Moonspear what rhymes with best bros?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
MOJITOS . @Terance

Now that Terance was out and about, Hydra found herself greatly annoyed that he hadn't sought out his number one—her—to patrol with him from the get go. No, instead, he was trying to get himself another best bro, and Hydra was quite indignant toward this. Yeah, he could have another best friend, but no, he could not forget about her

So, finding his scent, Hydra marched in its direction with a sour expression on her face. The audacity! She was greatly offended, and it would be no mystery to Terance the precise mood she was in. 

Of course she might be at fault for not visiting him as much, but she was always being told by Lyra he wasn't ready to do this or that yet, and she had been impatient and also did not want him to feel like he was missing out... so, she felt totally justified in that.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the sun was high over the moonspear cliffs-- but there was no lack of breeze up here. terance was comfortable on his patrol, warm but enjoying the ruffle of the wind in his fur. it was a good day-- therefore terance found it absolutely baffling that hydra stalked by him with some bitch-ass sass. well, lucky for her, terance rarely lacked any sass. 

"uhm-- hellOOOOoo?" terance called, raising an eyebrow and leaning his head forward expectantly. surely there was a reason for this sudden shift in demeanor. maybe the #betalyfe was getting to her.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His response brought her brows to raise, and she bristled. Excuse you, she huffed, lifting her head more out of surprise than any sort of dominance. Why didn't you come to see me? she asked, squinting. Why am I basically the last person you care to come see? if she had been injured, he would have been the first other than her family–obviously.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
his sass was returned not by something witty and good-natured, but with something harder and more... cold. terance's ears perked, coming to a stop as she rounded on him. his expression was suddenly less sneery, and edged more on the side of confusion, the stillness of his tail and knitting of his eyebrows clearly showing that. 

he pieced a few things together as she spoke, and lowered his head a little, tail beginning to wag. apparently, he'd made her jealous, and he knew it. throwing on a sweet, toothy smile, terance made a move to amend the situation with his ~*charm*~. it didn't work the same on hydra as it did lyra, but he was handsome and sweet enough to maybe get a few steps ahead with it. worth a shot, anyway.

"aw, hy," he said quietly, tail still wagging down at his hocks, "i didn't think you wanted to see me... i didn't see you much when i was injured, and then with your big promotion..." 
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He was quick to remedy the situation–or attempt to, anyway. Hydra was rude and stubborn both, and really she had been hurt by the fact he had not come to see her. It sucked to see you like that, she admitted. Jealous... was that the word??? Maybe. She thought she meant more. I just wanted to hear why from you, he imagined that her position changed her, and that wounded her too. No–she was the same arrogant, rude popular girl as she had been from before; no ruder than before, and no less either.

And then she began to walk away, heading for a patrol.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra responded cooly, but with that same coldness from earlier. his charm was rendered useless here and he dropped the sweet smile, his brows still knitted together-- more concerned now. suddenly, she moved past him, and his ears felt. shit, did he really do something that bad? she was  being hypocritical-- again-- she hadn't come to see him either. the cerberus was a full unit, lyra would've told her that he was released-- fully healed. she knew, this wasn't one sided. he scrambled.

"whoa whoa hy-- hydra wait," he said after her, picking up his pace to catch up to her. gaze narrowed, he moved to nudge her cheek. "don't walk away, com'n, talk to me."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He wasn't wrong, of course. Lyra had told her. Hydra had gone to see him but he'd already been out and about, which at first excited Hydra. It was only when he hadn't come to see her that she began to feel insulted. Truth be told she hadn't given him much time, but with that much time without him it was hard to do the concrete math. The fact of the matter was that wherever she trailed him, it was never to her he headed.

Terance followed her, and Hydra just wanted to get over it all already. But she couldn't sweep her feelings under the rug with him. If she didn't give two hoots, she would—but she did. Terance meant a lot to her. She remembered when the bear had made contact with him, and dragging his ass away. It was a total nightmare, seeing him that out of shape. And his recovery had been hard for her to see, too, which she had said to him. 

I couldn't see you that way, she repeated again, stopping and looking to him, hurt, I mean. I just wanted you to get up and come patrolling but you couldn't and I knew that, and seeing you like that... and not being able to do anything about it? It was a feeling of helplessness that she was not good at. I'm sorry, she said at length. She was. For all of her strength, she could not stand to see him out of shape or hurt. I killed that bear... for him, for her family. Anyway, I just imagined that when you were better, you'd come and find me first, she looked to him now, and with a blink and a shake of her head, she finished: it's cool that you didn't. I don't know what I was thinking, she just thought, well, he thought of her as she thought of him. Like a best friend.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance didn't interrupt-- for once. he really wanted to, because he thought that (once again) this was being very unfairly aimed at him. hydra had turned that whole korei julia thing around on him too, and he thought that that was super annoying... but this felt different, so for once in his life he tried to spare his own feelings for someone else.

cause hydra was a true friend, and she deserved that much.

