Blacktail Deer Plateau Did Your Wings Get Clipped When You Fell?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Joining 
Engel followed the direction @Spencer had pointed out for them. The male caught the scent of a pack border, he was beginning to think this was the pack that they were headed for. "So...this the pack you were talkin' about? Seems nice and cozy." At least till the end of winter. Till then, he had no idea what his plands were. And he never did like staying in one place. "You wanna call for this pack's leader that you met? He might recognize you over me."
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
15 Posts
Ooc —
The pale wraith stands beside her red companion, looks towards him and nods, unsmiling. She has no idea whether the pack will be cozy or not, but surely they will have food and shelter should they become members. With a few additional days of steady meals, her eyes are brighter, her coat freshly preened and starkly white. She looks a bit more presentable than she did when she had met @Grayday, the day the kind man had given her a meal. She hadn't been ready then, but she is ready now, although there is no telling how she and her traveling companion will be received. If at all.

Lifting her snout skyward, she sings of their presence as they stand together just shy of the borders. Spencer bumps her snout against Engel's feeling grateful that he is by her side. Stronger, too. If they are turned away, at least they will have each other.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The voice was not one he was familiar with, but the voice was apparently familiar with him. With his namesound still echoing thinly through the land, Grayday hastened toward the call.

Things became more clear when he arrived on the scene, ears curiously pricked, and saw a familiar shewolf upon his borders. "You're looking much better," he said kindly, giving her a quick once-over before turning his attention to her companion. He was an older wolf, with a pelt that made him think - with a painful lurch of longing - of the absent Adeline. The male's dull eyes flickered briefly toward the proud silhouette of Silvertip Mountain before falling back on his visitors.

"Is there something I can do for you?" he asked politely, wondering if the woman had brought her friend in search of more handouts. Grayday wasn't sure he'd oblige. Though the male was aging, they both seemed fit enough to be capturing their own food, now.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He had to admit, he was surprised at the touch of her snout against his. But only for a second, then he smirked a bit. He saw the male approaching, and shared a few words to Spencer before the male could reach them. "He's the guy you talked to? Doesn't look so tough for a leader" he jokingly whispered. Although he did quite like the shade of his pelt. He felt the smirk leave as he straightened up, trying to look formal. 

"Evenin', my companion here told me about this pack of yours. Came to these lands a few days back" he said, arching a brow as he looked over the male. He had to admit, the name sure suited Grayday.
15 Posts
Ooc —
A smile creeps up on her, appreciating Engel's lighthearted joking. He seems to be an easygoing man, and she has enjoyed his company. They wait only a short while before the gray man approaches from the depths of morningside. She bows her head to him, ears lowering, showing respect. 

A weakling such as herself requires others in order to survive, and she knows this.  This thought occurs to her as Grayday mentions her physical improvement, and feels badly about it. If only she were a large, strong woman... She fights the self-depreciating thoughts and clears her throat in order to speak.

Good afternoon, sir, she begins. I.. We, come hoping to join your ranks. Her cobalt eyes drift toward the red wolf, then flicker back to the pack leader. I am a skilled hunter.. . I'm willing to serve you, she takes a small, steadying breath. And help your pack in any way I can. I owe it to you, Grayday. Grayday likely had saved her life that day, and in all honesty, she feels that she is in his debt.

She falls silent, waiting for Engel to share what he can offer in exchange for a new home.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
A call echoed over the plateau, which caught Pema's interest. It was for Grayday, but hearing a call from an unfamiliar voice she wanted to see who it was. She knew the voices of all the members of the pack, so she knew that whoever was calling for him was a foreigner. 

When she arrived at the border she caught the two wolves asking to join the pack. One calling Grayday by his name which made her think that she must have meet Grayday before. With there being more then one new wolf at the border, she was happy that she had decided to join in. It didn't look like they were hostile, but having someone at Grayday's side would respesent the strength of the pack behind them. 

She brushed up against Grayday's shoulder as she approached and looked at him for a mement. Did they have room for two new members. Their ranks had filled up rather quickly in the last few weeks. Every able body was helpful, but it was also another mouth to feed. She gave the two strangers a nod in greeting up remained silent for now wanted to see how Grayday felt about the situation.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Although he considered he and the woman to be square, he didn't correct her when she said she owed him. Sometimes, a wolf needed to repay the debts on their own hearts. If she became a Morningsider, he hoped that this burden would soon be removed. "In this pack, we serve each other," he said instead, wondering to himself how she could arrive on his doorsteps calling herself a skilled hunter when he'd recently seen her in just skin and bones. He supposed they'd just have to see. If she turned out to be pants at hunting, he was sure she had some kind of skill that could be of use to the pack.

His ears fell back for a moment. Such thoughts never sat well with him, but he felt even guilter not thinking it. Luckily, Pema chose that moment to arrive, and Grayday returned the pressure of her greeting for half a second before turning his attention to the male.

"What about you?" he asked.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The older male, Engel looked to Spencer as she spoke to Grayday. Engel was fast, but he could not hunt larger creatures alone. Small things, he could. And he would be willing to take part for the pack, as long as it meant his survival. He didn't notice one of his paws tapping against the ground until Day turned his voice to him. He also nodded toward the newcomer to the conversation, another female.

"Whatever you want me to- I mean, I'm rather fast. I can catch up to plenty of things, though taking down something big, can't do that alone...Oh, and I have quite the sense of direction and adventure" he added. Would make for a quite good scout, something he had done a few times before scouting for a pack. For the hunting part, that had to be his weakest link since while he was fast, he was not strong.

"Besides that, I can also sing. It tends to be good for calming nerves...some find it useful."
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Not sure what happened to the post order but I hope it's ok that I post. Sorry if you guys were waiting on me.

Pema listened along as the two spoke about joining the pack and what skills they had to offer. One seemed to have the basics down for hunting, which was always a plus of morningside. He also spoke vaugly about scouting. The pack already had a scout and at the time it was only Dawn, but their was room for more, just alittle bit. 

When he spoke about singing she turned her head to the side for a small moment. It wasn't unheard of for some wolves to focus more on singing then others, but it wasn't fairly common. "It might be interesting to have a bard within the pack." she commented openly to everyone. 

At the time Pema hadn't been within the pack long enough to feel as though she could take alot of charge within the conversation other then to comment and if need be express to Grayday any concerns that she had. But she did wonder what skills the other wolf might have to offer. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
They didn't seem to be promising recruits, but Grayday had a soft heart for starving women, and he thought Engel might have some untapped wisdom they might be able to use.

"Alright. As long as the two of you contribute what you can, I won't turn you away hungry. Welcome to the plateau."

He gave Pema a thankful nod, dismissing her. He was glad she was so diligent about answering these calls, but he was sure she had things she needed to get back to.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He glanced over to Pema inquisitively at her comment, he had tried that before. He was a decent flirter, and sometimes poems and songs came into that. Although a few did not think so, most believed he was a terrible singer. One of the most favorable ways to describe it was a 'dying crow'.

"I'll be sure to" he replied to Grayday, then turned to Spencer and smiled. He'd gotten in. Now, all he had to think about what he would do till now, and the end of winter. That left a lot of time for decisions, and he knew that.