Nocturne Summit yondering
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
All Welcome 
After finding out about Tindómë, the silvery scout had headed in the opposite direction to weigh her options. It started in the Strath, never finding real trace of the pack the young girl talked about, then worked east to the mountains. They were the range she had grown familiar with before heading to the coast, so naturally, Jomyo decided that there would be a good place to rest and regroup--this translated into something a lot like holing up in the mountains for much longer than she had actually planned. She slept, hunted, scavenged, and kept to a basic routine all by herself for a turn of the moon, days all but misplaced between the next.

More and more, it was seeming as if heading back towards the forest of the King Elk was her next best bet, although she had yet to move on this urge. The nights weren't that bad, and so far, her little lifestyle was fruitful in the meadows hidden away between the peaks. Mostly she was just lonesome and bored, which was something that had not been so much of a bother before. She kept thinking, soon, because she had to. Soon, since it could be a wise move for her. It was getting to be about that time, even if she had been on her own for this long. 

Her peculiar urge to find a high point brought her to this shadowy mountain which ended up being a lot closer to Moonspear than she had intended to come. It loomed dangerously near, always catching her eye, and making her dangerously curious. Jomyo eventually turned to find a horizon it did not occupy immediately so not to feel its gaze right now. She still constantly hoped to find sight of one of her brother's birds carrying word of his safety, but instead only saw lonely vastness each time. Even Tindómë's woods were further away than she had meant to let them get.. yet that all could wait; Jomyo still stubbornly trusted she could and would do more before she made up her mind about anything.

After nothing else up high caught her eye for the whole morning of skimming the heights, she began to move down the elevations on the path of least resistance. On the way, she was set on the prowl for an easy meal before it got too late in the day.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She had slipped away from Moonspear once again, unable to handling the feeling of being cooped up within their borders for any longer. She wondered how much longer the alphas of the pack would be willing to let her just do as she pleased. It was both freeing and something that caused Rouge anxiety. She enjoyed not having to stay within the territory and being able to do whatever she liked, but as she did she waited for one of them to snap on her and she often wondered why they hadn't already. A howl had not been let out to call for her and so she thought she might climb a near by mountain and see what the landscape was like on the other side of it. 

Before she could reach the summit she came across another female that was traveling down the mountain, the opposite direction of her, but would eventually cause the two to cross paths. Always eager to meet new people Rouge ventured closer to this female her tail wagging eerily slow. Her coat was filled with grays, brown and tans. A variety of colors compared to Rouge's pitch black pelt. "What brings you down the mountain dear.?" she asked refering to her as 'dear' as she did many other strangers. 

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She worked along, but never found anything that caught her eye as far as easy food went. Nothing came about to tickle her nose just right either. At least she still had a lot of ground left to cover. Of that, there was certainly no shortage of here in these vast Teekons. She only hoped her patience could outrun fatigue today, and a pretty empty belly was quick to remind her of this notion--or concern, whichever seemed more fitting.

The agouti scout did pick up her head and perk up when she noticed another's approach. She eyed the black-coated female with a mix of interest underlined by caution, but she definitely looked amicable enough judging by the wave of her tail. Jomyo answered back with a weaker one of her own, and only brushed it against her hocks to suggest that she was nothing to be concerned about, either.

As for what brought her here, she didn't have an easy, outright summary. "Just covering ground, mostly." Because she didn't find what she was looking for, and had no other good reasons to stay.. not unless she intended to map those upper elevations' every single route, and she didn't, not right now with winter closing in fast. She had painfully little to gain from it, and a little too much to lose. "No real reason to stay either, I guess," she gestured back up, eyes narrowing as she did before she returned to the inky stranger. "Why've you come?" she asked.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge was happy to hear that the first words out of this strangers mouth weren't ones of detest because Rouge had refered to her as dear. Many didn't like it and even though Rouge would often say it to see how testy her subject was, she always thought it was alittle much when others thought it so rude to become agressive towards her for it. 

She was just wondering around and her next statement confused Rouge a bit. 'No reason to stay', stay where? On the mountain or where she had just come from. My the smell of her scent Rouge assumed that she was a lone wolf. She wondering if her statement about not having reason to stay was around her possibly just leaving her former pack. But as Rouge was thinking this she was asked the same question in return. "Stretching my legs. Taking a break from being within my pack borders."

Rouge figured that once winter hit she would need to stick to the pack for support and shelter through the winter and that now was the last times she would be able to venture far from their territory. 

Unlike Rouge, she thought to introduce herself. Something she was trying out now that she had to think of if she wanted others to ask for her services. "My name is Rouge by the way. But sometimes others just refer to me as 'scout'." the only name her last pack knew her by. 

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Jomyo liked to think she was good at reading strangers thanks to a lot of experience with it (most wolves she met were strangers, after all), and so far, was finding no outright cause for alarm in the presence of this dark wolfess. But that same exposure granted her own healthy respect for what could lurk just out of sight. She always kept suspicions just sharp enough.. just in case.

