Stone Circle Torn loyalties
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Valette So that Sunny let's her know he is leaving and why ICly. I kinda didn't have a lot of time to work things out properly through PM, So I hope this doesn't seem like i'm forcing your hand? Forward dated to tomorrow morning.

Sunny had been awake almost all night thinking about it, so he had decided to be productive while thinking about it. Going deep into the territory he hunted until he had brought back two rabbits and the haunch from a deer carcass that somebody had left behind and still smelled and tasted good. After he dropped them in the cache, he set off to patrol the borders and marked his scent there for the last time knowing that Dawn wouldn't be there yet to meet up with him.

As soon as the sun began to peek above the horizon he headed back to the den site, and to Valette's den. He stood a good couple of feet from the entrance so he wasn't too close to the pups, and chuffed. "Valette? I need to talk to you, it's an emergency" he called into the den softly, hoping to not startle the pups.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
No worries! You do what is best for your character! :D

Valette was curled around her pups. They were getting bigger and Valette loved that they were starting to babble and making funny sounds. However, now they were all tired. The great thing now they were older was that they would sleep for hours. It gave the mother also a bit of a rest. The female was awoken by a chuff.

Valette perked up her ears. She realized it was Sunny. She peeked outside of the den. Her eyes were a bit sleepy. She blinked her eyes more awake when Sunny said there was an emergency. "What is it? What happened?," she asked, sounding worried as she pulled herself from the den.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny cringed a bit as she immediately got up and moved toward him, asking him what happened. Poor choice of words he thought guiltily and then looked at Valette again. "Okay not so much of an emergency as..well...I need to leave. Akuti left dad with the three pups, and things are falling apart. The same thing that happened to me and Dawn is happening to them. Dawn came for me last night and asked me to return, she said that things for the pups don't have to be like they were for us.." he tried to explain as quickly as he could so that the issue would be settled and he could go meet Dawn. He hoped Valette would understand and allow him to leave, he would hate to have to decide whether to ignore his family by taking the alpha's orders, or disobey Easthollow and run off on bad terms.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette blinked a few times when Sunny said that it wasn't really an emergency. It was early morning and she wasn't really fully awake yet. The female listened to his story. Akuti and Grayday were together? She didn't expect that. So the female left her pups again, just like the first time. Valette disliked her more now. If she would come across the female she would let her know what she thought about her actions.

"Sunny. I understand. Don't worry," she spoke kindly. "Of course, we would miss you here. You are an adult now and a real asset to this pack but I cannot force you to stay here if you don't want to," she explained and quirked up her lips into a soft smile. "I think Grayday would be happy as well to see you again."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
From a flattened position Sunny's ears rose to perk up, a look of pure shock crossing his face. She was going to let him go, just like that? His face broke out into a smile and he slowly approached her, touching his nose to her shoulder for a few moments before backing away again. "Valette...Thank you. I feel so bad leaving when your pups are so small, but I added to the cache this morning as a farewell gift and I remarked the borders for you. I....Easthollow will always be family to me just as much as my dad and Dawn are." he said finishing in a soft voice.

He was so grateful to this pack, they taught him how to be the young adult he was now. He got good at hunting from practicing with Keoni, he had friends here, and they all treated him like he had never left at all. "I have to go...It's so important that these pups don't end up destroying their relationship with family like I did with Dawn and dad. It all began with our mom leaving....Me and Dawn can still fix this. Thank you for understanding, Maybe I'll come back to visit one day" he said with a smile. It felt like he was saying goodbye forever, but he couldn't really know where the future would take him. For now he was leaving to move to morningside but maybe someday he would return to this pack once more.

"If you can....tell keoni I said goodbye" he asked nervously and then so he didn't seem weird he added "And Nikai?" with a small smile.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sat down. Sunny always had a great work ethic. She was certain they were going to feel his loss. Valette shook her head lightly. "Don't worry, Sunny. You will be missed for sure but I do understand that you would want to prevent what happened to you," she spoke. It would be the same if she could prevent the split between her parents.

"We look forward to a visit from you," she spoke with a smile. She hadn't realized yet that Morningside had moved. "Dawn is welcome to visit too." She had never seen the girl after she left as a small pup. Valette nodded once more when Sunny asked if she would say goodbye to Nikai and Keoni. "I will. I'm sure they will miss you," she spoke and offered him a smile. She didn't catch on that there might be something more between him and Keoni.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
In a weird way it was nice to hear that he would be missed, to him it meant that he had done a good job in the pack as a proper packmate. He wondered if all Alphas were like Valette and his father, understanding, considerate, protective adults who could keep a pack strong even through tough times. He sure hoped that they were he couldn't imagine a pack running in a different manner. "I'll tell Dawn she should come back with me sometime." he said and stood up preparing to leave.

When Valette said that Nikai and Keoni would miss him, he nodded once a sad look crossing his face and interrupting the optimistic way he had been looking and feeling.....or trying to feel. "I'll miss them too, They're the only friends I have my age" he said being careful not to say they were his only friends since he considered everyone here his friend really."i'll be off then. I wish Easthollow the best of times" he said with a grin and then dipped his head to his Alpha before walking away. He would not look back, the thought kept playing in his head but as he entered the trees and walked toward the borders he gave one look behind him toward the den site pausing to memorize the details before turning and running toward the borders.

feel free to post again and archive, or just archive it! <3 I love Easthollow so much

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at the younger wolf. She was sad to see him go but Valette knew it wasn't right to keep him. She offered him a smile. "I promise I will tell them," she spoke to him. She gave him a final nod goodbye. Valette didn't feel the need to chaperone him out of the territory. She knew that Sunny wouldn't do any harm. Hopefully, he would feel at home with his father and Dawn. She didn't know how their current relationship was but she hoped it would be good.

- end-

Sunny will be missed!