King Elk Forest winding way
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She could not decide if she should read further into his answer. Okay was certainly one manner of going, one that she could relate to these days, and not always a bad one. When he spoke on about the elk, she couldn't help but quirk a brow; evidently, they did keep good tabs on him. Or it seemed that way, and Jomyo took it for what it was worth well enough to like the sounds of plenty to hunt.

As for not here, she frowned, displeased; "Uneventful. Getting cold." she clicked her teeth, feeling frustration threaten to edge in on her at the thought of winter--a horrible time for scouting about freely, wandering to wherever she pleased. It was a lot like last year (almost down to the day even), only even less defined this time around without a single word to go on. She felt completely on her own this time, and peered at him like she couldn't decide what else to say.. which wasn't wrong. Jomyo's ears angled back anew. "I still haven't heard any word from my siblings--they're scouts too, we used to touch base sometimes--and winter's soon." There hung a lick of bitterness on her tongue. She was sour she was sad about them, and maybe a small bit worried.

They were plenty able, though. If she was out here still kicking and cruising along, they were probably the same; she just didn't appreciate the silence on the matter, and how faraway they had all evidently grown while busy with their own doings.

Since she hadn't brought up that matter in their last encounter, she knew she had to tie it in for relevance. Delight wouldn't know how long she'd wandered without due cause, at least not one that was too far away to truly matter. He couldn't quite know how it was she did this, and she sighed, deciding to dive-bomb for her next point before it could weigh her down more. "I may need a spot for the winter," somehow, she eyed him even more carefully to watch how he'd take that. He wasn't the Morwinyon, she knew, but he had to have some good sense of this place and his leader. Jomyo lent him her trust that he'd let her know if this was going to crash and burn before she pressed it any further than this. "There are not many packs near here, and even outside that, few that are worth a second glance sometimes." The mountain's wolves was her only other reoccurring theme besides this elk forest, but she wasn't that ready for heights yet. "You said this was trades emphasizing here. I was literally raised to do what I do, so.." Her interest was now out there, down to her reasons why. She wanted a comfortable base, some sliver of camaraderie to enjoy when she wanted it, and above all, to make use of what she knew she could do when uninhibited. Being frank, she went on: "I can't guarantee anything absolutely permanent, but for me, it's the best lead I've seen in moons."
Messages In This Thread
winding way - by Jomyo - October 29, 2017, 12:58 AM
RE: winding way - by Ariel - October 29, 2017, 10:10 PM
RE: winding way - by Jomyo - October 30, 2017, 11:58 PM
RE: winding way - by Ariel - November 01, 2017, 07:15 PM
RE: winding way - by Jomyo - November 08, 2017, 01:55 AM
RE: winding way - by Ariel - November 08, 2017, 11:30 AM
RE: winding way - by rip gemini - November 08, 2017, 04:26 PM
RE: winding way - by Jomyo - November 11, 2017, 01:32 AM
RE: winding way - by Ariel - November 12, 2017, 12:20 PM
RE: winding way - by rip gemini - November 13, 2017, 04:09 AM
RE: winding way - by Jomyo - November 18, 2017, 01:37 AM