King Elk Forest here's some dirt i put into a bowl because i'm amazing
25 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She spends the first few days getting adjusted. It hasn’t been that long since she’d been part of a pack but this one is entirely new to her. It isn’t filled with friends and family, but strangers and… Delight. She isn’t sure she should consider him a friend, considering his reaction to most things she says but she can’t help the small smile the forms on her features when she thinks about him. She enjoyed making him squirm.

This morning, she walks with a little more confidence, a little more effort. This time, she won’t avoid any communication with the others not that she’s gotten her affairs set straight. She still doesn’t quite go searching but she does feel the rumble in her stomach, nose to the ground every few feet as she tries to find a scent trail in this cold, late autumn morning.

165 Posts
Ooc —
The caches have filled out her angular form, and soon she feels in debt to them. Her conscience does not allow her to continue taking and not giving; it feels too wrong. Thus she finds herself scouting the territory, alternating between searching for a hunting partner or sticking to herself, knowing the former will have to happen sometime of another. When she finds the scent of the other woman (fresh) she initially passes it. It is less than joyously, however, that she drags herself back and chuffs for the stranger, resigned to the unavoidable concept of first meetings with all the wolves here.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
25 Posts
Ooc —
It is not the scent of prey that fills her nose, but another wolf. Her bright golden eyes look upward from her head low, nose to the ground, and she sees a glimpse of agouti fur in the distance. With her mouth parted, she lifts her head to see through the trees, half expecting the girl to keep going. She is new and she hasn’t met anyone else of the pack, really, other than Delight, and she wouldn’t blame the wolves that lived her to keep their distance of someone they don’t trust. 

She is relieved to see the girl come back and chuff in her direction. Sunflower smiles and wags her tail, standing relaxed but she doesn’t move forward. If the other wants to close the distance, she will, and she will not pressure. “Well, hello there, doll,” she calls out with a smirk, “what brings you out here?”

165 Posts
Ooc —
The woman seems friendly, which affirms her suspicion that all wolves here are. Perhaps it is only loners who are unfriendly. Her head cants to the side and she pauses a moment after the woman speaks. "doll?"  It is a word she's never heard before, and it is after a brief pause that she adds, "hunting."  The woman is friendly, but in such a way that Antha has not encountered before, a kind of friend she can't quite describe.
25 Posts
Ooc —
The girl questions her name of affection and her brows bury between her gaze, a slight tilt of her head. Sunflower doesn’t know whether or not she’s been a part of the pack for a while or if she is also new and so she shifts her posture to something more relax, tail swaying behind her. “It is a silly pet name,” she says with a smile, before moving on and nodding. “I am also hunting. Would you like to join me?” she asks, turning a little to point the direction she’d been going. She hasn’t found much yet but maybe between noses they’ll get lucky.
165 Posts
Ooc —
She still doesn't quite understand, the term "pet name" new to her also, but decides to keep silent. It is an endearing term, and she wonders if the woman is endeared to everyone upon first meeting, or if it is merely politeness. She brightens when Sunflower asks her to join in her hunt, nodding quickly. "yes, please" She knew that elk - more specifically, King elk - was off the menu, and she hadn't scent much else besides old turkey a while back. She moved in the direction that the woman pointed, scenting alongside her in search of anything appetizing.
25 Posts
Ooc —
The girl falls in line next to her, setting up to an easy pace and begins to work. Sunflower won’t object to a little more small talk but it’s not something you can force. If she doesn’t want to participate, that’s fine. She can be a silent partner. Ha.

After a few minutes pass and Sunflower diligently works to find something, she realizes more questions have formed for the girl. She turns to look at her, having broken off a little in their search. She’s about to say something to her new companion before she swings her head back, startled by a wild turkey in the distance. A silent yelp snatches out of her mouth and she hesitates, knowing it shouldn’t have startled her as much as it did. No matter. They found something.

One quick glimpse from Anatha is all she needs. Fried chicken for dinner tonight.