The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Takes place the night of this thread. @Dauntless
The night was warm enough to Grayday. The cold couldn't touch him through his thickening furs, but it did sting at his nose when he breathed in the sharp, autumn air. And, when he breathed out, his breath billowed like smoke from the maw of a dragon - something that made Lavender giggle as she passed by him, heading into Pema's den for the night.

Easy was curled a few yards away, nose tucked into her tail but eyes still bright and open. They tracked the movements of her packmates as they settled in for the night, and lingered on Grayday's when she saw him watching her. They exchanged a wag of tails before their gazes moved on once more.

Grayday was looking for his son, worry burning in his stomach.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless knew he wasn't allowed to go into the den tonight... but if it was meant to be a punishment, he hadn't taken it as such. He trotted up to his father, completely forgetting about their earlier skirmish. Sure, it was a little bit chilly, but Dauntless didn't seem to mind. Maybe he had acclimated well enough to the colder weather, or maybe the run he'd just gone on was still keeping him warm. Whatever the case, he didn't even attempt to go to the den, flopping down beside his father instead.

"Will you tell me a bedtime story?" he asked.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Relief cut through him once at Dauntless's sudden appearance, and then again at his nonchalant tone. Though discipline was a regular part of their daily life, Grayday always got this horrible feeling afterward - as though, this time, it would not be forgiven, and a wedge would be driven between him and his children that could never be removed. But Dauntless seemed to be bearing up to the dreaded consequences, and Grayday could not help peppering his face with licks in his relief.

"I will tell you a story," said Grayday, "as long as you promise me we'll talk about what happened earlier today. But the story can come first. Does that sound fair to you?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours