Lake Rodney partying like john belushi
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Okay, so he'd managed to visit the Bramblewood a few times, but what was south of the caldera? Titmouse had never really itched to explore that much previously, so this was all new to him - but maybe his desire spawned from the habit of the Vale wolves to wander? He never needed to seek out the scout trade before because, well, who  needed a scout when your whole family wandered around aimlessly? So he headed south that morning, making a bee-line with all his seemingly boundless energy reserves; the edge of the lake was shining bright beneath the midday sun, and a chill wind was blowing from the mountains. For the first time since his arrival (as he stood before the glass-surface of the lake, watching bugs zip in every direction and fish poke at the surface as if the summer had never ended), Tit felt like things were going to be alright.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was not a good day for Awinita. She had found a bees nest on the ground but it looked deserted and it was fricking autumn so they shouldn't be active right? wrong. She had stuck her nose into it to lick out some honey and out came the bees angry as hell. Snorting and bucking as the swarm surrounded her she booked it straight to the lake. Screaming with fear and probably looking nuts she ran and jumped straight into the lake where she stayed under for as long as she could before surfacing and climbing out to shore.

Shaking her pelt out she looked around and spotted the greyish male. Now back to her normal mute by choice self she gave a slow wag of her tail and dipped her head, lowering herself to make it a point that she wasn't a threat.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
The stillness did not last. No sooner had a sense of calm descended upon him that it was disrupted, and he couldn't pinpoint how it happened, not at first. There was a scream beyond him, the thundering of paws against the earth, and then something came careening through the tree line and in to the lake. The time it took was nothing - but the screams themselves, they shocked him so abruptly that Titmouse didn't move. He watched as this pale blob came careening free of the shadows (chased by a shadow!) and then it plunged directly in to Lake Rodney.

Tit stared at the cacophonous surface for a minute. Then another. His eyes were wide and his fur was standing on-end; gradually though, the boy got to his feet and began investigating the lake's edge for clues. He didn't have to wait long before the pale creature erupted from the water, crawled free (closer to himself actually), and then plopped down as if it were totally normal to run screaming from the forest.

The boy did not know what to do. He didn't really have time to back out of this social situation - she had spotted him and come crawling over after all - and he was still quite stunned by the events. So, awkwardly, he moseyed closer and said: Are you okay? But in his head he thought, 'I mean clearly you're nuts but, just how nuts are you?'
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Studying him as he noticed her she noticed the way his fur bristled and the way he looked at her. He was looking at her like she was insane and despite the way her heart still pounded with fear she burst out into a peal of giggles. Taking a deep breath she held it until she was sure she had swallowed down her laughter and nodded slowly "Bees. I...figured they'd be asleep by now. I was going to eat some honey but...they got offended" she said trying to explain why she had come bursting through like a madwoman. "Other than a few stings and being soaked, I'm alright yes. Sorry if I frightened you" she said offering him a lopsided smile.

Now that they had been mentioned the stings decided to start throbbing and she turned her head to place a few firm licks at them. They would hurt for a while but it wasn't anything serious, Unfortunately she didn't know the proper herbs or treatments to make them heal faster. "Do you uh...know anything about herbs for beestings?" she asked turning back to the male.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
You get my #200!

She was nuts. Absolutely nuts. First of all, who went looking for bees? Secondly... Well, okay, he didn't know what else to think, only listening and staring as if she were a fish out of water. Judging by her soaking pelt, that might've been close to the truth at this point. Her question made him reconnect to the moment, and he scoffed. I'm not a medic, his head shook quickly, eager to distance himself from that trade, but it also made him think of someone who could help. But uh, I know one.

Titmouse didn't know the policy about helping strangers, or if he should be chasing this girl back in to the water and away from the caldera, but he surmised that they were a good distance away regardless. Raven was always eager to show off her abilities and to help people, just like he was - so why not offer her services? I could call them if you need something. Tit didn't have the required skills but that didn't mean he was totally useless.

As an afterthought he added, What does honey taste like?
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinita laughed at how offended he sounded by being asked if he was a medic, almost as if he found the profession horrible. She gave him a curious look before flicking her ears "My bad, You make it sound as if being a medic is the worst thing possible" she said her voice tinged with amusement. The offer for getting someone he knew that was a medic was met with a shake of her head but a grateful smile "No, whoever it is can save their skills and medicine for something that really needs it" she said graciously. The conversation turned back to honey and she licked her lips as if imagining the taste "Sweet and sticky and smooth. It's really really good. It helps soothe sore throats and sweetens bad tasting herbs. Ironically it also soothes beestings" she said with a grin. 

"Usually this late into the year the bees all hibernate. That's the best time to collect honey from the fallen hives, which I tried to do but they were still awake" she said repeating the explanation with a sigh of disappointment. Suddenly a new question popped into her mind and she turned her eyes back to him "Are you in a pack? Do you know of any nearby?" she asked hopefully. She had been roaming for quite some time alone now and hadn't had any luck with packs, in fact she had gotten chased away and given a scar by a pack she accidentally trespassed upon.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
She must not have been as injured as he thought because she refused his offer, and Tit felt a little bothered by that. He wanted to show off Raven and her abilities, and also spend more time with her - but it was fine, this girl could be all humble and charming and whatever.

"Im part of a pack yeah," he confirmed absently, half listening to the pale girl talk about honey. When given a chance he concluded, "my family controls the caldera to the east - I can show you if you want? I mean, you look like you could use a place to dry off and get warm," he felt flush and a bit embarrased for making such a blatant offer - but Titmouse was hecking awkward and hitting his stride as a teen so... par for the course.

Besides, if she was interested in medicine then maybe she could learn from the best! Raven would get a friend out of it too -- gosh, he was getting way ahead of himself now.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her eyes widened at the offer and she nodded eagerly, excited at the idea of being able to meet another pack. She had only met two packs so far one of which was on an island off the mainland and the other....she hadn't met so much as intruded upon and been chased off by a large and scary brute of a man. "I'd really like that...I've been looking for a home so..." she said accepting the offer with a few solid thumps of her tail against the ground. Realizing she had assumed that he was offering her a spot to join she felt her own face heat up and she floundered for words "I mean...um...Ya know...if you guys are accepting and I like it and you guys like me..." she stammered awkwardly.

He looked like he felt pretty weird too and the whole situation was so utterly awkward that she giggled and ducked her head  "Hey....relax. I don't bite. My name's Awinita but feel free to call me Winni" she said in a gentler tone giving him a proper introduction. Falling silent once more she looked at him expectantly, hoping to hear his name in return.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Fade here? I can start the coninuation if you want!

Her enthusiasm was infectious, and he thought he saw a tinge of nervousness on her part too; this smoothed things over somewhat, just knowing he wasn't feeling strange on his own. The thought hadn't crossed his mind yet that she might not be accepted. She seemed healthy, capable, and even maybe useful, so why not give her a chance?

Winni, he parroted with a small nod, then a smile. I'm -- the warrior known as Screech, feared throughout the realm? Nah. Titmouse. You can.. Call me whatever. The boy shrugged nonchalantly and didn't realize until he'd turned and begun shepherding her away from the water that he just gave her permission to call him Tit. He didn't comment, but began to guide her towards the caldera. I'll call for Raven, she's the resident medic I was talking about. I'm sure with her blessing you'll be allowed to stay.

It would be a couple of hours, but they'd make it back to the pack's boundary soon enough.