the corners.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema would have said she was alright with the kids playing around her, but Grayday had made a stern point and she didn't want to saying anything and have the kids think but Pema says alright. Pema was definatly an authority figure for the pups, not a stern one, more playful, but Grayday was their father and he ultimatly made the rules that they would have to follow. But she did smile to them, showing that what they had done hadn't made her upset at them. 

When his attention turned back to her he seemed confused, as though he hadn't seen what she was talking about. The two weren't flaunting around and Pema wasn't really sure if their was anything between the two, but from the beginning they seemed to really hit it off. "Ya. They really seemed to have hit it off right from the start even before he joined the pack." he commented on how Adi hadn't said anything. She though back to her early attempts to express her own emotions. "Sometimes it's hard for people to express how they feel, especially to others." She said looking away from him sheepishly almost and looking to Lavender still resting on his chest. "But I think their just close friends, at least for now."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday grumbled to himself, feeling a stirring of protectiveness in his gut as he thought about strange males - men he'd never met - getting cozy with his daughter outside of his realm. Letting a child run free was like tossing a feather out into the ocean and hoping it wouldn't get wet - Grayday knew he had to stop expecting to know every little thing that Dawn got up to.

"I wish everyone would just be up front about things like this," he complained, wondering why Aditya hadn't said more about all this 'hitting it off' that'd been done before he joined the Morningsiders. Then again, he thought guiltily, he hadn't been very forthcoming in his investigation, either. "We should be more honest," he said to himself, his ears twisting in thought. "I suppose it doesn't matter. Dawn's going to do whatever she wants, and I'll be the last to hear about it, just like always. But she's got a good head on her shoulders. Hard as hell, but good."

Thinking of Dawn's better qualities brought a smile back onto his face. "And Adi's a good man. She could do much worse. Even if they only end up as friends, I think we're lucky to have him among us."

The last words were said to Pema once more as he finished his own train of thought. His gaze turned playful as he regarded the younger shewolf, his thoughts straying - inevitably - toward her own social life, since they were already on the topic. "What about you, Pema? Have any young lads caught your eye?"
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She thought it was somewhat funny how Grayday spoke about others realationships. He talked about wanting the subject to be more open and honest, almost as though if you didn't you were lying. But it was often a sensitive topic that needed to be tip toes around. Or at least if you didn't tip toe, you needed to be prepared to hear and answer you might not like and be willing to move on with little impact to your daily life. But Pema thought she was like most others. Worried that if they were to be direct about their feelings they might be rejected and end up making things awkward between the two individuals. Unable to go back to how things were before the confession of attraction. She thought that if things were ment to be they would eventually fall into place, but a push was needed from time to time.

Dawn was an adult now, even if Grayday sometimes saw her as younger then she was. Young, but an adult able to make her own decision, and Pema nodded in agreement with Grayday as he spoke about her having a good head on her shoulders. But then a question was directed at her. "Everyone is very nice and sweet, but I wouldn't say any of them have caught my eye." not any of the younger ones anyways. "I think I'm more drawn to older males, ones that are more mature... Like you." she admitted. A statement that wasn't as direct as Grayday may have likes, or would pick up on, but more direct then she had been before. 

It was braver then she had been before, but their was also a possible escape to be made if she were to be rejected. If Grayday had been any other member of the pack, she thought this might be easier for her. But to have a crush on the alpha of the pack was such a cliche and a possible risk. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The leader's ears flickered. Though her words were plain enough, something about her tone seemed... off. His head cocked to the side, and he studied her for a moment, wondering what she was on about.

And then, just like that, Grayday finally cottoned on. His ears flicked forward in mild surprise, but really, it wasn't a shock to the silvery male. "I suppose it's only natural," he said, turning his eyes back to the tussling children. "Older wolves have proven their worth, and often, that they are good breeding stock. If I were a young woman starting out in the world, I might look for an older partner as well. But there is something to be said for young love."

He thought about his wasted youth, and about Amber's mysterious disappearance. He thought about Adeline and hoped that, wherever she was, she was happy and safe. Mostly, though, he thought about Catori and her thick, creamy pelt. Her eyes, warm and vivid. The sweet lines of her muzzle.

"Does this mean I should stop hoping you and Sunny will hit it off?" he asked.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He spoke of her preferences with understanding, but still seemed to like the idea of younger love. She wasn't completely against finding a mate of her own age if it had to come to that. But finding someone what was mature was something definatly on her mate wish list. Granted some older wolves weren't that mature anyway. But the packs run in with Mouse from the vale only strengthened her opinion that many younger wolves were not the smartest or most rational. But she couldn't over look someone for her age, after all she was young and wouldn't want others to think her immature without getting a chance to know her first. 

When he mentioned Sunny she was a bit surprised. She hadn't meet Sunny yet to know him well or even know what he looks like, other then from others discriptions. "I actually haven't had the chance of meeting your son yet. Anything is possible I guess." she commented. 

It was still early in the day, and now that the kids had woken up and were alive enough to play with one another, Pema thought it was time for her to get the day started. She took some mentatl notes from this conversation that would stick with her. At least for the next couple days. "Well now that everyones awake, I think it's time that I do some hunting." she declared and looked to the pups to see how they would react to her soon departure. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday wondered why his son had time to flirt with his own woman, but not to meet the budding young healer that stood beside him now. Pema, aside from his own Spiritwalker and his daughter, Dawn, was obviously the most desireable shewolf in the pack. She was not just becoming, but also trustworthy and good-hearted. What more could Sunny want?

"I'll have to introduce you," he decided, not wanting another, less-deserving male to get to Pema before his son had a chance.

But the conversation - much like the day - was moving on. Pema mentioned hunting; Grayday had his own agenda for the day. They divvied up the kids and set off toward their separate goals, but the male was at ease with the knowledge that, no matter who she ended up with, Pema would continue to be an asset.
What's Mine is Ours