Wheeling Gull Isle Are you guys still around?
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She nodded, glad that she was able to bring him some comfort. "Yes, I do. Some of it I would rather have been able to remember - like, for example, names of places. That's one I'm definitely bad at." Faeryn allowed herself to chuckle a bit, partly at her own self and partly because she was enjoying talking to Tapat. He seemed very nice, and she would be lying if she said she wouldn't like to talk to him again sometime. "Well, I'll certainly try." Honestly, she didn't mind if he couldn't remember her name - she didn't mind that she might have to repeat it. She was just glad at the prospect of another friend, and she liked Tapat. He was sweet, and that could be an uncommon trait in some wolves. At least, uncommon in the wolves she'd known in the Teekon. Aside from a few, like Seelie and Stockholm, of course. 

Both of their gazes returned to the sea, watching the blue waves roll over each other and gently wash up onto the shore. It was beautiful, it really was. Though it did sometimes feel like she was isolated, cut off from the rest of the world - which in a way she was, everyone on the island was, but then again she had nobody back there. The island was something she'd come to love and the gem had already decided that it was her home now. She didn't really want to go back. But Tapat was not her, and she understood where he was coming from. "Yes. It's beautiful, I think. But dangerous. I guess that's why I like it." She mused, still watching the water. "I've never been near so much of it before - there was no sea where I grew up. Only forests and rivers." Maybe the change was something she needed. The boy whined again, mentioning that he did not know how he came to be upon this island, and she returned her eyes to him. "I arrived during a storm, washed up on the beaches. I'm lucky to be alive, I'd say. Perhaps you arrived in a similar way?" Maybe he'd hit his head on a rock on arrival, or maybe he'd just forgotten. It seemed a likely explanation. "You know, there is a way back if that is what you want. When the tide goes out there's a bridge of sorts stretching from here to the mainland. If you're quick you can cross it." It would be sad to see the quirky boy go, but if it was what he wanted then she would not be the one to deny him that. Though maybe he didn't want to go, simply lost and unsure. "But if you stay, I'll be here for you and I'll be your friend. Hopefully it might feel like home, with time?"
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
Messages In This Thread
Are you guys still around? - by Tapat - October 09, 2017, 06:42 AM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Faeryn - October 09, 2017, 01:34 PM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Tapat - October 09, 2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Faeryn - October 09, 2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Tapat - October 10, 2017, 05:46 AM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Faeryn - October 10, 2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Tapat - October 13, 2017, 06:49 AM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Faeryn - October 15, 2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Are you guys still around? - by Tapat - October 16, 2017, 05:07 AM