Emberwood Soon I will be put in the corner
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Here we go at last, aha. Please excuse the shortness, I can very rarely make lengthy beginning posts. Also, hope this location works for you! @Phaedra

Each day that passed made him bolder, eventually resulting in the return of his ability to venture out beyond his home. No longer would he trek solely throughout the immediate surrounding territories, instead having the courage now to go beyond where he felt most at ease. For though times had been tough in the past, and his life unfortunate, he could feel things would be better. Should he encounter his attacker for a third time, it would not be his shame revealed, but the innards of the beast. The mere thought filled him with his once shattered pride, knowing well that the other male’s luck was sure to run out—it was only a matter of time.

Wearing his confidence like a cloak, Alexander journeyed farther from the valley than he had in a long while. Attentive, he allowed not for himself to become distracted, ears erect and eyes scanning his surroundings at all times. It wasn’t until he reached the woodland that the boy was put at ease, the warm colours of the dying leaves bringing back a nearly forgotten memory. And in that moment, it was almost as if he’d been transported back to the time of the first fall that he’d ever lived through, a flicker of childlike innocence dancing through his gaze—which, in an instant, disappeared. Although he remained bewitched by the beauty of death, there was not a trace of innocence to be found in his gaze. There existed only the knowing look of what the change of the seasons truly meant, and what steps he needed to take to make it through yet another winter.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”