Sea Lion Shores I'm at one, and I've been quiet for too long.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
For Mink!

Again, Durnehviir ventured beyond the borders of her home. With their number's increasing and ranks gradually becoming established, the russet Frostfur was content that the pack's land would be supported enough for her to have some time to herself. She did not travel far, however; the sea drew her in, and this time she meandered toward the coast to the East. 

On her previous visit to the Teekon's shores, her path crossed with a sandy wolfess by the name of Pebble, who had not been sure how she'd come to find herself there. Durnehviir had offered her the location of Ravensblood if she wished an audience with Constantine to secure a place among the wolves who resided there, but she'd heard nothing of her arrival. There was guilt, of course, for letting her continue on her own when she was clearly lost, but at the same time had to remember Viinturuth's teachings: the world's waifs and strays are not our problem.

He'd very much been a 'survival of the fittest' type, where Durnehviir wanted to take care of everyone. She was gentle and kind, like her mother before her, with a large heart and eagerness to please. She thought fondly of her proud uncle as she trailed through the loose, cool sand, and hoped he was doing just fine - wherever he'd wound up.

Pausing to look out over the rolling waves at the evening sunset, she couldn't help but wonder if he was looking at the same horizon and missing her as sorely. 
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
32 Posts
Ooc —
I absolutely did lose this thread. My bad! Thanks for reminding me!

The storm was closer, but he had misjudged when it would make landfall. There was plenty of time for him to explore the coast and watch the clouds drag; so Mink had left the shelter he'd found with Weetzie, bade his farewell, and moved on. The more he wandered the more he missed home, but Mink could not return there. Without his grandmother there was nothing to tie him to that place - besides that, she had always pressured him to disperse and become something greater. Be like the wind, she would always demand, get a move on, child!

Well, he was moving now. The beach opened up on to some dry, salt-heavy grasslands as he perused, and from there the land became temporarily rocky, but upon closer inspection Mink saw the stones were really pulverized shells; there were oyster shells aplenty, mussles, bits of crab, all netted by seaweed. Beyond even that though, where the sand became fine and wet and the sea dragged eagerly at everything, there were large pools of trapped water.

Mink was curious of these spots - but even before he began to mosey towards them, he spied a figure by the water. The light bloomed around her like a halo, casting her in dark shades while outlining her silhouette. For a split second Mink was awe-struck, but then he remembered himself and carefully plotted a course closer. He did not go far before a larger than average wave swept in from the sea, and he barked sharply in surprise - look out!