Arrow Lake A Wolf To Water
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Backdate Nov 12th @Murdock

It had been a month since Pema had been home and having already visited two pack that were rather helpful in her quest, she was eager to get home. She missed the pack and the pups, and wondered how much she would have missed while she was gone. Every new member of the pack she knew and now she would need to catch up on at least a months worth of news. 

But even in her eagerness to return home, she couldn't resist following the sounds of a water fall, which made her feel partched and dehydrated. She looked down to see a lake that dropped off the side of the mountain into Rising Sun Valley. Even though Pema wanted to get home and she wasn't a true scout, she did enjoy seeing new and beautiful sights. And the reward of a refressing drink helped too. 

But to reach the waters bank she should need to first find a safe way down, which proved to be more difficult then she thought it would be when she started. A few yards down and she was finding it rather troublesome to find a way the wasn't blocked or wasn't convered with large, sharp uncomforable rocks to step on. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
His injured shoulder was hurting more than he wanted to admit to the rest of the pack. He'd seen their healer, but he hadn't been keeping up with her advice very well, and the wound was on a part of him that he couldn't easily reach in order to clean it. It'd begun to fester, in fact, and although the smell was not yet unpleasant and was still very faint, he thought he could feel the beginnings of infection in his ruined flesh.

So, for some reason, he'd travelled far from Easthollow's borders. The pain had kept him from getting much rest, and so the male had taken to wandering instead. Today, he wandered further than he had in some time, and had to stop and stare as a familiar wolf came into sight. It took him a second to place her, but when the memory finally registered, the male had to chuckle.

"If you fall this time, I'm afraid there's nothin' I can do," he called out, limping closer to the base of the cliff and gazing up at Pema with a wagging tail and bright, merry eyes.
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
With the structure of the falls she couldn't tell where the voice was comming from at first. She stopped in her tracks and looked around for a bit before seeing a semi familiar looking male down by the lake. It took her a moment to piece the parts together, and his wording helped the most as they were still some distance away. But then the feeling of embarrasment swept over her when she remember the day when she was kissed by surprise and almost fell down a cliff. Much time had passed since that day and it wasn't as embarrasing as it was then. But even remembering the occasion made her cringe. 

From where she stood she was too far away to see why it was he wouldn't be able to help if she did fall, but she assumed it was just him teasing her. But, Pema had no intension of falling today, and so she continued to slowly make her way down to the lake as she spoke. "Unless you intend to come up here and try to kiss me again, I don't think we will have an issue." she teased back, now able to see the fun in their past encounter. 

Once she got about half way down, the terrain was much more manage able and she trotted down to the bank. She could now look at him fully, no longer focused on making the correct footing. Besides getting a chance to refresh a face to his name in her mind, she was now able to see that he had an injury on his shoulder. "Oh... So there was actual truth in that statement. What happened to you?" she asked light heartedly. 

304 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so she did remember him. Murdock's tail wagged a bit harder, and he called back to her over the roar of the falls - "That can be arranged!"

After that, he waited for her to get to the bottom, not wanting to have to raise his voice above the rush of water any longer. He sat a few yards from the water while he waited, but when he saw that she was down, he stood once more and went to greet her. Forgoing a proper greeting, she dove right into her questions - something Murdock was learning ran rampant in these parts.

"Got in a fight with a wolverine," he replied, deciding that if she wasn't going to greet him, he wasn't going to bother greeting her, either. "How about you? Been in any good fights lately?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It wasn't that Pema had intended to avoid a proper greeting, she just figured the banter between the two would sufice. After all they did already know one another, at least each others names. And 'what happened to you' is somewhat similar to 'hi. how have you been.'

But none the less she playfully rolled her eyes when he made his comment about another kiss being a possibility. In responce to his fight with a wolverine she remarked, "Ooh yeah, I've heard they are quite fun." Pema had never had the chance to tango with a wolverine but she had heard about them before and how unforgiving it often was to get into a fight with one of them. 

