Rising Sun Valley am i the girl that you dream of?
take me back to the night we met
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
near the Easthollow border but not tresspassing :) hoping for a Easthollow wolf maybe @Valette and/or @Nikai ?
pretty when you cry - lana del rey

As the afternoon progressed, clouds began to drift away as if clearing up a stage for an upcoming performance. The sun had already descended from the sky and was now drowning behind the mountains. Soon, the main show would begin, and Aurelia, with her head thrown back and her yellow eyes fixed on the sky was more than ready for it.
Over her head, high high high above this month's full moon prepared to make her debut.

At first the agouti beauty limited herself to watch silently, but then unable to contain herself she began to let a soft eurhythmic hum to fall from her lips until she felt the need to let her current thoughts become a song. "it is you i search for in the sky, a sky adorned by stars." she sang, her tail thumping against the floor as she went on. "Bright stars that outline my heart, this sad heart that belongs to you"

"you, you, you" she crooned, "pristine pearl of the night"
i had all and then most of you,
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
After the attack of the wolverine on Steph Valette was far more vigilant on the borders. Especially for any wolverine scent. She never expected them to be this far south. Perhaps because winter was early. Valette marked the borders. Her senses alert for anything out of the norm.

Her attention was caught by a singing voice. Valette frowned. Would it be that one girl that was close to their borders before? Valette trotted towards the sound. Valette appeared from the treeline with her head and tail raised. The female became far more confident in her role as an alpha.

Valette caught only half of the song. The female frowned lightly and then stepped closer. "What is your business so close to the borders?," she asked the young female curiously. It was very unusual to have a wolf singing close to her borders. Did this wolf want to join? Or was it just passing by?
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
hi :) keeping things a lil vague until the aurelia x xan thread progresses

Unless she was frightened, or she was shown hostility, Aurelia was as harmless as they came. She was not a fighter by nature, when conflict arised she was more of a runner. And because of the abnormality of her habits and hobbies trouble sometimes seemed to follow her where she went, so she was used to running off... a lot . Other wolves could be judgemental and Aurelia had learned quick that it was best to be alone that to stay where unwanted.

She had just finished her song when the voice of another, a female, interrupted her. Her blunt interrogative tone making the Lockhart's chestnut ears flatten against her head as she turned to face the woman. Of course Aurelia had realized she was close to some borders, she could smell the markers, but she had not thought really why she had allowed herself to wander close instead of turning tail as the scent of others grew more intense. Hanging around the borders could equal to trouble - she had learned this the hard way.

With her bright yellow eyes blinking slowly as she met briefly the dark grey woman's own gaze, Aurelia debated between answering to her question or taking refuge in her usual unwavering silence. She then wondered if the woman had heard her song. If she had, had she liked it? No matter. Aurelia's lips suddenly parted as if she were gonna speak, truth be told she had no idea what exactly her buisness was near these borders - she had been waiting for the moon to rise so she could sing. 
That was it. 
Wasn't it?

"nothing bad" she answered finally, her voice soft and cordial.
It was true, she meant no harm, and though she'd probably be a little hurt she would leave if that was what the woman wanted.
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had the feeling that her question could have come over as rude but she didn't mean to be. The female also wasn't a fighter but sometimes as a leader, she had to. She would protect her family. Valette waited patiently for an answer. She realized that the female didn't sound mean, but then again, her suspicions if she was not faking it lingered. She wasn't the naive girl anymore especially not since she became a mother and had to deal with predators wanting her children.

"You would say that someone who says that is out for something bad," she responded but there was no malice in those words. "Fair enough." She watched the female with curiosity. Was she a loner? She couldn't link her scent to the packs she knew. "What brings you here? Do you want to join a pack or are you just passing?"
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
She waited, motionless, for the green-eyed woman's answer.
Though there were no signs this encounter could turn unpleasant, or violent the Lockhart kept her muscles tensed up in case she had to bolt in a quick getaway. She was a volatile little thing, like the flame of a candle that lies by a windowsill. Finally the woman spoke, her skepticism noticeable in her words until finally she seemed to put her doubts aside...at least for now.

Aurelia blinked slowly, her yellow eyes meeting the woman's and then fluttering around their surroundings. "i do want to join a pack" she barked, feeling a bit nervous as the woman's questions demanded for longer answers from her. "eventually...." she added, she did not even know what packs were around here.... she had not been doing a very good job mapping out her surrounding and finding options with all the singing and meditative lurking she had been doing instead.  "if they'd have me" she mused, her eyes focusing back on the woman.  

"what's your pack's called?" she asked then after a few silent seconds, might as well start her research right?
some and now none of you

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded. "Being in a pack will give you more benefits than being alone," she spoke to the other. She remembered it well when she lost her own pack and had to live on her own. Then it had been Steady that helped her. God. She had been so young at the time. She wondered how Saena was doing and if she would ever see her again. Valette pushed that thought away. It was something for later.

"Easthollow, and if you have any skills most packs won't be too difficult," she spoke. "Though some packs are different from others. Easthollow is more family based, I know another pack that houses assassins and killers. It is all that you prefer. So I would ask what they stand for before joining." Valette was kind enough to give advice to a stranger.
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
Aurelia listened silently to the woman as she talked about the benefit of being in a pack versus being alone and how each pack stood for something different and how it was worth asking this as she kept her hunt for a home. Though she had ever only been part of her birthpack , Starlight Terrace, Aurelia was no fool, she knew that strenght was found in greater numbers and that like no individual, no pack was the same to another. She listened attentively anyways, for the curious agouti beauty was never one to pass up free advice. 
She was a passionate learner who thought anything and anyone could be a good teacher.
"easthollow" she echoed pensively, the edges of her lips raising into the beginning of a smile.

