Porcupine Ridge blue jeans
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Rocks skittered beneath her paws as she leapt onto a lower trail, and yet still the mountain goat managed to evade her. A brief rush towards the thing proved ineffective, and she swore under her breath, eyeing the thing venomously. The hint of blood in the air was not her prey's, rather, a poorly judged leap had torn her paw pad, adding injury to insult.

With another curse, she surged forward, chasing her quarry further down the ridge.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja had been scouting the ridge in search of a late lunch when the commotion from Dawn's hunt had distracted the yearling. Seeking the source of the noise that had initially drawn her, Frejya was lead to an overhang that stood a comfortable distance above the scene. 

Though she tempted to join in, Freyja restrained herself. She did not know the wolf and did Freyja not want to intervene in a situation that she was most likely not welcomed in. 

Captivated, she observed as the younger wolf tore across the rocky terrain and held her breath as she anticipated the eventual death of the mountain goat.
they took the crown but it's alright
all the liars are calling me one
nobody's heard from me for months
i'm doing better than i ever was
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The huntress slowed to a standstill, the goat before her hoping upwards. She gritted her teeth, this was the opposite of what she wanted. She threw herself against the ridge, gaining ground at a great rate, soon coming level with the goat. She climbed higher still, before whirling and taking off again, trying to move the goat down the slope again. It worked; the thing took off with Dawn closely in pursuit. This time, however, she waited before springing down nimbly after it, gain ground quickly as gravity pulled her downward. A desperate reach; and her fangs snagged in its back leg. 

The creature panicked then, pulling her down the mountain as stones scraped her pelt and she backpedalled desperately, refusing to relinquish her hold and doing all she could to slow the desperate beast.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
For quite some time, all Freyja did was watch the scene unfurl below. When it seemed as though Dawn's struggles might get the better of her, Freyja decided it was time to intervein. 

She leaped from her perch in pursuit of the struggling goat. With her eyes trained on the prize, she worked to navigate the rugged terrain with care. Rocks scattered every which way as Freyja struggled to make it to where Dawn persisted, and as she raced, she hoped that none of the debris had hit the other wolf. When she was within earshot, Freyja barked to let Dawn know of her presence. 

Not too long after her call had sounded, she slid into position alongside Dawn and reached forward to grab the leg that the other wolf already had a hold of.
they took the crown but it's alright
all the liars are calling me one
nobody's heard from me for months
i'm doing better than i ever was
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The bark almost had her lose focus; almost. Instead, she recovered quickly, glancing sidelong at the woman who slipped into place beside her, grabbing the other rear leg. The goat screamed shrilly, perhaps realizing it's time was up, as it finally slowed to a struggling stop. Moving quickly now, flashing a grin at the girl but hardly having time to be grateful yet, Dawn released her hold and threw herself atop the thing, fangs finding its lifeblood and clamping down like a trap. The ewe bucked beneath her, but Dawn held on grimly, waiting until the life were to finally fade from it.

When it did, Dawn turned to the girl, glint in her eye as she thanked the other, glad to have avoided being dragged down a mountain. Offering to divvy up the carcass, they split amicably after a few words, Dawn with a meal to return to her comrades with.