Dragoncrest Cliffs Final destination.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Joining 
Here comes a lost boi! @Thuringwethil
After a brief brush with Bean along the way, Prince felt... well... a little disheartened. He hadn't been willful enough to approach her and the other wolf, and had indeed passed them by without their notice. Too far to turn back now, he bid his friend a silent, but hopefully not permanent, goodbye. He was almost to his destination now, anyway. No time for looking back. Sequoia Coast awaited. Drageda awaited.

He stopped right on the borderline, just where it was acceptable. There, he would wait a moment, scenting the air and testing the winds for any reason not to howl. Scenting no one close, he threw his head back in a long and drawn-out song, summoning someone to receive him.

He'd finally made it. Not how he'd wanted to. As his song faded into the wind, he thought it'd sounded sadder than normal.

He mourned the subsequent loss.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I can't give you Thur, but have this one!

There haven’t been a lot of howls at the borders since Furi returned, aside from the wolves that live here. She doesn’t know when to expect the Heda’s return and this is not her voice, but it needs to be addressed. Border patrol has never been her favorite, but Blixen often fills her time there and keeps her company, but now she truly gets to show off. Assuming she makes it there first, of course.

She’d been following the trail of a turkey—those dumb birds returned after their last run in—but she puts it away to get to business.

It takes several minutes to arrive despite how much effort she puts into running—part of her thinks it might be Arrille—but she wants to get there before @Blixen does. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone! She spots him in the distance and a wide grin forms on her face. It isn’t the wolf they met south along the coast but it is someone new and she finally skids to a stop, nearly out of breath, as she looks at the unfamiliar wolf.

Of course, now that she’s here, she doesn’t exactly know what to do. Is he here to join? Cause harm? Be a menace to society? Furi’s brows bury between her eyes as she takes a few more steps, ruffling up her fur and swinging her tail defiantly over her spine. She may still be young with girlish features but she is tall, and her fur is thick, and hopefully she looks at least a little bit scary.

“Who are you?” she asks, not so politely. Blixen is rubbing off on her too much.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Time had passed since Artaax had killed the stranger at the borders of Drageda. He'd had time to consider more what he had done, and though he looked back on it now without guilt or remorse, he was still quite hopeful that he never had to take another life again. It had taken some internal coaxing to get him to return to the borders, but he was not one to be held at bay by fear. So, though anxiety churned in his belly, the boy prowled the borders - determined to continue to uphold the title he had been given.

His legs stiffened when during his border-marking, he heard voices. His heart began to pound in his chest as the scent of some unknown wolf whispered into his nostrils. His hackles rose as he strode forward through the brush, but his furious pace softened when he spotted a familiar face, staring down the unfamiliar. He hesitated only a moment before stepping towards the pair and angling himself at Furi's side, standing as tall and broad as he could as he stared down the stranger - not a difficult feat these days, truth be told. He had nothing to add to the words his packmate had spoke already, so he remained the silent bodyguard, supporting her wordlessly with his presence.

70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
> u > this is fine too haha
He knew how to behave on the borders. As two appeared to greet him, he bowed his head low and remained standing, as if to say he'd leave if asked to, with no hesitation- despite a strong need to stay. He didn't meet their eyes. He wouldn't push his luck so far. Prince instead put on his best face; an award-winning smile that spoke of confidence and charisma.

"I am Prince. I come from Trigeda. I'm old enough now to choose my own way, and I've chosen the thriving Drageda." He tilted his head to the female who'd come first. "I hope it's still true that there's room and work for me here?" Gaze flickered to the boy who'd arrived, amusement playing in his eyes at how 'big and strong' the two were posing. Must've had trouble on the borders recently, to feel the need to puff up against a single young male. He wouldn't mention it.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Stevie gave permission to skip Artaax as needed since he won't say much. :)

She isn’t standing there long by herself before Artaax shows up and stands close, just as fluffed up and alert as she. It makes her feel better knowing someone’s here and weirdly enough even better that it’s him. They are close in age but his skillset is higher than hers, perhaps—I mean, he’s killed someone—and she has no doubt he’d be able to handle whomever this is.

Not focusing on her companion for long, she turns back to Prince as he introduces himself then glances at Artaax again. Trigeda? Her brows bury and she isn’t sure what to say. It sounds close enough to Drageda that she should probably know what it means because he seems to know this is Drageda. Her eyes widen a little and for a moment she considers taking a backseat to the situation. This is Artaax domain, or at least someone significantly higher than she.

“I’m sure there is work for you here if you have something to offer,” she says. It’s almost winter and there are plenty of them to thrive. “What are you good at?” she asks a beat later, licking her lips. However, Furi doesn’t wait to lift her nose and call for someone. It’ll take them time to get here and they’d have to wait anyway. Though she isn’t entirely sure who she is supposed to call, she points her muzzle skyward and at least calls for @Eske and, by default, @Dio.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
continue to ignore me..!

He didn't like this guy. Of course, that should be no surprise to anyone who has ever paid attention to Artaax's threads. He was not a fan of outsiders, and he especially did not trust any wolf from one of their "sister" packs. Trigeda and Seageda both seemed to send only wolves who remained for a while, but in the end abandoned them. They were not trustworthy and could not be counted on, and Artaax had little reason to believe that this stranger would be any different.

And besides that, there was something about this male that rubbed him the wrong way. His talk of choosing Drageda, as though they were somehow fortunate that he had given them such a blessing as to have him in their ranks. He should be begging to be allowed the great honor of joining their pack. Artaax rumbled softly as his eyes narrowed, but he said nothing as Furi spoke, and said nothing as she called for their superiors. He knew they would likely provide this stranger quarter in their territory and allow him to call himself a wolf of Drageda. They always did. But Artaax would watch him and guard his home against him in the silent shadows of the wood, just as he always did.

warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
As Furi’s call rises into the air Eske does not hesitate to immediately alter her course and make her way to where her young Second is waiting. She is not alone, the Wanlida notes. Artaax is with her and before them a stranger. A criticizing eye sweeps over him as she glimpses to the children expectantly and then rests her gaze upon the stranger. She has a fairly good idea of why he is here, and only spares a hidden glimpse of surprise to see that Dio is not already here. She figures he is preoccupied elsewhere and Eske has no qualms about being the judge and jury and deciding whether she thinks he will be a good fit for Drageda or not. This is not the first time that she’s done this, after all. “I am Eske Kom Drakru; the Wanlida,” There is always a note of steeled pride her tone when she says her title. She has worked hard to have it even if it makes her sad that it is where her ambitions will stay. Unless she usurps Dio there is no higher on the hierarchy for her to climb — but she is quick to tuck those thoughts away! — “Who are you, splita and what is your purpose here?” She inquires. It’s likely that Furi and Artaax have already went over this with the stranger but either he was going to have to speak it again or one of the children would have to fill her in on what they'd been able to learn so far.
261 words
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.