Wheeling Gull Isle Don't tell me what you think that I can be
No Matter What They Say...
8 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
All Welcome 
@Doe :))

He had remained on the coast, though not as close to death as he'd liked. The cliff had stopped at a certain point, leaving miles and miles upon sandy, boring beaches for him to walk upon. Yeah, this wasn't going to work. Even the grasslands before had excited him; why could the moist, annoying tiny pebbles between the toes of his massive paws not? He let out a long grunt of annoyance before his eyes spotted something in the distance. Now this was a challenge. An island, inhabited - he could tell by the smell the wind brought to him -, with a beautiful sandy carpet perfectly laid out for him. His foul mood was swept away as he made his way towards what he would call his "treasure".

With a high head did he present himself, howling like no other man had ever done. A strange mixture of mystery and lust - a lust for not just a wife, but an adventure he could later tell to his kin.
You WILL Be MINE!
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Her head was spinning with hunger. It seemed that, no matter how much she tried to put on weight, fat simply wouldn't stick to her bones. She was far too skittish to eat in group settings, and thus, only had what she could catch for herself. This was crabs, mostly, and other things she could pluck from the tide pools. She was still too scared to go near the surf, but when the tide was low, she could come out onto the rocks, and look fearfully out onto the deep, blue sea.

Today, though the tide was low, she could not find it in her to do anything but lie in the tall grasses and shiver in the cold. It'd been several days since she'd last seen another wolf, despite being stuck on an island with several of them. No one seemed eager to seek her out, but even if they tried, Doe tended to be rather hard to find. The other still overwhelmed her senses and - at times - frightened her even with their kindness.

But when the howl rang out, Doe found herself lifting her head and letting out a tiny, warbling cry. Come find me, she begged. She didn't want to be alone anymore.
8 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
How odd - how interesting that instead someone coming to him, he was invited to come to another. Was it a trap? Oh, what did he care - if one was capable to kill family, then some random strangers was no big deal. He was cocky in that sense, but still lingered a wee bit longer before deciding to follow the invitation with crooked grin he could not control.

Eyes sought the color of his own, though what he found did startle him. Instead of the dark colors he was expecting, he found a bundle of bones and legs, sheltered by grasses he could just look above a bit. Dull eyes stared at her for a while - her petite face, her fluff, her one misshapen ear... The green complimented her reddish-ness, something the strange man could appreciate more than he should. He chuffed a gentle greeting, one that was strangled due to it going against his nature.
You WILL Be MINE!
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
In the haze of her hunger, she was not sure if she recognized the wolf that approached. Her addled mind offered her a few names that might fit - Skellige, Riverbone? - but the little shewolf settled on another soft cry.

She remained where she was, unwilling to stand, folded into the grass like a fawn awaiting its mother's return. But it was not a loving dam that approached her - it was something else entirely.

An uncertain stutter of sound escaped the russet female. Should she call for help? Had she called already? Was this the one she'd asked for? Everything seemed to move too slowly, and then too quickly. Nothing made sense. Disheartened, she tucked her nose back under the tip of her tail and tried to ignore the dark wolf's presence.
8 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
He stared at her for quite some time before he had seemingly done her something. A lighter brow raised above his mask of soot and ink. What? Was his immediate response, coming closer despite the female's disinterest in him. She had called, he had delivered - he at least expected some kind of reward. His whole life had been an unending practice of giving and receiving and he applied it to any situation he found himself in.

I came for you - now what do I get? He asked, settling down on his haunches to relax a bit.
You WILL Be MINE!
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
He was saying things, she knew. She could hear his voice - she wasn't deaf, even if the crash of the waves sometimes overwhelmed her to the point of catatonia. This was not one of those cases, but... but she was so tired, and the male wasn't making sense anyway, and she hoped... well, wondered. She wondered if he would kill her, and if this would be the last day she would have to wonder... the last day she would have to be confused.

A tiny whimper escaped her at the thought, but it lacked the emotion it ought to have had.

Maybe... maybe this was all a dream. Maybe she wasn't dying, and in a little while, she'd wake up and see... see them again, whoever they were.
8 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
A whimper was all he got in return and he let out a soft grunt in anger. He was known for his temper, and Lucien Sombre getting annoyed was the last thing one had wanted back at his old home. But, this was not his home. These were not his wolves, yet, and they needed to learn that Lucien was a force - a force far greater than the worst storms that drowned children and destroyed homes.

Get up! He nearly growled, not feeling so patient with her anymore. She was beautiful, yes, but a cooperative woman was undoubtedly what he was looking for.
You WILL Be MINE!
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Even if she'd understood him, Doe would not have been able to heed his words. Her body was thin and wasted, and her muscles begining to atrophy from lack of use and lack of sustenance. Lifting her head had taken a mighty effort, and now that it had been set down, she did not know if she would ever lift it again.

The world faded - grew strange and muzzy. Doe let out another unhappy whimper, almost aware that she did not want to die. But a moment later, the terrible, aching cold she hadn't even known was plaguing her began to fade away. Everything that was Doe became ensconced in a warm cocoon, far from where the dark wolf - or anyone else - could eaver reach her.

And, although her heart might continue to beat for a few hours more, and her ribs continue to rise and fall, the wolf that had been Doe was already gone.