Blacktail Deer Plateau Eyebrow Wiggles
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel went to seek out the alpha male that had greeted him and Spencer into the pack of Morningside. He had to admit, @Grayday seemed brighter than a gray day to the elder male. Spencer had not lied, he was kind. But, he was also...well, the only word Engel could think of was handsome. Someone the elder would no doubt try to flirt with, if the opportunity came.

But, the elder had something else in mind. He just wanted to talk with Grayday, find out what he could about him. And how this pack worked. So he went out on a stroll, hopeful to walk into Day's path.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
@Tallulah is welcome to jump in, if she wants!
Grayday missed his daughter terribly, and thought often about her and the rest of the scouting party. Were they safe? Was Dawn keeping them fed? Was Adi warm enough? The nights had dipped awfully the past several days - so much that Grayday had been forced to retire to Pema's den with his children so they wouldn't catch a chill. He hoped that the three had enough sense to huddle together, but he should've told them instead of assuming...

Fretting thusly, the male ranged throughout his territory, hoping he might run into Catori somewhere along the way. Still, he was almost as glad to see another face instead.

"Engel," he greeted with a nod of his head. "I haven't seen much of you - how've you been settling in?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel spotted the gray wolf approaching, and purposefully stepped in his path, but made it seem like he was headed that way. He looked away, for a moment, then turned with a smile to face Grayday. 

"Well, greetings to you Grayday. Though I wouldn't say you are that gray" he murmured at the end, he just couldn't help himself. He could not hold back the flirtations. "A nice pack you've got here. I've been settling in, as best I really can." By that, he meant that he hadn't met anyone else.

"So, Grayday, how did you come to make this pack, may I ask? Surely it wasn't just your kindess, and charming looks."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday found at once that there was something about the other male he didn't like. "I am gray," he replied, confused and a little alarmed by Engel's inability to see this. The more he went on, though, the more Grayday felt as though he was being mocked. What was his angle?

"Cut that out," the male barked, his tail lifting and his ear pressing forward. He ignored the male's question, for the time being, still thinking that fun was being had at his expense. "If you have somethin' to say to me, I expect you to say it plainly," he said harshly, his gaze hawkish upon the older male.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel reacted carefully, backing down. His ears pinned back against the sides of his head, his head bowing down toward the ground. "I-I meant no harm by it..." Now he could see somewhat of why he made a good leader. Let alone being handsome, and kind, he also made a good alpha. Engel could see that. "I sometimes can't help myself, I sometimes flirt, or blurt something out."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was easily appeased by Engel's excuse, not one to hold a grudge when other options were presented to him. Conciliatory tones quickly loosened his rigid stance, and he took a second look at Engel as he explained his strange tone and confusing words.

"So," said Grayday, having a bit of difficulty wrapping his mind around the concept, "you're coming on to me?"

He'd never been very good at knowing when someone was flirting with him, but at least with women, things made a bit more sense when the lightbulb finally switched on. He was a desireable man, after all, who'd already produced two healthy, beautiful litters. It did not, however, make sense for another man to be interested in him.

What was the gain?
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Uh...." Engel wasn't sure whether to confirm or deny what Grayday was asking. He shifted one of his paws anxiously. He wasn't usually nervous about it, but when he lets slip a flirt toward them, and they point it out, it flips the situation on it's head.

"Well I...it happens with a lot of others I come across...sometimes I just can't help myself..." Then he grew a smirk, shifint his gaze away. "Especially when they are so handsome and alpha-like." He paused for a moment, pretending to look off at something else. "If you want me to stop, just say so. But that means no more compliments."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave the male another long look, still not certain he wasn't being mocked. It seemed, however, that Engel was telling the truth, and really was just a weirdo. Grayday was gratified to know that the problem wasn't with him.

"Then there's no problem, I suppose," he decided, although he did feel that Engel didn't know him quite well enough to be so familiar with him. "Sorry I snapped."

His tail swished, then, declaring the issue closed. "You were asking me something, weren't you?" he hedged, hoping to get the conversation back on the rails.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel had a rather awkward look about him on his face, now that that was over. He had to really get a hold of all of his flirting, as he did not want to get into another situation like this. Something easier said than done. "No, you don't need to be sorry...I just need to stop flirting with everyone."

As Grayday asked about Engel's question, Engel's awkward was mostly gone. "Ah yes, that. I was asking, 'How did you come to make this pack?'" He was most curious about how.
10 Posts
Ooc —
oh my gosh so sorry!

