Blacktail Deer Plateau have a seat in the foyer, take a number
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
But the time Dawn opened her eyes, it was dark again; at first leading her to believe that she'd hardly slept at all, but realizing after a moment that a day had passed. Blinking sleep from her eyes, she stood and stretched, muscles twinging. Yawning, she peered blearily at the horizon, noting the thin line of light that hovered over it. Dawn was close, and she couldn't find herself willing to sleep much longer.

She stretched her forelimb stiffly before setting it to the ground, doing the same to all her other limbs before finally giving her pelt a brisk shake. She set off at a brisk lope northward, intending to perform a quick circuit of the borders before morning. Warmth flowed slowly into her limbs; even she, with her thick pelt, had begun to feel the twinge of cold.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid woke up feeling like someone was throwing rocks against her skull and shoving knives deep into the corners of her mind. Pain stabbed at her head continuously and a hiss slipped between her lips as she forced herself up onto her paws. It would do her no good to sleep again - too plagued by flashes of memories or nightmares whenever her eyes closed. Try as she might, she could not figure what was real and what was fake. It was easier to brave the pain and cold that the day brought than the bitter confines of her mind when dusk fell. 

Raid shook herself and gave her pelt a few quick licks before she set off towards the borders. She wanted to prove to Grayday that it was not a mistake to accept an amnesiac, therefore she was going to do as much as she could to help the pack, whether it be patrolling or hunting. In fact, she should probably gather as many herbs as she could before winter. Storing that thought in the corner of her mind, Raid hurried forward.

All seemed to be going well, her journey to the borders nearly complete when sharp needle-like pain stabbed at her mind. Instinctively, she squeezed her eyes shut, teeth gritted in an attempt to shut out everything. It didn't work. In fact, the needles turned into daggers and began stabbing with even more vigour. Her limbs appeared to have taken on a mind of their own however, as they kept moving forwards against her will (or whatever remained of that) and moments later, she promptly collapsed on the ground as she rebounded against another furry wolf-like being. The bump barely registered with her, however, as the agony of her head took over.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The bump on her side had her start, half-expecting it to be some trespasser. Perhaps even the same that had torn out her father's eye, and attacked her little sister. Whirling, Dawn uttered a sharp "he-" , stopping only when the girl on the ground struck a chord somewhere in her memory. "you?" The word was half question, half statement as Dawn poked the girl's shoulder with mild concern, realizing quickly that the girl was in pain, and, sometime in her absence, became a member of Morningside. "I thought you didn't make a habit of bumping into people,"

She'd never attached a name to the girl, knowing her only as Cute Girl. The absence of something to call her besides that meant she stayed quick a beat longer than she ought to have, staring in dismay and concern at the girl at her feet. "are you alright?" she questioned, unsure of just what to do and regretting all the times that she ought to have asked Pema for healer knowledge, but, ultimately, didn't.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The muddle in her brain clears a little when the stranger speaks with a spark of familiarity. Raid squints through the pain at the girl she had bumped into moments ago and a flicker of something passes briefly through her, - gone too quick for her to get catch it, but it was there nonetheless - too late, she realises her jaw is hanging open and she's panting like there's no tomorrow. Embarassed, she clamps her mouth shut and blinks, humiliation seeping up her neck and colouring her neck that for now, the pain was forgotten.
She's pretty. Who is she? She looks familiar.    
"Sorry," Raid mumbles, the words soft and low and barely audible. She glances briefly at the girl, then averts her eyes. "I-you look kind of familiar - I'm sorry, I lost my memories or something. It's like amnesia. I didn't mean to - I'm sorry." The words slide off her tongue in a jumbled rollercoaster. She swallows and gives a barely imperceptible nod when the girl asks if she was alright.
"Yeah," Raid says and picks herself up, nearly stumbling and falling over in the process. She clears her throat, embarassed. "Have I seen you before?"

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
so sorry for the wait on this, I'm horrible
The girl's maw falls open, and Dawn blinks at her a moment, until humiliation colours her features and her maw snaps shut. She apologizes, and Dawn is quick to add,  "don't' worry about it, really." The girl seems off, different from the first time they'd met, and in a moment she realizes why. She'd never before heard of amnesia before, but when she girl explains its meaning becomes clear.  "you lost them all?"  A dozen questions spring to mind immediately, predominately how, but she refrains from pummeling the girl with them. 

The apologizing is a drastic difference from the slightly murderous girl she'd met, and it unnerves her. The thought that such a thing is even possible, and that the girl apologizes to her so, have her ears flick back briefly.  "you don't need to apologize,"  She reassures the girl firmly, shifting forward as she stumbled, half wanting to support her but realizing that that may come across poorly. She settles for introducing herself, hawkish gaze muted. "I'm Dawn. We've met before; in the mountains. You bumped into me. I don't think I got your name, though." She admits, tail flicking behind her out of nervousness and a hopes that it will but the girl at ease.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
it's okay! <3
Dawn is quick to reassure Raid that it's okay and not to worry, but the words have little effect on the amnesiac - she shuffles her paws quietly and shifts her weight as if doing so would help alleviate the growing anxiety in her chest. "Well, most," she licks her lips, "I don't remember anything but medical stuff. Kind of ironic, to be honest." Raid manages a small, wry smile at that because even she finds some this situation sickly humorous...in a way.

"Dawn...pretty name," Raid offers, and she's being sincere. Dawn is a nice name and anyway, has a much better meaning than her own moniker. "I don't remember my name, or my original one, at least. Grayday - he says he's met me before and when I first arrived, called me Genie. I guess that's my name, but I go by Raid now," she tells the other girl with a lift of her shoulder, like she couldn't care less about what her name is. "Short for Raiden. It's like my middle name or something - I dunno, but I don't remember anything else, so.." she trails off, slightly helpless. "You can call me whatever though, it doesn't really matter."