When asked if she had been in any fights lately she answered, "No. I'm not all that good at fighting unfortunatly." even though she would like to be better. But in all seriousness that bite didn't look so good. Even though she didn't know his past there first encounter she thought that she might ask if he would like some help. 

"Would you like me to take a look at that?" she asked in a much more caring and less sarcastic voice. "I'm actually a medic by trade now."

304 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm not sure 'fun' is the right word," he grizzled, though his expression showed that he was not truly irritated. Rather, he looked on her with open curiosity, wondering where life had taken her since they'd last met. She smelled of others - of his niece and a stranger, most notably.

"Please," he said in response to her offer, lowering himself so that the woman could get a good look. The scab was peeling, now, and oozing freely in some places. Not pleasant, but probably not the worst thing Pema had seen either, if she was a medic, now. "You smell like my niece, Dawn," he went on, hoping to get some answers out of her while she worked. "How is she doing these days?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When he agreed to her proposal she stepped forward to inspect the bite on his shoulder. When he lowered himself she said, "Thank you", even though it was clear he was the one who needed the help. The bite had scabbed over, but there was still some puss coming out from a couple of places. It seemed a bit infected, as most wounds Pema encountered turned out to be. The smell often being a key indicator. But unlike most times, this was closer to winter and not many viable plants were left around.

As she thought about the various options that were possible, and mentally crossed them out due to the season she was asked about Dawn. Who it seemed was Murdock's niece. This was a surprise Pema wasn't expecting. It almost didn't seem like the truth, but then again it couldn't be that farfetched. Could it? But if he was Dawn's uncle that meant that he was the brother of either Grayday or Dawn's mother, who Pema had never meet.

"She's doing good. Making herself out to be a rather fine ambassador." she explained. "I would have never guess ed that she would be your niece. Mother's or father's side?" she asked.

But then as she waited for an answer, the answer to what she could treat his bite with came to mind. Puzzle grass, also known as horsetail. Those might still be present around this time of year, they would most likely be losing their green color, but she thought they might still hold their medicinal value.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock was glad to hear that Dawn was doing well - and that she was ambitious, as well. But he found it sort of funny that he'd meet Pema, then Dawn, and then Pema again, only to find out that the two had run into each other as well. It really was a small world.

"Father's side. Her father, Grayday, is my baby brother," Murdock replied, wondering if Pema knew him as well. Perhaps she could lead Murdock to his brother... but not yet. He had to heal before he made that journey, and he had to make sure that Stephie would be okay without him.

"So, what's happened to you since we last met?" he wondered, hoping to catch up with the pretty shewolf as well as find out more about his family.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema couldn't help but smile and laugh a little, hearing Grayday being refered to as 'baby brother'. She always saw him as an older man, not one that would be considered young to another, but it wasn't an impossible situation, seeing as how it was infact a realtiy. 

After looking over his wound alittle bit longer she began to walk towards the waters edge, searching for some puzzle grass aka horsetail. She spoke up so her could hear her, "Well, I began my medic trade like I said. I joined a pack. One that your brother runs actually." she commented. "But other then that, nothing too major I would say." so much had happened over that large span of time, she couldn't think of anything specific to comment on. 

Then she found it. A small patch where light brown puzzle grass was growing. "What about you? Other then the run in with the wolverine." she asked before grabbing a jaw full of the herb and walking back to him. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so she was one of Day's wolves. What a strange set of circumstances. Murdock had never imagined he might see Grayday again, and now it seemed he was meeting the boy's cohorts left and right. The boy himself must not be far beyond... "Which way is his pack?" asked the male. "And how far? I think a visit is long overdue."

The male responded to Pema's question with a shrug. "Nothing, really. Things have been nice and quiet in my neck of the woods." He shot her a sly smile. "Are you looking to spice things up for me?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"It's northwest of here. Right before the coast on a plateau." she considered not telling him about where the pack was and keeping it a secret. Not sure how secret the location of the pack should be. But he seemed nice and genuine enough to be Day's brother, especially because he seemed to know Dawn and her connection to Day. 

