The Heartwood i wish i didn't have a heart to love you
s e l f - p r o c l a i m e d
q u e e n
18 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
u said - lil peep :(

Only once she was finally out of the creepy fog-filled forest she had spent the night in, Kinkajuú could breathe calmly again. Kinkajuú was not one to get scared easily - she was no scaredy cat, but her lonely nights were getting almost unbereable. She needed to find some company, if only temporarily before she drove herself crazy or got stuck in another creepy ass forest again.

This place seemed fine though, or so she thought as she looked around, her nose close to the ground trying to identify the different scents that lied over the dried up leaves that served as flooring. She could tell some other wolves had been around sometime not to long ago. She could also tell there were other critters, aka potential breakfast, around so without missing another beat she began to track down the first thing she could find.
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Whispering a quiet but loving goodbye to his mate, Shrike left Allure's side though it pained him to do so, to find something for them to eat. He wanted them both to have had a meal before they attempted to join a pack so they didn't show up on someone's doormat with growling bellies. He'd toyed with the idea of them both hunting down something a bit larger to bring with them, as proof of their hunting prowess, but the idea also seemed somewhat outdated. If they went to the Caldera, and Elwood was in charge, he doubted he'd need to bring anything as proof that he was a reliable hunter and tracker- his old friend already knew that. 

Secretly he hoped that he might run into Elwood, or perhaps Finley or Raven- one of his former packmates, so that he might get a chance to speak to them and see if they had room in the pack for two more members. Maybe they'd remember Allure- though she hadn't been in the pack long before she left to join her family in Neverwinter. Regardless, if would have been nice to come across a friendly face while he was out hunting, but instead he found himself halting and lowering into a crouch when he came across an unfamiliar scent. 

He stayed where he was, ears flicking back and forth as he scanned the area, waiting for the stranger to come into view, if she was heading in his direction. Sure enough, he could see just the top of a dark, tawny back roving along so he lifted himself silently from his crouch to get a better look at the wolf who moved along, nose to the ground. She was slim, and had a confident yet airy grace to the way she moved. If she was a lone wolf- which he assumed she was- then it wasn't a lifestyle that hindered her much. He eyed her for a moment with a calm silver gaze, and greeted her across the distance with a low chuff.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
s e l f - p r o c l a i m e d
q u e e n
18 Posts
Ooc — mini
hai :)

Aha! she thought, her nose inmediately recognizing the type of animal that had left behind such print in the dirt.
A rabbit.
She examined the shape once more before a chuff beind her made her turn around. 

She faced the male with pricked ears and a raised tail tip, her olive eyes doing a quick up-and-down so she could decide if this stranger was a potential friend or a foe. He looked alright...Alright enough to be a hunting partner. A smile crept upon the self-proclaimed princess' face, she was finding great things today. Two wolves could hunt more than one alone, she could convince him to work with her, and they would both end up winning.  

"oh, hey there" she barked, her voice silky and with a hint of playfulness. Though it was very likely he'd agree anyways, Kinkajuú did not shy from playing all of her cards, especially the 'good looks' one. "just what i was hoping for," making the other feel important always earned points, "you seem like a capable guy", compliments can help you seal the deal her mother had told her once, "wanna break a world record or something and hunt with me as many small things as we can find around here?" finally, make the task or favour seem more appealing than it actually is and voila - you got yourself the world spinning at your feet. 
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Shrike stayed still and maintained a relaxed posture while the darker female looked him over, still ready to turn and high-tail it should she show any signs of hostility. As it was, it seemed that she was pleased to have come across him, and her greeting was surprisingly friendly. She reminded Shrike vaguely of Raven, and he found himself wondering for a moment if this might be a relative. She did, after all, have several markers found in wolves from his famile- from the slim, athletic and graceful build to the keen look about her features and olive eyes. 

It seemed that she wanted a hunting partner, and though Shrike was receptive, her wiles were lost on him. Any sort of manipulation went straight over his head- he wouldn't have recognized it even if someone else had pointed it out, nor would he have cared. He and the female wanted the same thing- a hunting partner- so he didn't particularly mind how friendly she was being in order to score a hunting partner. Those were techniques he never would have used because Shrike was far more to-the-point. Charm wasn't something he'd ever really learned to use or recognize; so with that in mind, he often came off as being a bit dense. 

He did nod, though, and moved forward, replying with a simple "Yep." before he lifted his head and began to inhale with short puffs of air, lips slightly pulled back so he could catch any sign of prey in the vicinity. Remembering not to be too abrupt, he bobbed his head in a curt greeting. "M' Shrike."

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening