Redsand Canyon i'm serving forever
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
Set to the 10th! Pinging @Sunny for visibility
Night had fallen, and the travelling pair had found themselves a maze of stone. Ravines cut jaggedly through the whole places, and towering columns of rock jutted out at random, looming all around her. She had left their brother at the place they had chosen to sleep, herself awed by the place they had found and unable to succumb to sleep quite yet. Instead, she slipped away when she had thought him asleep, padding soundlessly through the rocks, gaze flickering from formation to formation, trying to understand just how all of this had come to be.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie wasn't sure what drove her out of the borders of Northstar Vale into the unknown lands of Teekon Wilds. Perhaps it was the lack of feelings - these days, she felt empty as if someone had tore a hole in her heart, spun her around, flung her, until everything within her had escaped through the hole. Apathetic. That's it. She felt apathetic. Not even the slightest twinge of regret or guilt touched her as she walked away and didn't look back. It wasn't like she was leaving for good...probably not.

Genie didn't know how long it'd been since she left - she slept whenever she felt like it with no regards whatsoever to the time of day. Sometimes, she would wake up in the early hours of morning and journey silently through the darkness, underneath the vast expanse of the star-filled sky. She felt lonelier than ever. During these moments, her thoughts often wandered back to Harley and her heart throbbed with pain - but other than that, she remained apathetic, eyes empty and guarded.

So lost in the melancholic thoughts which occupied her mind , Genie didn't notice the stranger until her face smashed against some furry bit of wolf. Crap.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She rounded a corner, gaze flickering up towards a precarious looking rock suspended between the canyon walls. Quite abruptly, something quite alive made impact with her side, and she backpedalled rapidly, claws skittering on the stone. She twirled to face the unknown aggressor, tail flicking up over her back, a small jolt of adrenaline rushing through her. 

It was a petite girl, cast in shades of chocolate and chestnut. She was pretty, Dawn noted rather quickly, and also looked distinctly as if she might just want to murder someone. "oh"  she murmered, not sure what one said to someone in this situation, taken aback for one of the few times in her life. It didn't help that the girl bore a distinctly murderous expression, frankly. "hi?" she tried, but it came out more as a question, gaze gradually regaining it's usual fierceness as her heartbeat slowed.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie stumbled upon impact, then proceeded to lose her balance altogether. Well, she thought grimly, eyes shut in pain, this was a sudden change in events. Silently, she picked herself up and fixed her gaze on the girl she'd accidentally bumped into and had, in turn, caused her own fall. A scowl flickered onto her face almost instantly and she opened her mouth, a sharp retort ready on the tip of her tongue. Then, she paused, thought about it for about half a second, and changed her mind.

"Hi," Genie said instead, her voice quiet. "Sorry...about that." A frown marred her features and her teeth wore into her bottom lip almost anxiously. "I should probably look where I'm going, next time." Well, now what? She had apologised, but after that, she had no clue whatsoever what she was supposed to do. Awkwardly, Genie stood there feeling suddenly nervous and unsure, especially after she realised that it was a pretty girl she'd bumped into.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The girl's expression turned very sour very quickly, only intensifying the murderous look she had already carried. Dawn readied herself to offer a quick retort to whatever the girl might have to say, but to her relief, the other abruptly changed gears and her expression softened. Annoyed turned to anxious, and Dawn was quick to reply. "don't worry about it. I mean, I should probably watch where I'm going. I didn't expect to see anyone else wandering around here, is all."  Making excuses for herself was something the girl didn't do often, and she herself wasn't quite sure why she did it. 

Dawn's brow furrowed, surveying the girl. "why are you? wandering around here, that is." She found it rather difficult to read the girl's expression beside the frown that marred her face, and she briefly wondered if the girl's slightly murderous expression would remain if she were to smile.