Redhawk Caldera I got girls all across the continent
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
All Welcome 
@Awinita -- set before Tit is grabbed, oops timelines

Titmouse had called for his sister @Raven just as they left the lake, and while he tried not to sound pushy with the summons he did have a note of urgency that couldn't be hidden. His nerves were getting the best of him somehow; but the girl was still there, following after him happily. Occasionally the boy would turn and glance at her, maybe expecting her to vanish like a ghost or a mirage or something, but if he caught her eye he'd swivel back around with haste. Before long the caldera came in to view and Titmouse slowed their ascent, letting Winni fall in beside him, and then he stopped altogether - making sure she didn't go too far.

Okay, this is it. Raven should be here soon. He tried to sound hopeful for Awinita's sake, but now that they were actually here and she was probably super stoked, he felt a weird pressure from all around. Raven's the best medic in the Teekon! That thing you said before about me -- I mean, about not caring about medicine, or whatever, that -- not true at all! I'm -- I'm Raven's apprentice! I'm going to be the best one day too. Unless you join up and beat me at it. He was talking out of his ass again, but if it kept Awinita distracted long enough for Raven to arrive, all the better. Plus it meant the pale girl was paying attention to him - something he hadn't realized was kind of... weirdly... important.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Winni did follow happily behind Titmouse, the boy's enthusiasm was infectious and the fact that he seemed to eager to show the pack off to her was something that only boosted her excitement to see it. Finally they stopped and he said that the girl, one he had mentioned before named Raven, would be here soon. She nodded quietly her excitement beginning to be dampened by nervousness, an almost normal thing for her. She wasn't used to meeting and holding conversations with people despite being in Teekon for almost a month and meeting different typed of wolves.

When he began to babble she focused on him intently her lips slowly curving into an amused smile. He was just as nervous as she was, at least that much was obvious. "I'd...well I am interested in medicine but..I'd never just waltz in and take your spot."  she said truthfully. If he already had his heart set on becoming a medic than she would avoid taking it from him. If she even joined this pack that is.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Small talk was not his forte, but there was no avoiding it. She was cute as she tried to ease his nerves. If there was one thing Titmouse excelled at though it was competition, and if she wasn't willing to play along then -- well, he didn't really think that far ahead. You probably couldn't even if you tried. I mean you're probably very smart and stuff but, I'm Raven's son. I've grown up around this stuff! Another series of lies slid off his tongue easily enough - and loudly too. The only truth to the statement was that Raven was his mom (well, sort of), a fact he hadn't shared before. He hastily added, Its okay though, I'm sure you can still learn a lot from her. It'll be fun! We can go on missions and -- and uhh -- find rare plants, or something -- maybe poke at some dead bodies!

Um.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinita perked her ears and tilted her head to the side studying him with a growing smile. Was he trying to get her to compete with him? Her tail began to thump against the ground "Nah...I could never beat the son of a medic. After all you were literally born into it, right Tit?" she said dismissively though her tone was full of laughter and amusement as she used the absolute worst nickname she could think of for him.

All of the suggestions he made sounded great to her and she nodded eagerly.....up until he mentioned poking dead bodies. The suggestion surprised her and she froze staring at him in shock before bursting out into loud belly wrenching laughter. "Good....good lord you're something else." she wheezed through her guffaws and giggles.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Tagged for reference!

She'd been visiting with @Wildfire when Titmouse's call went up. It was good to see her sister improving each day and making slow but steady progress back to normal again. She hated to leave so soon, but the urgency in Tit's voice set her nerves on edge and she wrapped up her visit hastily and set off on her way. The howl was quite some distance away, but she carried herself at a lope that ate up the miles rather quickly. She was there in about twenty minutes, and when she came up over the rounded slope of a hill and saw Titmouse's silvery form in the distance, she picked up the pace.

"Hey!" she greeted him as she arrived, a bit breathless after her run here. Her attention was wholly focused on him as she looked him over for any immediate signs of injury or illness, and it was only after a few seconds of this that she realized he was accompanied by another wolf. She stepped back, electric-yellow eyes flicking between the she-wolf and Titmouse. "What's up?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He would have corrected Winni if he had the time, but as soon as he opened his mouth Raven had arrived and was inspecting him. He laughed softly at her efforts and then, when she finally noticed the albino, Tit chilled out.

