Wheeling Gull Isle ephemeral
61 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Hemlock , but anyone who would be allowed to interact w/ the puppies is welcome.  Dro can hear!  Yay!

The weeks had flown by since his emergence into the world, and much had happened since then.  He had learned to walk -- somewhat clumsily -- and he had learned the value of his sense of smell.  He had also learned that his mother was a source of warmth, gentle touches, soft kisses, and soothing vibrations.  She was also the provider of milk, which he was definitely a fan of.  The most revolutionary thing that had happened was when his eyes had opened two weeks ago.  His vision was only bright, blurry light at first, but as the days went by, images became clearer and he could finally see his mother's face.

He had also put a face to his other caretaker, who was much colder and more distant than Hemlock.  Droman understood very little about his father, but might come to appreciate the dark male's careless indifference when he was older and more rebellious. 

Over the last few days, there had been another curious change in his world:  there were strange sensations coming from his ears.  When his mother's lips moved, there was now sound to accompany it.  Very faintly, at first, but now it was much louder and clearer.  He could hear, and while he didn't understand it, he was nevertheless fascinated by it and enjoyed toddling around getting into stuff just to hear the sounds he made.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
<3 <3

Hemlock was proving to be a watchful mother, if not perhaps overprotective. She gave a breathy sigh as her gaze tore from her children as the roamed about and played their games to view if anyone was lurking outside. "Sweet babies," She murmured with a smile as she returned her gaze to the children, leaning down to kiss Reed and then Droman. "Should we play outside?" She asked, nudging her children towards the opening of their homestead. 

The small hovel was little more than a dug out safe-spot from some random creature that had long since passed on but it had been home and soon the children would be too big to comfortably stay there with her. They'd need to start scoping out a new place t stay, though Hemlock hadn't seen enough of the island itself before she had whelped to even know if the homes were safe. "Let us play outside today." She said sweetly, watching the pair with adoration. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
I'M A FLASH IN A CLASS OF MY OWN
110 Posts
Ooc — remus

she, too, was beginning to hear the funny-odd chorus of the world around her. that with her still developing eyesight allowed her to begin to construct some simple ideas about primary comfort and secondary figure. primary comfort is warm and soft - is mother, and reed trusts her implicitly. secondary figure is... odd. a poor consolation prize, to be sure, but reed has amused herself with trying to imitate his odd grumblings nonetheless. 

there was one other figure, though she'd not assigned it a name yet. something also small and squeaky that doesn't seem to be of particular use. every so often the ruddy girl toddles into it's side and bounces off with a petulant whine, but beyond that their interactions are, as of yet, limited. 

primary comfort-mother's vibrations.. that she can hear now, still weird, soothe her usual grumbling down. primary-mother begins to nudge her gently, and she protests for the sake of protesting even as she stumbles forward, her small body easily maneuvered by the larger figure.
61 Posts
Ooc —
He already loved the sound of her voice.  So soft and soothing, her words were like honey on his newly-opened ears.  When she spoke, he gazed at her raptly, his full attention focused on her.  He was fascinated at the way she did that -- made sounds with her lips that were so nice to hear.  A tiny figure beside him made...strange sounds.  Sounds that were not pleasing to his newly-functional ears.  It mewled and fussed and growled a lot, which in turn disturbed and unsettled him.  He himself was usually silent, a quiet child who did more observing than talking.

When his mother spoke, he again fixated upon her voice, stormwater eyes wide with fascination.  She gently ushered them toward the opening of their shelter -- much to the vociferous displeasure of his littermate -- and Droman toddled ahead, eager to be out in the light and warmth of the sun, where interesting things buzzed and chirped and crunched under his feet.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
thanks for holding down the fort guys! vacation is over and i am (mostly) caught back up work wise which means getting caught up here <3

Hemlock chuckled as she watched the children, carefully rounding them away from any of the sharper rocks she had yet to remove from the area. She didn't smell Arturo nearby, maybe he'd gone off to find food for them or to do something with Eirlys or Ceallach. "Do you hear that?" She asked as a seagull cawed above them, the flocks were thinning she'd noticed. She took a few steps away from the children and let them chase after her, idly wondering how the winter would fade in this unfamiliar land. 

The sand itself was strange to her feet still and yet to her children it would be nothing new. Hemlock had grown in soft havens of groves, each branch of Awenasa tucked in their own in the forest they claimed as their own. A river had partially circled them and it had seemed like a paradise - she had loved it. Tiva had been more...erratic, but, she hadn't strayed beyond the pack's borders. "There is so much for you to see here, isn't there?" She didn't expect full answers yet but she understood soon they would be more vocal - maybe they would start to talk more too. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
I'M A FLASH IN A CLASS OF MY OWN
110 Posts
Ooc — remus
<3!

mother-comfort continues to make noises to them, which are adequately soothing to the infant. any remaining hesitation about wherever they're directed fades as she begins to absorb the details of the outside world with newly developing senses. all manner of new and strange things - she tries to focus, small face intent, but cannot process much yet and makes a frustrated yapping sound to voice her displeasure.

but the sand is nice under her paws as she waddles after mother-comfort, no, just mother, who is.. making noises again. something about the way the noises sound make reed want to respond, so she bumps into her mama's legs and yips at her - some nonsense sounds that, knowing her, were probably a disagreement, had she been able to understand the question asked.
61 Posts
Ooc —
Apologies for my very scarce posting recently!  We're coming to the end of the college semester and I am drowning in deadlines OMG.  x___x  I don't really have time to be on Wolf right now but I wanted to toss up a quick post to avoid getting booted for lack of activity.

She spoke, and his eyes followed hers.  Up and up his eyes went, to the silhouetted figures of birds as they wheeled and swooped against the bright cyan sky.  Their laughing calls tickled the air and he couldn't help but smile as he watched them.  He wanted to run and play with them -- why did they stay so far up there anyway?  He arfed softly at them, a hushed request that they bring their cavorting closer so he too could run in circles and laugh.  His mother asked him a question, and though his understanding was limited, he beamed a big smile at her anyway, giddy with delight at all the things he could see and smell and hear.

His attention was then distracted by little yips from his littermate, and he turned his eyes to her.  His tail wagged as he toddled closer to her, grabbing her tail mischievously and giving it a tug.  Not-quite-inaudible little growls churred in his chest as he anticipated the squeals of outrage and protest that were sure to follow at that moment.