his body language drooped-- it was submissive but it looked more sad than it did a show of respect. "hydra..." he muttered softly, sticking his head out a little to poke her with his nose. he wasn't sure how to apologize. like 'hey i'm sorry for completely blowing you off for like a bunch of days' ? that didn't sound genuine enough. his tail wagged a little bit between his legs. "i should've found you, i don't know why i didn't," he said, his ears flicking, "you know you're my number one, i'm just a giant piece of shit." that felt sufficient.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His body language showed her he meant what he said, and so she listened—and he was apologetic, and all of that. She let him linger in an uncomfortable silence for all of a minute before she decided that was enough. You're not, she said with a snort and a lift of her head, I forgive you. Just don't do it again, she said with a smirk, and a wave of her tail. Hydra really did consider Terance one of her favorite friends, if not the favorite friend. Even when he was mad at her, she knew he would have her back; it went both ways, of course. He was as certain a thing in her life, she felt, as her family. Terance was family; he was like a brother she'd never had in their present litter. 

So you're feeling totally better? she asked, content to let their previous conversation fall aside in favor of making sure he was okay. After all, he had apologized and at the same time knew that he meant a lot to her, and that she, for all of her confidence, wanted to know it was a mutual thing—and felt he had said as much.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra made him suffer-- for like 2 seconds longer than he would've liked. but, finally, she caved, and terance perked up right away. "totally better," he said, tail wagging-- a little bit higher than before, "let's patrol! i'll prove it." not that patrolling was very strenuous work, but still. terance was thrilled to throw that previous conversation far away-- he was moving on. 

when they started moving, terance glanced down at her. "how's the new job, kiddo?" he asked, grinning cheekily at her. she was the beta, and she certainly deserved it-- but he decided a quick little age jab wouldn't hurt.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She nodded approvingly toward his offer, and began to head toward the borders. Patrol they would, as they always did. His next words earned a sharp look from Hydra, and a snort. Who you calling kiddo, kiddo? she asked, whipping her head away in something akin to a hair-toss as she strut forward with her tail lifted. She looked cheekily over her shoulder, her blue eyes flashing playfully. It's no different than before, she admitted. Her confidence was strengthened of course, but Hydra had always been the Beta, she believed, in all but name as soon as she had attained the top rank. 

After all, no one (but her parents, maybe) was more right than she was. So, what have you been up to? Smells like you've met one of the newbies, she said with a head-tilt. He did smell vaguely of Rannoch, but she could be wrong; and he could have easily just been passing through his recovery densite. I'm sure you heard what happened to him, she said with a shake of her head.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was less than offended by hydra calling him kiddo, because it was a dumb clap-back and hardly even true. he was barely older than her, really, but his size and stature was far bigger than hers-- and not even her big head could make up for that. roast.

at first, trance's immediate reaction was to get defensive. how did she know he'd been hanging out with rannoch? had he mentioned him? terance's jaws parted, before he realized she'd used the word smell... oh, maybe he did have a hint of ran's scent on his fur. he nodded. "ya, rannoch," he confirmed, then continued to nod. he had heard, and seen, and all that jazz. he cracked a smile, letting himself slide back into a comfortable mindset. "not as cool as a bear though," he said teasingly.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He was her best pal, other than her twins, and so to get back on track felt great to Hydra. Yeah, Rannoch, he confirmed, to which Hydra wagged her tail to. She had to laugh at what he said next, though responded candidly: In all seriousness, obviously not. But don't get any ideas and go literally running into another bear, she said with a snort. What do you think of him? Hydra asked after a beat. Hydra thought he was sweet—not her type, but perfect for Lyra. He seemed safe, and that was good.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance grinned. "no promises," he replied with a few tail wags. though he was positive he'd be staying far far far far far far far away from any bears anytime soon. he hoped, anyway.

"i like him," he began, felt his face heat up, and continued, "he seems nice, level headed-- bet he'd be a good good third wheel on patrols." terance would probably prefer patrols with hydra but... wasn't three lucky or something? he couldn't remember. either way, he didn't think it was a bad idea. he side-eyed her, gauging her response.

"what about you?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra grinned at his assessment. When asked, she said, He seems nice. We met before—he was cool then, too. He had a pack in the Vale. Maybe still would, if he hadn't been attacked, she shook her head. As far as a third wheel, Hydra flicked her ear. If he's lucky, she said haughtily. Hydra was friends with many, but few were actually in her inner circle. Terance could count himself among that number now—he was pals with the most popular girl in school. Lyra had her eyes on him, but that did not make him a part of anything yet. They had a lot more to learn. 

Speaking of patrols, you want to go on one now? Now that he was better, she thought that this would be the best thing to do.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"shitty luck," terance huffed, tail flicking. maybe he would be right there beside hydra-- ya know, if he hadn't fucked himself up via bear. or, well, maybe not-- who knew. the thought of a patrol, however, brought a grin to the stone's face. he nodded. 

"hell yeah," he woofed, giving her a nudge to the shoulder. and off they went.