"This is Awinita! I found her by the lake, she was fighting bees --" but he wouldnt go in to detail about that "-- but she's a medic too, like you. She wants a home and I thought you'd like another student!" Okay kid, breathe.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinits felt her cheeks heat up again and she ducked her head sheepishly as Titmouse said she was fighting bees, flicking her ears back and smiling sheepishly "Well I...More like running from bees. They kinda won the fighting part" she said returning to her soft spoken nature once again in the presence of the older female. She behaved like all older women were her mother,resigning herself and being quiet and submissive around them to show respect to the older wiser femakes who knew more than she did. Ears shooting up with alarm when Titmouse said she was a medic she shook her head "Aspiring medic...I don't really know much more than the basics and a few tricks with honey...which is difficult to get" She admitted honestly with a small wag of her tail. "It's nice to meet you ma'am"
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
The unknown female, whom Titmouse introduced as Awinita, seemed polite enough, and Raven grinned affably at the two of them. She was particularly pleased to hear that Awinita was an aspiring medic, and Raven wondered if they might be able to learn from one another. The medic was always pleased at the prospect of having someone to teach, for as far as she was concerned, one could not have too many healers. But first, unfortunately, there were formalities to observe. "I'd love to get to know you," she said to Awinita, "but it's not my place to decide if this will be your home. Why didn't you call Finley or Elwood?" That last bit was directed at Tit, though there was no consternation or disapproval in her voice.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He felt like the wind had been removed from his sails when Raven spoke. She was happy at first but, directing some questions at Tit, he felt a shift in the mood which might have been all in his head. To be truthful he hadnt even thought of the Alphas - he has only wanted to impress Raven (and maybe Winni).

"I.. dunno.." he murmurs with a shrug, "Theyre not medics? I.. I forgot about them." It was an odd thing to mention but Tit felt like a spotlight was on him now, so he had to be honest. As far as he could remember neither of those wolves played big parts in his life. But he would know for next time.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It seemed she was being accepted so far by these wolves, A nice way to try to integrate herself into a pack if she said so herself. When Raven said she'd like to get to know her she gave an eager nod of her head opening her mouth to reply when the female turned her gaze to Titmouse and spoke to him. Clamping her mouth shut she listened to the conversation which she inferred to be about two wolves in charge, probably the alphas. 

Awinita felt bad for Titmouse and flicked her ears back "If...me being here like this is a problem, I can come back later myself and call for an audience? I don't wanna cause Titmouse any trouble Ma'am"  she said hesitantly, hoping that whoever Finley and Elwood were they wouldn't get upset with Titmouse for wanting her to meet Raven. He was young and she was young and they both hadn't thought of the proper formalities before leaping into action.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Truthfully, Titmouse's answer didn't surprise Raven at all. It was his way to act without thinking things completely through. It was an innocent mistake, and a totally forgivable one in this situation, but the healer wondered with concern if there would come a day when this sort of thing might come back to bite him, hard. She grinned at Titmouse's lame (but honest) explanation, the words you silly bonehead clear in the way she looked at him. Awinita's words came then, and Raven couldn't help feeling impressed at the lady's manners. She tipped a warm smile to the she-wolf, and shook her head. "No, it's not a problem at all. I just don't want to overstep my own bounds, that's all. If you're really interested in joining us, I'd be glad to call our alphas here so you can meet them. They're wonderful people and I'm sure they'd be happy to hear about your willingness to learn medicine."
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Without a verbal reprimand Titmouse felt leagues better about his decision, and turned to look at Awinita, grinning like a fool. The more the two talked the more he felt he'd done good, even letting his tail wag at his hocks in glee. Finally though, with the mention of calling Elwood, Tit felt a bit apprehensive. He glanced to Raven as she spoke and in that split second his smile faltered - only to return as he looked at Winnie. Yeah, they're both really nice! They'll be happy to see you - probably - I mean, totally! It was about time he shut his cake hole and let things progress, so he did that - snuffing his urge to ramble before it got him in to real trouble.