Blacktail Deer Plateau The Birds Are Chirping
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel wandered about the territory of this pack that he had joined. He did not know what exactly he was going to do now, except survive till after winter. That was the plan. Though, with how his life had gone so far, life had many ways of turning his plans around. What was he to do, if he would even manage to stick around long enough during winter.

So this he thought about as he wandered around, what would be his next course of action, and his expression showed he was deep in thought. He wasn't really paying attention to his surroundings. Something else that came across his mind was how he would manage to stick around, and to do that he would have to earn his place.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for crap post!

It had not taken a large period of time to hear of the new arrivals to the pack, and so after finishing up a short hunting patrol he had gone out to search for them. Their scents were still not mixed into those of the Morningside wolves, so distinguishing and following those scents was not all that hard - especially for the young hunter. 

After a good while of walking, Kieran came upon a wolf with almost similar colouration to he not too far in the distance. Figuring this was one of the new wolves (he did not recognise their appearance), he decided to approach. The boy grinned and padded closer, barking a greeting until they were in speaking range. "Hello! You're one of the new wolves, right? I'm Kieran!"
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel turned his head slightly while still moving along to see a younger wolf, much younger. "That I would be. And who might you be, Kieran?" Engel asked in return. "Engel's the name, by the way" he added after. He paused there, thinking what he could ask next, after an answer was received. This wolf was young, and while Engel did like the younger types, this wolf was perhaps too young for him.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The stranger confirmed that he was indeed new, and Kieran nodded, then grinned. "I'm a hunter." His agouti tail waved gently behind him, and the boy perked his ears forward to catch the male's name. "Nice to meet ya, Engel. Hope you enjoy it here. What do you think of it so far?" He didn't know how long the wolf had been here but he thought he might ask anyway.
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel raised a brow toward the little hunter, he laid down onto his belly with his paws under his chin. "It's...it's all going well for now" he answered back to Kieran." His tail gently swayed back and forth behind him, tapping his forth left first then right, again and again as he awaited an answer from the boy. "So, how you know Grayday? He sure is quite a soft guy, for someone who looks tough like him."
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Back to my normal length posts, I hope! :3

The other male lowered himself down so that he was lying on the ground, paws neatly tucked under his chin. Kieran, although he did not copy Engel's actions, lowered his own hind down into a sitting postition, looking at the wolf with sparkling green eyes. Curious, he was - the boy always had been. He didn't wish to know everything about everything and everyone, but he did long for knowledge of the world. His curiousity, this time, was focused on the newcomer, and who he was. 

"I'm glad," Kieran grinned, nodding his agouti head gently. He hated to see wolves go, like when Gwen had left. She hadn't found her place in the world, it seemed, and here was not that place. She had lost herself, though, and not many he came across could relate. Or, perhaps they could - perhaps they had just been able to hide it well enough that he might never notice. Not that he didn't ever notice, for he had seen that ever dimming light in wolves' eyes before. He himself had felt like he was losing himself at one point. He hoped the same would not occur for Engel. 

"Oh," The boy hesitated. "Well, after my mother died and my old pack disbanded, a couple of us left to find somewhere new. A few.. got lost on the way, or beforehand, like my sister, but we found Grayday and his two kids. Sunny and Dawn. We stayed with them for a little while, it looked like they had originally planned to go back to their pack, but we just kind of... stayed together. My dad is here too. We grouped up, made Morningside. Grayday is nice. I respect him a lot." The young hunter shrugged then, curling his tail around his paws to keep them warm. "He is tough when he needs to be."
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel lifted his head a little as Kieran began the story of how he joined up with Grayday. He could already tell that this was going to be a long one. And he found it all very interesting. 

"Lost a few, huh? That can be pretty hard on many...What was your mother like?" he asked, curious to know. "It's good to keep the memory of your mother in your mind." This advice he gave him hadn't gone well for him, as he already forgot his own mother's face. Then Kieran said that his father was here. 

"Who's your father? And may I ask, how was your old pack?" He was full of questions for the younger wolf. He wondered what he meant by how Grayday wanted to return to his old pack, and where that could be.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Awww, talking about Eden in past tense makes me sadddd

The boy nodded, feeling a twinge of sadness. Indeed, they had lost a few on the way. When the topic of his mother was brought up, he smiled softly, feeling the memories creep up. "My mother.... Eden... she was beautiful. She had pretty white fur, and cared a lot for me and my sister. She had a strong belief in Gods, and taught us often of religion. I'm not as religious as she was, but it was nice to believe in. And she taught me French!" He smiled, recalling the language he liked to use sometimes.

