Stone Circle It was ninety million hundred fifty thousand hundred feet in the air
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The young Saefyn squinted up the length of the pillar-shaped boulder toward its domed top, tail switching pensively behind him. The faint gleam of red that he had noticed a week ago was still as visible as ever, limned with light from the sun behind him, but the rest of it was a dingy grey colour. The boulders collected in Stone Circle were of different compositions, but this was the only one that Burr could see the glimmer of red on the surface of. As far as he could tell or smell, none of the other stones contained the compound, which had a tangy scent that was comparable to that of freshly spilled blood.

He had yet to find a small rock containing it for Cyron, so Burr had returned to Stone Circle to study the boulder more closely. However, he didn't even know where to start. The boulder had wavy lines all across its surface, especially on the west side where it looked like a piece had broken off and the jagged interior exposed. It smelled earthy, but that was true of every single rock Burr had ever encountered. The boy frowned.

"How'm I supposed to find a pretty rock for Cyron if I dunno what kind of rock to look for it in?" he wondered aloud, sitting down heavily and glaring at the boulder. Though he had heard a lot about the various trades from his parents before their departure, Burr had never heard of a wolf who knew about rocks. He would've liked to ask someone, but as far as he knew, there was no one in the world to ask. With a snort, the adolescent picked himself back up and turned away, aiming a kick at a cobble that looked loose, only to squeal loudly in pain when his paw connected with its solid block.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook hadn't expected company when she'd chosen to explore the Circle today, unless one counted the congregation of standing stones as companions. She knew them better than she knew most of the wolves she ran with here, their grooves now familiar, with every small quirk and oddity. With not one alike, she found more than enough to busy herself, and she had never poured so readily through the knowledge she'd learned in the North of rocks and the earth as she did so now.

This afternoon, the stones struck their usual mystery and stood in their usual count - save for a visitor, a fellow dwarfed by the Circle, grey as some, but very much wolf. By habit, Nanook skewed her approach to the path least visible, and reconsidered her venture here - but his antics intrigued her, and she raised her brow. So far she had seen very little interest in her packmates concerning things of the earth. Though she knew many who watched the skies, as she too watched them, Nanook had failed to find a soul since leaving the North who seemed to turn the ground with the same passion.

Perhaps this man was a newcomer - but his voice rang familiar, and she slicked her ears at his sharp and sudden cry. Not new - the boy from the stream. Their first meeting had been eventless, and though he hadn't left an astounding impression on her as far as children went, he had done nothing to warrant a negative strike, so she approached with neutrality, and a glance at the rock he had scored himself against.

"Won't respect you if you won't respect them," she said, her voice pulling neither this way nor that - a simple statement, until she spoke again. "Were you... studying the rocks?" Her thirst leaked through in the faintest edge, and her eyes lit with a curious glimmer.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
"Huh?" asked Burr, perplexed, when Nanook drew up and explained that he wouldn't get any respect from the rocks by being rude to them. What the heck? He barely remembered her as the wolf who had willingly gotten herself wet in the river—even now, Burr had an aversion to water unless he was dirty enough to warrant a bath—but her matter-of-fact tone made him frown. "Rocks can't talk," he rejoined, somewhat arrogantly, but his ears wilted at the tips as he added moments later, "...can they?"

His gaze swung back to the stone, catching on the pretty gleam of russet red that had drawn his attention in the first place. They'd never spoken to him, but now that he thought about it, he couldn't write off Nanook's claim without proof of the opposite. "I dunno," he responded honestly. "I just saw this red stuff and wanted to find more. Cyron will like it if... uh, when he comes home."