Blackfeather Woods It used to feel like a fairy tail, now it seems we were just pretending
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
@Damien - set after THIS thread :)

She ventured down into the shadows of the caves, trying to pretend nothing bad had ever happened here. No prisoners and no Damien walking around without a hint of sanity. Her fur bristled, seemingly glowing orbs searching for his massive form as she stalked his scent. She had to tell him, even if it wouldn't be able to penetrate his thick skull. If he really loved her, he'd stop her from doing it - right?

Damien? She let her voice echo through the tunnels, wondering if he would even respond to her desperate calls.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Mighty Father, lord of dark, look upon me. I surrender to you, I confess my mistakes... he whispered, curled up in a corner, covered in his own shit. This was what the great prince of darkness had come to be... A broken soul, a weak, pitiful, worthless bag of bones haunted by voices and demons, too afraid to even seek a reason to come out of his self-imposed seclusion. How could anyone ever love such a disgraceful being?

Praying was the only way for Damien to find peace these days. Somehow, seeking the gods' audience scared the voices away leaving him in silence. Clear my soul of weakness, renew my courage and allow me to prove my worth once more... he pleads, finding solace in the calm that praying brings around him. ... Cast your judgment so I can walk the right path again. Father Sithis, punish me as you see fit so I may relish in your eternal grace.

The gods had never answered to his prayers before, yet this time a presence had disrupted Damien's chamber, and he knew this was the Father's response... Through an envoy. Surely Damien wasn't yet worthy of Sithis' presence, for a lesser god was sent in his stead. Lady night... breathes the weakling as he drags himself around to surrender at what he thought were Nocturnal's star-cloaked paws. He wouldn't dare look upon her face, for he knew that doing so would render him insane... Deadly so.

I was hopeful you'd be the one to find me...

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She didn't dare to think she'd find him in this state, but here he was. He smelled of feces, but Nyx did not move away. She was entranced with the disaster that was presented to her. Ripped at every edge - a masterpiece of awful. Damien... She whispered, wanting to touch him but deciding not to. Every moment here was unreal - at least, they felt like it, but it probably was true for him.

Damien, it is me; Nyx... She nearly pleaded, brows knitting together in a sad frown. Look at me... Another plea. She needed to see those white eyes to determine whether any of this would even be heard by him. She needed to see him understand. Her decisions would not be betrayal, never, it was only the most logical step to take.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

She spoke his name, such a sweet voice calling his name made him shiver, surrendered to her surreal presence. But the spell would not last. He couldn't forget that she was here to dictate his punishment, the very thing he'd asked of the father, and she would not let him forget.

Despite Astrid's efforts to make Damien recover his sense he was still fully convinved that he was in the presence of Nocturnal, the daedric prince of night and dark. Nocturnal had many names like Nox, or Nott or Artemis in pagan cultures. Nyx was one of those names. She, standing right in front of Damien, was the only god of night, and she'd been tasked by the lord Father to punish a lost soul.

Is that my punishment? he collected enough valor to ask in response of her request to look up at her. She would take away his sanity for good this time, for looking upon the face of Nocturnal would cast a curse on him.

If this was what the gods asked of him how could he refuse?

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
How fragile he seemed. He was no more than a vessel to her now - as if there were two of them. One had his fierceness, wits and distrust while the other was kept here in the tunnels with not much more than desperation and madness. Where was the man she once knew? How was their any way for her to hope that he was still inside this pathetic display? Yes, she had made the right decision. If Damien would wake the vessels inside of her one day they'd be nothing more than what he was now. At least Vaati had his sanity, besides the blood of a Melonii. She'd settle for nothing less.

Your punishment for what? You have done nothing to deserve any of this... If anyone deserved this fate, it was she. She'd done awful things - things the real Damien didn't even know about. Things she wanted to forget... Or perhaps this was her punishment.

Look, I came here to inform you of something - something I want you to know about. She tried to reason, pretending any of this would be remembered longer than tomorrow... or even for an hour or two.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Damien held his breath, suddenly finding himself unable to properly breathe when her voice sang once again. What indeed was he to be punished for? It had been all Cicero's fault! He had tricked his own brother into such state, pushed him deep enough for Damien to choose on his own accord to throw himself to the oubliette. He did not, did not indeed deserve any of it, he was a monarch in full right!

Vengance! Vengance was what he wanted now, and Damien could feel his veins throbbing again with warm blood, raging blood. But there was still more to be learned from the lady night...

Finally Damien breathes out with renewed vigor, which in the eyes of any viewer might have seemed like an abrupt change of character, a sudden mood swing through which Damien had been going for weeks now, yet he didn't even seem to notice himself.

Tell me, he finally speaks, finding enough courage to stand up, still on a lower level to that of the daedra and looking down to her star-cloaked paws, paws that didn't really seemed all that mystic now with different eyes. He actually recognized them. Next thing he knew his eyes had jumped up to Nyx's own, and she was there in front of him, she who Damien was sure was the only soul in the world he could trust in anymore, and his face lit up at the sight.

Nyx! he gasped, Oh, I've missed you so! You're the only one I can trust in this corrupted world... he spoke as his brows crooked, My own brother has betrayed me! That cunt must pay for what he's done! he swears as the fire comes alive. Blood and fear are the only things that can cleanse the sin from Cicero, and so blood and fear he would bring upon him.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was just about to open her mouth to tell him what she had planned for if his recovery wasn't soon enough, but the air changed around them. The wetness of the tunnels - the dripping of water - she processed everything now that the smell of feces was not as prominent to her nose anymore. The tunnels seemingly lit up with his silvery look staring at her with... recognition? The slightest spark of hope made her eyelids, as well as her heart, flutter nearly uncontrollably. Oh Damien, you can't trust me at all apparently...

What has your brother done, exactly? You simply went mental. She asked with the slightest raise of her speckled brow. How could this state be any more than just an illness he had had since birth? Something that grew and grew until a point beyond his own control? No, this couldn't be the patched male's fault, and she would not allow more blood to be spilled between siblings. Are you ready to listen to me now?
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

She didn't know. No, she couldn't know what Cicero had done. If anyone ever knew Damien's reputation would be tarnished, worth nothing, and so his mouth went shut, eyes lifeless for a second when he realized he had to do this one deed on his own. He blinked, looking back at Nyx with unsettled eyes, swallowing and fixing his posture as though she wouldn't notice his discomfort. But he had to fake it.

I'm ready he speaks, barely acting naturally, yet not for a single second did he seem down to earth.