"Sylvas is my father," He grinned. He needed to speak to his father again soon. "My old pack? Well, it wasn't a pack long enough for me to really say. I wasn't born there. I was born in another pack, but there was an attack and we had to flee. I don't really remember much of it to be honest." Morningside felt most like home out of them all. He had been here the longest, and here was where he'd like to stay.
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel listened. He had met many beautiful females. But, talking and listening to this boy made him think of his own children. All the ones he did now know. He had a brief recollection of the one he did know, so long ago. And it changed his expression, suddenly going blank for a moment before the memory was gone, just like that. 

"French? Another language...you must teach me some time." He thought to himself that perhaps if he used some comments of another language, he would be ever more flirtatious. "An attack..." The memory came back again, this time of that day, when he ran and his expression went blank again. 

"Oh, Heartha" he murmured to himself so very quietly. It had been years since she saw her. Then he was out of his trance. "It must have been a bad attack if you had to run."
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran nodded, beaming. He'd never taught anyone French before. "I'd love to teach you." He grinned, wagging his tail slightly. Mother would be proud , wouldn't she? The male then spoke of a word that he recognised, or believed to - however it had been too quiet for him to accurately distuinguish. So he said nothing,  then nodded. "I was very young at the time. I got a little scar from it, I don't usually speak about it but it's on my neck somewhere." It was mostly hidden by the thick fur on his neck, only easily spotted if grooming.
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled. He wondered about all the things he could do with learning french. All the new flirtations he could use. "You're a very nice male, you know that? I'd be surprised if you hadn't found someone yet" he said, with a hinting smile. "Who knows, maybe you'll find someone who likes french as much as you."

"Hey, females dig the scars."
Although that wasn't completely true, Engel felt it was. "It's good to get things out, you know" he then added, his tone a bit more serious. "Might make a good story for your kids."
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He gave a small breath of laughter, but shook his head. "I thought I found someone, once. He's.. he's gone now, though." Was it odd, that he thought of another male in that way? Perhaps. He didn't push away the idea of liking a girl in that way too, but his heart... he missed Hawthorn. "Maybe I'll find someone again one day. Be it a girl or a boy."

He smiled softly, nodding. "Maybe." Kids... that hadn't been a thought that had ever crossed his mind. Did he want kids one day? He thought about it now, and he couldn't say he'd push away the idea. He'd... he'd like kids one day.
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel raised a brow. Day, this boy actually like both, it seemed. Almost just like Engel. "You'll find someone, I am sure of it. I mean, look at me. A lean guy like me, who's got the personality that is likely to get anyone's tail snapped off, and I found someone. If you were a bit older, I probably would fancy you" he said, trying to up his spirits.

"I'm kidding, by the way...But you will find someone. You just gotta be more confident." He gave a wink of confidence, then stood up. "So, you still up for giving me a french lesson?" he asked. 

Want to fade it here, or play them out with Kieran teaching him?
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
I'd love if we could fade here, though for sure we can have a french lesson thread sometime!

He giggled a little, nodding slightly. "I suppose I haven't really ever thought about finding someone before." He spoke, pondering as his mind set to work recounting any memories he had of the previous thoughts. No... he did not remember having a discussion with himself about it. Or anyone, for that matter.

The ginger-furred boy smiled warmly, tail sweeping in short wags behind him. "Confidence, huh..." Not arrogant, just confident. Right? He could do that. He silently took note of the advice, hoping it might come in handy later. Then his ears perked again. "Yes! We'll definitely have to do that sometime." Though the sun had begun its descent below the horizon and as he glanced upward he realised he would have to get a move on if he were to go on one last hunt before he stopped to rest for the night. "I better go now, but come find me any time and I can teach you a few things." 

"Cya around, Engel." Then, with a wave of his tail and another smile, the boy pranced away into the coming darkness.
English * French
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged, Engel had thought about it once. But that was so long ago, it was far from his own mind. "Confidence earns all the ladies" he said, although Engel's confidence was proff that it was not always the case. Especially around here. 

He nodded to Kieran, hopeful of the next time they meet so that they could get to that french lesson. "And I look forward to that meeting, Kieran. See you around." He smiled to himself as he watched Kieran go off.