Dragoncrest Cliffs wait like the dawn
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
All Welcome 
The morning was still and quiet before him, frozen beneath the prominent layering of frost. Without the sun trying to peek past the clouds, he doubted much warmth to follow, and everything crunched just enough underfoot. Still, he stretched out his stride and moved confidently over the borderlands, steadily speeding up into a jog with his breath billowing.

In the absence of their commander, he was dutiful as ever in her place, and his guard was setting out to pick up where another left off. Insofar, everything was seemingly in order.. here, at least. Hard telling what it would be beyond, out in the wilds. When he reached their outermost fringes, he stole a thoughtful pause at a southern point.

He didn't know when Heda would return, or what had awaited her in Redhawk. He wanted to guess it might be soon, and awaited sign of it by the hour. The guardian in him was inclined to suspect bad news, somehow. Hux's return didn't bode well, and he'd not liked the taste of any of it one bit from the second they found Arlo dead to leaving Wildfire behind in Redhawk--too injured to do otherwise. Something was amiss, and he was miles away.

But in the end it was for the best, and for this, keeping watch at home seemed to suit him better.. until they knew more. He scuffed along to a spot where scent had only begun to fade, remarked, and moved on. Simply so.
for if anyone wants a probably short guardian thread.. bc i needed something halfway current 8)
129 Posts
Ooc —
Hey Gerra, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a thread with you which is crazy, so I hope you don’t mind me throwing Bobby your way :D

Bobby had been thinking about his mom a lot lately. He wondered how she was, what it was like over in Redhawk Caldera, when she would return. He missed her greatly, she’d always been the one who understood him most. Today, he was walking the border as he thought about her, trying to decide whether or not he should just make a break for it and go find Redhawk Caldera himself. There was only about a 10% chance that he actually would go, because he knew that he was important here, no matter how little he did sometimes. But still, he was restless to go somewhere and scout the world, his feet told him to go.

The growing back wolf was sort of pacing back and forth, looking quite serious. In his mind this was a serious decision he was going to make. Over the sound of his feet crunching on dead leaves, and the intensity of his thinking, he didn’t notice Dio approaching nearby.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
ahh of course i don't mind! :D
As all remained peaceful, undisturbed, and just as he'd left it here, he supposed he ought to take more solace in that than he did instead of letting what was well beyond his reach cloud his mood any. At least all those who were missing and abroad would have a safe haven to return to, whenever that may truly be. In the meantime, he heard the crunching of leaf-litter long before he spotted him. With just a little shift to his route, he steered himself that way until he could spot a dark coat.

When he was close enough to notice the swatch of red beneath his chin, the wocha perked up his head now that he had something more engaging than scents to behold. Since Robin was the only one of Wildfire's sprogs to not trek to Redhawk with them, Dio admittedly felt he knew him the least as of lately. Then again, the trek there and back had been one of the main major times he'd ever been all that close to the other two, especially now that they were old enough to contend as far more than just mere pups and instead very distinct, skillful individuals. "Hey," he chuffed as he went striding closer, but noticed the pensive undertone of this already on the way over. "Busy with something?" he asked with a furrow of his own brow, since he couldn't quite tell what it was that warranted such a serious look.