She gave a small smile to his comment, seeing now that this was somewhat how he would talk to her. It might have been flirting or simply him being playful, but she now knew better then to feed into it unless she wanted another surprise kiss. "These should smooth the pain actually." she said in response and placed down the puzzle grass before him.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock looked down at the proffered plant, checking to make sure it would do what Pema said it would. He'd met a few pants healers in his days, and although he liked to think better of Pema, there was just no telling, sometimes.

"Do I eat it or roll in it?" he asked, feigning ignorance. The teasing grin on his face probably gave him away.

He was a bit disappointed that his flirting didn't seem to affect her anymore, but that didn't mean he was going to stop. No, he'd simply bide his time and wait until she wasn't expecting it...
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Now that was funny. Just funny. She didn't think that he was flirting with her and she decided not to try and gauge whether or not he was. Her let out a birst of laughter thinking of someone rolling in medicine instead of injesting or applying it. "Haha. No you don't roll in it. You eat it. Some things are made into pastes but this works better if injested. I'm not sure if any medicine is rolled in." she explained with a smile. 

After she calmed down from her laughter she asked "So what do you do. Do you have a trade a hobby?" she asked him. Wondering what other sorts of things he did other then pick fights with wolverines. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Although he was quickly finding that Pema was not exactly the type of girl he'd normally go for, he found himself growing ever-more fond of the young woman. She was sweet, and her laugh reminded him of his proud Chemukh. The male's eyes softened, and he found his grin fading into a smile as he regarded the girl.

"I don't know how putting plants in my mouth will heal a bite on my neck," he groused goodnaturedly, dipping his head to pick up the herbs. "But you are the doctor." He chewed quickly and swallowed in one gulp, a grimace on his face. Usually, doctors offer their patients something sweet when they've been good, he thought to say, but he hadn't been good, and he thought that Pema might not appreciate the sentiment.

"A little of this and a little of that. Napping becomes the most pleasant passtime, when you get to be my age," said Murdock with a tiny shrug. There wasn't much to say about his life. "Sitting, maybe. There's a set of kids back at Easthollow. One of them has taken quite a liking to me, for some reason."
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Herbs were kind of a mystery like that. Pema understood what they did and that they worked, but as to why, that was far beyond her knowledge. It very well may be that no wolf in the Teekon Wilds would be able to understand the chemistry and biology that resided in herbs. But as long as Pema was about to help people she didn't think she needed to know the complexities. "Herbs are funny like that, but hey, it works." she said while he hurredly chowed down.

Just sitting around and taking naps? There had to be more to it then that. Something that he really enjoyed doing other then nothing. She didn't think that a younge wolf would find someone that does nothing to be that fun to play with. "There's got to be more to it then that. There much be a reason they like you." she insisted. "I'm constantly watching over and entertaining your younger neices and nephew."
304 Posts
Ooc —
Her explanation earned her a thin smile of approval. What was the point of wondering about why things worked the way they did? Better off using your time to find out what worked and what didn't. Murdock didn't agree with chasin' after ideas when you had facts to worry about. The world was just like that.

He gave a little shrug at her admonishment. "We play," he offered, not quite knowing what else to say. Sometimes it wasn't the doing, but the being that got two wolves into loving each other. Murdock was sure that things would've been very different for him if she'd run into Ezekiel instead of himself that day, but he was glad things had turned out the way they did. He liked Stephie.

"You do, huh? What're they like? I've only met Sunny and Dawn," said the male, clear interest in his eyes.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She thought his explaination was a bit weak, but she wasn't going to pester him into answering it anyfuther then she already had.