She had decided to hang around for a while especially since both injuries still caused her enough pain to make a lot of movement difficult. Besides....riding around on a fierce predator was kinda badass right? She found that most of the time she could bury herself in his fur and remain unseen unless she wished to be seen. Sometimes she thought that Gray even forgot she was there, something that made her secretly delighted. She could spy on him anywhere,anytime.....but did she really have a reason to? Not at all...she was just a bored little girl who wasn't the brightest or sanest.

She had listened into the conversation and stifled her laughter by shoving her good paw into her mouth but finally it was too much. Scrambling up the back of his neck she lay herself across the top of his head, holding onto his ears for balance as she greeted the other wolf "Ello there! You ain't the best at flirtin are ya?" she asked but not in a rude way.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
No problem! Tallulah is welcome in any Grayday threads, but you certainly don't have to show up in all of them <3
Before he could answer, a tiny, squeaking voice sounded off near his ears. He stiffened a bit in surprise, having forgotten that she was there at all, but quickly recovered. It took a few seconds longer to puzzle through her odd chipmunk accent/dialect, but when he realized what she'd said, he had to set his face in order to hold back a chuckle.

"Tallulah, this is Engel," he introduced, doing a remarkable job at keeping a straight face. "And Engel, this is my good friend Tallulah."

Indeed, he'd grown quite fond of the little critter since she'd taken up residence in the fur of his nape.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel saw Grayday about to answer, before he noticed that something had come upon the other male's head, something rather small that looked more like a rodent than what Engel originally thought to be a leaf. 

"You, uh...you got something on your-" Grayday spoke, having noticed the chipmunk as well. "W...Wait. You've named that thing?" Engel shifted his gaze up to the chipmunk. "Uh, hi...hey, I am just as good at flirting as anyone else" he slightly glared toward the chipmunk, taking offense to that. He could be told not to flirt, but being told that he sucked at it, that he considered an insult.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Tallulah stared at Engel with horror before giving Grayday's ear a tug "Day....Did he just call me a thing?" she whispered quietly before her nose and tail began to twitch rapidly a sure sign of her annoyance. Scooting until she sat straight up on his head she glared at Engel with her fiercest look and waved her tiny paw at him "You're about as much of a flirt as I am a thing" she retorted sourly turning her nose up at the reddish furred wolf. She was only ballsy because she knew (or hoped) that if the male tried to eat her Grayday would stop him.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Be nice," Grayday said sternly to the two of them, hoping to stave off a flashback to Sunny and Dawn's youth. He wasn't about to take sides. On the one hand, he didn't think Engel was very good at flirting, since he hadn't even been able to tell that was what was going on. On the other, though, it wasn't polite to point such things out the way Tallulah had. In some ways, she was proving to be more trouble than she was worth... but those ear scratches saved her every time.

He turned his attention back to Engel, hoping the two would heed him.

"Sylvas and I founded Morningside," he said, not mentioning Heartha or Khoe for the sake of keeping things simple. He didn't want to explain where either women had gone. "We'd both recently lost our mates, and had young children to care for, and were looking for something new. So we settled down in a hilly land to the east, and just before autumn, we moved to this plateau. Our old territory wasn't fit for the colder months."
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel opened his mouth to throw back a retort about how he was going to season the chipmunk with it's own nuts it collects before Grayday butted in. He had already seen how Grayday could be when being alpha-like, he didn't want to see that again...at least, a part of him didn't.

"Sylvas? Who might that be?" He paused for a moment. "Brother? Friend? He's not something more, is he?" He would feel rather saddened if this male was already taken. He would take that as a 'no more flirting' sign.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday bristled at the male's intrusive, demanding tone. He remembered telling Pema he wished wolves would be more direct, but if this was what direct felt like, then he'd rather beat around the bush.

"Get out of my sight," he snapped,  taking a threatening step toward the strange wolf. "Talk to me again when you've learned some manners. Until then, if you see me comin', you'd better step aside."

Stiff and bristling, he waited for Engel to take his advice - or face the consequences of not taking it.
What's Mine is Ours
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was quite surprised by the response Grayday gave, and was about to retort when he recalled how Grayday got when Engel flirted with him. So, he shrugged and turned away, getting out of there. Soon going into a speed walk when he was out of sight, muttering to himself.