The Sunspire Lay to rest
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
Dakarai had to come here once more, the true place where everything began for him. No...his story did not begin upon entering the Teekon, it had begun when he met his beautiful wife. It was her scent he had smelled first, and he had walked right up to her giving her a daring smile. Dakarai repeated the actions in an almost trance like way, waltzing up to the spot where Olive had lay pressed to the ground. He smiled down at the spot and sat down reliving the moment he saw her smile up at him. "Anthousai...." he murmured much in the same way he did that day, his eyes glazing over for a moment before he growled and dug at the spot she had lain down. "No...No...No...Do not torment yourself this way!" he shouted to nobody and once the grass surrounding him had been torn up he fell still, sliding down onto his belly and laying his head on his paws with a heavy sigh.
betcha you would have done the same
19 Posts
Ooc —

Obviously, the first person she had caught sight of in weeks had to be a lunatic. Little hung back, brow raised dubiously at the dude who seemed to be throwing himself against the grass, raving about torment. Shifting from paw to paw, she considered leaving, but then again, this was the first wolf she'd seen in weeks, and she herself might go insane if she had no one else to talk too much longer. "hey - dude? you alright?" she tried, hoping that words might snap him out of it. If not, leaving rapidly was always an option.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His ears flicked as the sound of another's voice shattered the silence and he lifted his head, turning electric blue eyes toward the female. He realized he must have looked nuts and wondered just how much she saw before giving a gentle sigh "No. I'm ill and broken. A shell of who I used to be" he stated bluntly and almost as if he was being dramatic despite them being real, his body quivered as another series of gags and coughs shook him. He was so tired of this, if he could just see Olive one last time maybe he could go off and the gods would let him die. How many times would he have to suffer through near death experiences before it actually happened?

There had been Marlowe who has smashed his skull so hard he lost his memory, Then he fell off a cliff during a storm into the ocean and nearly drowned, and then he ended up eating poisonous berries that made him gravely ill and he fell into the damned ocean again but still didn't die. Why was he being kept alive anymore?
19 Posts
Ooc —
He was blunt, for sure, and the girl couldn't think of anything to say immediately except, "oh. that sucks."  She cringed immediately, mentally and physically, not believing just how stupid she had sounded. She couldn't think of much else to say, however, to such a blatant proclamation of self-pity. A moment of silence passed before she dared speak again, this time employing a bit more thought. "that was stupid - I'm sorry. what happened?" she might try for some empathy, though truly her stomach twisted at such defeat and self-pity, she couldn't bring herself to walk away.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The reply from her was not one he expected and he looked over at her with a stony expression for a few moments before a genuine laugh burst from his maw. She was so young, a lot younger than Olive was by maybe half a year or more? It wasn't surprising that she did not know how to respond, in Dakarai's mind one so young should not have gone through a troubled life quite yet. Noticing how she cringed at her own words he tried to offer her a smile, the gesture probably coming out as Weary. "Hey kid, Don't worry about it." he said in a gentler tone. Bitter and defeated he might be but he was still Dakarai and a gentleman he was in his soul.

At her question about what happened he tried to find a way to say all that had transpired in the quickest of ways, his mouth hanging open for a moment before the words flowed out "I met a young woman here, right in this spot. We fell in love and I went to her pack. Soon things...terrible things happened and we had to move with our children, we lost one to the old pack and ended up in Moonspear. Olive...my ex wife, had decided that the gods were punishing us and shoved me away denying me as her husband and lover. I broke and lost it running from Moonspear and leaving my daughter and son behind. On the way I fell from the cliffs and into the sea, ending up on Wheeling gull isle where i stayed for some time before eating poisonous berries and on my way back to the mainand, fell into the ocean once again and washed up far from here. I had vomited out all the berries but the effects of the poison have lasted and I am weak and in pain and I am trying to return to Moonspear to see her again before I die."

Not quick at all but the whoe story with all the details would have taken hours and for some reason this she wolf did not strike him as a chronicler or much of a story collector.
19 Posts
Ooc —
She listened patiently to his story, a jumble of misery that she had to strive to keep track off. When he finished, however, she didn't waste much time in replying, sitting on her haunches feeling now that the threat had passed. "look. I don't believe much in fate or whatever, but something is working pretty hard to keep you alive. and if so, that means that you shouldn't throw away your chance - you're being dealt them again and again. if you think you're going to die, might as well go ahead and just do. but, I don't know, if I were you, and I really loved this - Olive, I'd be trying pretty darn hard to change things." It was a mouthful, she admitted, but as she gazed sternly at the male who simply seemed to want to die, she felt it needed to be said. She knew about poisons, certainly, but she also knew that there existed healers who might very well be able to heal such ailments. She'd never heard of poisonous berries lasting for long unless one simply kept taking them, you either died or got better fairly quickly, she come to learn. After a moment, she gave a little shrug, watching the dying wolf carefully to see what he might make of her response.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He listened to her intently, surprised by the wise words that came from her mouth. Remaining silent for a few moments he nodded once his eyes darkening with thought. "You're right. I have to make things right with her, or at least try to. Just because she gave up on me doesn't mean I should give up on her." he replied his voice a low rumble. He grunted as he stood up and shook his pelt, ridding himself of the flecks of dirt that had sprayed his fur. "Thank you....I apologize for being so depressing" he said giving her a smile that was pretty close to genuine.
19 Posts
Ooc —
She watches him still, glad to see that he seems to see reason in her words. She didn't say anything, not knowing what will become of this male. Perhaps he will simply die, but perhaps he might find his love again. It seems a sweet story, but Little cannot call herself a romantique and thus cares little about the specifics or the ending; at least she's done some good, she thinks. "I'd say that you're entitled to be a bit depressing." she says, now that she knows more of his tale. She rises, canting an elegant muzzle in question. "Tell me, though - what's this place?" a vague question, but then again, she hasn't the vaguest idea where she is.