"oh no, im not a killer" she woofed after the woman described another pack she knew, "i mean not by trade.... i-i don't like conflict" she added, of course she had killed before, not wolves, but other critters which still made her technically a killer. Anyways. "i am an aspiring astronomer and healer" she added a bit more quietly, she was passionate about the sky and plants and though her father had taught her a bit before she left home she felt like she had a lot left to learn. Sometimes she did not gave herself enough credit..
some and now none of you

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded in a pleased matter when the female repeated the pack's name. Valette quirked up her lips and slowly nodded. "I didn't mean to say that you were a killer, it was just an example of what I know and how packs can differ," she explained. Valette didn't like much conflict either, though she would have to deal with that as a leader. Sometimes she had to react more violently.

"Oh! That sounds wonderful," she spoke with a smile. "I don't know any packs that focus on that though," she admitted to the female. Valette thought about it again. Who did like the stars? She knew about some people of her pack but not packs that focussed on those trades.
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
*tries to turn this into a joining thread*

Again, Aurelia limited herself to listen quietly to the woman, she spoke with a certain air of confidence and authority that would've made it easy for the preta to guess she was speaking with a leader. What a hard job, she thought, to keep everything and everyone in place.

Suddenly, as she praised Aurelia for her wonderful sounding interests golden-brown agouti beauty beamed a smile that faded shortly after as the woman admitted she knew no pack that shared her interests. Her interests could sound wonderful but would they get her a home? Or would she have to find new ones just to fit the profile of what this others packs needed? Would she be able to leave her passion aside to fit a role? 
She was quite the little actress, having a fake name and all for when she was messing around, but that was just for fun... would she have to do it now to survive?

"is there a healer or astronomer in easthollow?" she asked not yet giving up on the idea that she would not have to change drastically to find a home. Her yellow eyes looked expectantly, almost pleadingly, at the woman, her tail tip twitching nervously as she awaited for an answer.
some and now none of you

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about what the female asked. The dark-colored alpha female knew Keoni had some knowledge of healing but not as much as Krypton. 'We could use another healer," she admitted. Perhaps this female was interested in being their healer.

"How much do you know? About healing?,' she asked. Perhaps Keoni and her could work together and learn from each other. Easthollow didn't have a lot of injuries, but sometimes they were unavoidable. And then having two healers would be nice.
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
The woman seemed pensive, and for a moment Aurelia thought she would be walking away the same as she had woken up that day: packless and lonely. However, after a silent moment of thought the woman responded. The Lockhart could not supress the small smile that inmediately appeared on her face.

She liked this green eyed woman, she decided firmly.
And once Aurelia liked something or someone it was hard to dissuade her to change her mind; she often oscillated between extreme affinity or appeal towards others or an intense abhorrence.

"I know the essentials, my father tried to teach me as much as he could before i took off, and i once assisted with him a birth in the pack" she barked, her yellow eyes brightening at the memory. It had been a scary episode, it was a first time mother and her stress made it all harder that it should've been. "i still have things to learn of course" she admitted, hoping her sincerity would score her points but not against her. 

"like your name..." she piped up, only now realizing they had failed to make proper introductions yet, "my name is Aurelia Lockhart" she barked, another small smile adorning the banshee's delicate features.
some and now none of you

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled back at the female. She listened to what the female was saying. It was very honest. She didn't claim that she knew everything already. Valette liked that. She nodded. Two minds were always better than one. She also didn't know how long Keoni would stick around. "You could share your knowledge with Keoni, our current healer in spé," she explained.

"Nice to meet you, Aurelia. I am Valette. The leader of this pack," she introduced. "I am curious what an Astronomer could do for the pack," she then wondered. Not that she was skeptical of it. Valette just had no idea what the stars could help them with as they were so far away.
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
maybe we can fade this one and ill have one as a member now :)

The woman mentioned their current healer, Keoni, and Aurelia was quick to commit the name to memory. She had never been in a pack other than her birth pack so it scared her a little that other would not receive her as warmly as she hoped. She was well aware she innevitably could come off as odd..Hopefully she would also come off as helpful for it was this especially what she hoped she could be.
She nodded excitedly at the suggestion of teaming up with Keoni. 

Just as she had suspected, the woman, Valette, was the one in charge. A relieved sigh came out the girl's lips, if the leader already seemed to like her maybe it would be easy for the other to do so too. She was then caught a bit off guard by Valette's next question, "well i believe the stars can be really telling of what's to come" she barked, the mix astronomy-astrology was where the girl's passion resided. "the phases of the moon bring change as well, to the tides of the ocean, to the way different animals conduct themselves, and even to us" she added feeling confident in her words.

She could vouch for it and swear on it.
Aurelia herself felt her mood, thought and behaviour influenced by the stars and alignment of celestial bodies, but she would not admit this to Valette just yet.
some and now none of you

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Yes

Valette nodded softly as she explained about the stars. She was not sure if she believed the female but it could be an interesting observation. "Well then. I'd say welcome to Easthollow," she spoke with a smile. She then turned and motioned for the other to follow her. Valette would show her around. Showing her the birk forest, the river going through the woods, and of course Stone circle and their hunting grounds. Stone Circle was a good spot to look at the skies at least.

- Fade end. -