When she mentioned pack, the Eizokusei scout gave an evident sniff in her direction. Prior, she'd already recognized it, vaguely enough: similar to that other black female with midnight eyes. "The mountain, yeah? What's it like?" she gestured her nose towards the towering peak of Moonspear. She had approached the borderlands once but that was all. It had been quite a long time since she had last run with a pack, so she only gave a little nod beyond that. "I'm Jomyo," she offered back. "A scout too.. but not immediately of a pack right now. Just for my family, essentially.." she supposed. If she found nowhere else to be, that was always her fail-safe, and above all others, her loyalty was strongest to them in the end of it all. 
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge didn't much care for the mountin landscape and prefered forested areas herself. She mostly sought out the mountain ranges when she desired a higher vantage point. She found the tough surface to be cold and often painful to fall on or get rocks stuck between ones toes. "The mountain. I'll just say it's not my cup of tea most of the time." 

But what really drew Rouge's attention was this Jomyo was a scout and in search of her family. Rouge was always on a side quest to find Charron's elusive family, and she wondered in comparison how hard it would be to find Jomyo's. "This family of yours... do you know where they are or are you searching for them?" she asked, once again forgetting to give her name in return. 

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The agouti scout hummed softly, unsure why she would not favor the mountain, although wondering if it was a little like her own iffiness when it came to the coastline. Something about it just did not vibe with her very well. At least never the shores she had known. She had only just met this dark wolf, and could not yet expect her to delve deeply into personal matters. "Ah, okay. At least scouting keeps you out, I would guess," she mentioned, vaguely sympathetic and hopeful that her pack readily granted her such freedoms if she was able to wear scout the title as it were. "Something else keep you there?" she decided to ask, although couldn't say how well she'd answer that herself if the tables were turned.

As for her family, she drew a long, thoughtful breath, and would give some insight here at least because it was so heavy on her mind. "Well, I know where most of them are," she answered. Back at the homelands, in the deep forests beneath the mountain. There she figured her uncle still was their lead, her father close to him, and mother helping to support the sage's heirs on the peak, or at the very least, something similar. Surely she would know by now if this had changed drastically. Then again.. "But my siblings are also scouts, and we used to keep in contact, but I haven't heard a peep in moons now. Can't exactly say where they're at these days, if they're busy or what," she explained. "But I have also been scouting for a good place to land for the wintertime. My other affiliations are all too far," the rover justified with a lengthy look at her momentary companion, certain she would know why.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge was always fascinated by how much others wanted to know about her staying away from her pack. Some thought it wrong, the things that she was doing, and while others didn't outright say they didn’t like her decisions, there wasn’t anyone accepting them. Why was it that so many thought it important why it was Rouge didn’t want to be with her pack? It was getting annoying. So, she didn’t delve into the answer and simply responded with a “nope”.

At first when she spoke about her family Rogue was disappointed. Thinking again that here was someone who wouldn’t need her help again. Even when it became clear that some of her family was still unaccounted for, she thought that even if she did need her help looking for family members, that Rouge had no relation to was very difficult.

Everyone she came across seemed to be a scout, in no need for another wolf with their skills. They had it all taken care of. It made sense that scouts would be around, but every single one! Rouge was now sadly very disinterested in the conversation if it couldn’t benefit her in anyway. “Well you should call for me if you need any help scouting sometime.” she said. Not making a motion to leave just yet, but throwing the idea out there.

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She was fairly young still, therefore with limited experience behind her, but she understood it when the loyalties could be loose or just.. different. With having left behind two packs just for the sake of moving on, she did like to think a part of her just knew how it could be. Sometimes it wasn't always the same, rigid expectations, and neither would she expect it all to always adhere, but the dark-furred scout's no left her little motivation to pry deeper--curiosity or not.

"Mhm, same. I'm thinking of heading back into the valley that way--" she gestured towards the hinterlands, where eventually rested an elk forest.. presumably. That was probably her next destination whether she liked it or not. "Hopefully further than I have been so far. I would say keep an ear out for my siblings, too, but none look like me," and although she did not say so, highly prone to aliases. She was a lot lighter on that than either of her brothers especially but there was no way to know what they were up to these days. It was the very root of her problem here anyway.. "Neither do I know where I may end up next." She had no address, yet.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Wheather unfortunate or not for Jomyo, Rouge didn't feel as though she had the energy to fake her interst in the conversation. I was by no means Jomyo's fault. Rouge was looking for something that seemed to be impossible to find, and every encounter where she couldn't find it took alittle more energy and excitement out of her.

"Well... Best wishes to you on your search then." Rouge said with a slight smile before trotting off in an aimless direction. 

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The dark scout from the mountains had little else to say, and seemed to wrap matters up well enough with her well-wishes. Jomyo was of no disposition to drag it out beyond what was needed so she was satisfied to tie it up there. While there was more she could probably ask about, her thoughts were spanning this way and that; she didn't know where to begin, and at least she knew what she did from her. It was definitely not a useless sort of encounter. "Yep, thanks.. and likewise, for wherever the route goes for you next," she tipped her snout down in a fast nod. She didn't know the other scout's goals or plans, so gave her a general sort of well-wish in return, it being the least she could do for this wolf who she had shared a few minutes with. "See ya," she offered for a farewell, and then was on her way in the next breath.