Porcupine Ridge so only say my name
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Blinking sleep from his eyes, the boy carefully disentangled himself from his mate and picked his way along the ridge, not wanting to wake her. He stretched carefully, fulling extending each limb before setting down as he patrolled the little place they had chosen, making sure nothing had changed from the night before. When he affirmed that all was as it should be, he settled down near his mate again and watched the lightening horizon silently, a silent protector waiting for @Freyja to wake.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Even with the hardships that the couple encountered, Freyja felt as though her courting Seff had felt much like a dream. She often found herself more excited to wake than to fall asleep, as awaking meant that they would be together again. This morning was no exception to these feelings, and as Seff settled at her side, she stirred willingly and resisted any urge to fall back asleep. 

Though would take Freyja some time to shake the lingers feelings of fatigue, she turned sleepily to her mate and greeted him with a smile. "Seff," she cooed as her tail tapped against the frost-kissed ground. As she looked at him, she quickly realized that he looked much more awake than she was. 

"How long have you been up?" Freyja asked curiously as she wiped sleep from her eyes.
they took the crown but it's alright
all the liars are calling me one
nobody's heard from me for months
i'm doing better than i ever was
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
The stirring of his wife had him twist to regard her with a smile on his muzzle, his own tail tip tapping the ground in staccato. "Freyja" He greeted in turn, an easy lie slipping from his lips as he replied only, "not long." He doesn't want her to think him overbearing. He turned to her, motioning to the place before them and ignoring the frost around them which spoke of hardship to come. "I couldn't sleep. it's beautiful here, isn't it?" Unknowingly, the pair rested now on the very ridge Seff had taken his first gasping breaths, and his mother's pack had once stood, long ago.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja accepted her mate's words at face value as she had no reason to investigate his claim further. "It is," she agreed as her eyes moved to regard the territory that surrounded them. Though the journey to where they had rested had been treacherous, the current vantage point provided a breathtaking view of the unoccupied Vale below that had made their hardships worthwhile. She smiled as she observed that laid below them before turning to her husband once more. 

"But, as much as I love it, I can't see us settling here," she admitted. Freyja had been a mount-residing wolf since birth, but even she found the landscape to be challenging to traverse. To elaborate on what she had said, Freyja explained, "I just can't see our kids really... surviving here." For once, Freyja was the voice of reason.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His gaze moved from the terrain to the woman at his side, who, when the morning rays illuminated her as they did, seemed so much more beautiful then what lay before them. A dreamy sort of happiness permeated his vision a moment, before the boy spoke, agreeing with his mate and snapping back to the reality of their situation. "no," he began, dipping his muzzle. "the mountains don't seem right. besides, a territory like this one would be difficult to manage." He continued thoughtfully, adding after a moment's thought. "perhaps further north, or west, would suit us better." 
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja was relieved to hear that Seff agreed with her concerns. But, an agreement was not all that her mate offered; Seff also spoke to their immediate future and suggested their future route. She nodded, her expression thoughtful as she considered what he had said. It had been quite some time since either of them had been in the Teekon Wilds, and because of her shoddy memory, Freyja could not recall the territories that laid in his suggested direction. Despite her lack of recollection in the valley's landscape, she agreed with what had been said with a nod of her head. 

"Do you remember what's in that direction?" she asked, hopeful that he would have an idea of where they were going.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
The boy considered a moment, his own memories, like Freyja's, unclear. "an end to this mountain range. and beyond that..." He trailed off, feeling that the territories which lay north held a sort of beauty to them, but unable to find an exact fragment of memory that could hold some use to them. "west of here is a flatland, I know. east is the valley, but Sleeping Dragon does not live far from it." He wasn't sure if Freyja would be comfortable locating their pack so close to the place of her youth, and his gaze asked the silent question as he regarded her.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja attempted to envision what Seff described, yet, she lacked the imaginative creativity to picture what he said entirely. Nodding thoughtfully, despite her lack of mental imagery, Freyja considered the latter portion of what he had said. She frowned, unsure of how she felt about the matter of her homelands. 

"I don't want to go near Sleeping Dragon," she admitted once she had weighed the pros and cons of the matter. To Freyja, it seemed as though the cons outweighed the pros. "Do you think we'll be okay if we do that?" Freyja asked. She didn't want to keep her mate from seeking out a territory that he thought to be ideal.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She admitted to not wanting to go near Sleeping Dragon, and he didn't press the issue. "It'll be fine. We don't need to be near them to find our place."  Besides, it hardly restricted them from finding a good territory, the Wilds were vast enough. He valued her happiness of the territory they'd choose, and he would be perfectly fine with staying away from Sleeping Dragon.