Just thinking about them put a smile on her face and caused her to giggle a bit. Thinking of each of their personalities and the mischief they got into. "Oh, where do I start... Dauntless is the only boy of the litter. He used to be really shy, but he's opened up alot since then. And Lavender, she is just the sweetest. Always cuddling up to you... Now Easy... She's the biggest handful. Always ready to go adventuring and get into the most mischief as she can." she let a sigh. "But I love um." she admited, unaware of how strange it might seem to love children that weren't your own. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock snorted as Pema named the last child. Easy. What had Grayday been thinking? That poor girl would grow into a Sameth beauty and be harrassed at every turn. It wasn't funny, but it did tease a chuckle out of the worldly male.

He didn't think it was at all strange to care for another's pups. Instinct was strange when it came to interacting with younger wolves, and Murdock had found that they, as a species, had a great capacity to love. "You care for them," he noted, but rather than surprise, it was affection in his voice. He loved a woman who knew how to care for pups. Even if he didn't have any for her to mother, there was still something very attractive about her now that he knew she had the instinct for it. "Do you want to be a mama, then?" he asked her.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"Yeah. I do." she said lightly, thinking to how much she adored them. His next question was something that had crossed her mind, but she had never really taken the time to think it over of a deep level. Before she could think about having pups of her own she could need to find someone to have those pups with. But if she skipped over that step she could think of very few things would make her happier in her life. "I... I guess I do. I think it would be wonderful to have pups of my own... But, I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon." she stated. Thinking again to what she would need in order for that to happen. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Like most males in his family, Murdock couldn't help but be a little turned on by a pretty woman who cared for young children. It had been the pitfall of many a Sameth man, and most particularly for Murdock himself. But Pema seemed a good sort, and so he didn't feel bad for coveting her.

"What, a pretty girl like you?" he asked, his voice a little rough. He found it hard to believe that she had no other prospects, even though he liked to imagine he was the only one who'd been fantasizing about this particular shewolf. "What's stoppin' you, sweetheart?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She couldn't really take his compliments seriously, but that didn't mean that she didn't like to hear them. What she didn't like to hear was her being called sweetheart. That's what she called Easy and Day's other kids, pups, not an adult. She might be young, but she was no pup. "Unh-uh" she said when he used the word. As though she was waving a no no finger in his face. "Don't call me that." she didn't say it in a stern voice when she said it, but she truely didn't want to be called that. "Eat some more." she said nodding to the remaining pile of greens infront of him. 

"Well first of all I'm too young to have kids." currently Pema was too young to have kids. But come breeding season, the very very end of the breeding season, she would infact be old enough. Something she was unaware of. "But I would also need to find the right guy, and he hadn't come around yet." she said somewhat looking to the ground.
304 Posts
Ooc —
It took Murdock a moment to realize what she was talking about. No nicknames, then. He'd have to watch himself - things like that tended to slip out whether he thought about it or not. With a roll of his eyes, the male gave a little nod of agreement, wanting to honor her wishes as best as he could.

"I'm sure someone'll come along," he said with a sigh, a little disappointed by that fact. There was no way he would father this woman's - or any others' - young, but it was still irritating to think of some other male getting such a prize. "You seem like a good sort. Strong heart, good head on your shoulders. When you're ready, they'll be lining up at your feet."
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He reasured her and complimented her saying she should have no problem getting men if the future. She wasn't sure if that would be the case but she still thought it was sweet and kind of him to say. She smiled saying, "Well thank you."

They had had a good talk and even thoght there was still alittle bit of Murdocks flirting or attempt at charm she liked where it had ended. She needed to get back on track and meet up with Dawn and Adi before they made it back to Morningside. "I should get going. Make sure you finish the rest of that and keep that wound clean." she suggested and once again gestured to the remaining pile of grenery.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Pema decided it was time to take her leave - something that made Murdock glad he didn't yet have a mouthful of herbs to block his farewell. "See you soon," the male replied with a wag of his tail, intent on making good on this promise in the future. He wasn't sure Pema would ever be interested in a guy like him, but she was pretty and sweet, and being around her was nice enough.

Murdock looked back to the pile, pulling a face but leaning down to take another mouthful of herbs in his mouth. He might not like taking his medicine, but Pema sure seemed like a useful wolf to keep around.